Most likely breakdowns
So, we tested the device for external breakdowns. Now let’s consider the options for the malfunction of the automatic machine. We recommend that you prepare in advance the necessary tools that you may need for this. First of all, of course, you will need a multimeter, a modern device that combines the functions of an ammeter and a voltmeter. It is used to measure current and resistance, some models determine the temperature. The tester is always useful in the house, as it is indispensable for the repair of any household appliances. And, of course, get a screwdriver and a wrench. Let’s start looking at the individual elements of the washing machine so as not to miss a malfunction.
Do not forget about compliance with safety regulations. And first of all, we disconnect the device from the power supply.
We will diagnose the cord and plug. Pay attention to the integrity of the wire at the bend and connection with the plug. This is often where the kink occurs. Try to wiggle the metal pins in the plug. They must remain motionless. These elements may also have internal damage. Call a tester to check. To do this, put the device in the “buzzer” mode, and a kind of squeak will signal the health of the part.
We pass to the hatch door. We know that the door must be tightly closed for the washer to start the program. A click is heard, which speaks of blocking. It is impossible to visually determine the health of the lock if there is no mechanical damage. Let’s use a multimeter. Let’s check the resistance. Attention, the washing machine must be disconnected from the electricity.
We open the door. Using the tester probes, touch the opposite sides of the lock. And we look at the display of the device. In the absence of resistance, the indicator is 0, in the presence of. infinity. We close the door. And we do the same. If the indicator has changed, then the lock is working, if not, then it will have to be dismantled and replaced. This process is not complicated. You can cope yourself.
Let’s test the power button. To do this, we will again use a multimeter and the dialing function, as indicated in paragraph 1. If there is no signal, you will have to put a new button. A malfunction of the FPS in the washing machine can also block its operation. This device is designed to filter out electromagnetic interference from other household appliances. Located under the lid. Remove it and measure the voltage. To do this, switch the tester to “voltage” mode. Use the clamps to touch different ends of the device and read the indicators on the scoreboard.
The most difficult item to check is the electronic module. Its repair is carried out only by a specialist of the service center, but diagnostics can be carried out independently. Remove the module, it is located behind the control panel in the washing machine. And call each element with a tester, thus determining its performance.
The reason for the malfunction of the equipment can be a clogged filter. To check it, unscrew the drain hose on the back of the washer. Take out the filter and wash it. We have covered the most common damage to a Samsung automatic machine. Most of them can be repaired by yourself.
Samsung washing machine won’t turn on
The washing is canceled, and now all plans are violated, and all due to the fact that the Samsung washing machine does not turn on. There can be really many reasons for such an incident. But before you give in to panic, you need to determine what happened. Of course, the breakdown can be significant and you will need the help of a specialist. Although, it is likely that you can fix the problem yourself.
What we check first?
Before rushing to disassemble the washing machine, it is necessary to eliminate external causes that could affect its operation. Let’s start with the most common ones:
- It is worth making sure that the power is connected and that there is electricity in the apartment.
- Check if the outlet that the washing machine is connected to is working. This can be easily done by turning on any other electrical appliance. If it works, then everything is in order with the outlet.
- If you are using an extension cord, make sure it is working properly. Often a wire break becomes the reason for a lack of electricity.
- Availability of water. First, in the water supply, and then her access to the washing machine.
- Pay attention to the weight of the loaded laundry. If the permissible rate is exceeded, the program will not start. And in some cases, the entire device may break down.
- A faulty RCD can block the operation. In modern apartments, there is a residual current device in the switchboards. In the event of a short circuit, it shuts off the supply of electricity to the apartment.
- Is the hatch closed sufficiently. If the door is not pressed down enough and the lock does not click, then the wash does not start.
- Sometimes the washing machine breaks down due to a sharp voltage drop. And even when switched on, it does not function and nothing lights up on the display. Manufacturers recommend unplugging the device when not in use.
- Very low water pressure. The pump does not have enough power to draw enough liquid for washing, and the machine turns off.
- Pay attention to the whole system of connecting household appliances. It happens if the instructions for the drain supply are violated, then the entire washing machine does not function.
Diagnostics is greatly simplified if your machine is equipped with an electronic scoreboard. In this case, the combination of light bulbs will indicate a breakdown. You can decipher it by reading the meaning of the signal symbols in the instructions for the washing machine. Usually, specialists in household appliance repair shops easily cope with broken parts.
It is worth checking the heating element
We will describe in more detail how to check the health of the heating element. The fact is that damage to the Tubular Heater blocks the operation of the entire washer. With such a breakdown, a protective mechanism is triggered, since there is a current leakage to the case. Possibly punctured by Tubular Heater. It is one of the most important parts of the apparatus. To check it, you will have to spend time and dismantle the case. We hope that detailed instructions will help you cope with the task. So what to do:
- Position the washing machine so that all sides are easily accessible.
- Dispose of the remaining liquid in the tank. To do this, remove the trash filter.
- Pull out the compartment for washing powder and other detergents.
- There are bolts on the back of the case. They must be unscrewed to detach the top panel.
- There are fastening screws under the cuvette. We unscrew them. And on the right side there is another one that needs to be removed too. Total 3 screws.
- Move the control panel very carefully. We will not completely disconnect it.
- There is a plastic clamp around the entire circumference of the hatch. Use a flat screwdriver to pick it up and carefully remove it.
- Thoroughly tuck the door seal into the wash tub.
- Using the same flat screwdriver, carefully pry up the front decoration panel. Take it out. Access to the steel frame of the washing machine will open.
- Now you can easily see the 4 bolts on the bottom of the front wall. They need to be unscrewed.
- Next, very carefully so as not to damage the electrical wires, move the control panel to the top cover of the Washing machine. Now you need to unscrew 3 more screws that were under the panel. They secure the front of the case.
The most complex manipulations to extract the Tubular Heater have already been completed. It remains only to detach the front wall. To do this, it must be removed from the hooks on which it is held. Grasp the bottom ends of the panel and gently lift up.
No effort is needed, as this can damage the wiring that is attached to the hatch lock.
Thus, access to the temperature sensor and the heating element was opened. Now it is possible to check them for damage. Try to position the control panel as securely as possible, its fall will most likely lead to serious damage.
So, let’s start diagnosing Tubular Heater. For this, we again need a multimeter. Put it in resistance measurement mode. We look at the tester’s indicators by placing the first clamp on one contact, and the second on the other. If the display shows a value from 25-30 Ohm, then be sure that this Tubular Heater is working properly. In the case when the indicator is 0 or 1, we conclude that the part does not work. Accordingly, the broken element must be replaced.
In the article, we examined in detail the possible options for the washing machine breakdown. We hope that the information received will help restore the functionality of your household appliances.
Noisy Samsung Machine
When washing, did the Washing machine begin to vibrate, buzz, make noise? Check if the installation is correct, how stable the equipment is on the floor.
A more serious cause of noise is bearing wear. To replace it, you need to know the device or have a diagram of the Samsung washing machine. Change of bearings is described in detail at:
Samsung machine won’t pump water
It is necessary to check the drain system: most often the reason is a clogged drain pipe or pump.
- Unplug the machine, turn off the water.
- Disconnect all communications.
- Remove the dispensing tray by pressing the release in the center.
- Open the drain filter hatch on the bottom of the front panel.
- Drain off remaining water and clean the filter.
- Lay the Washing machine on its side, access the bottom.
- Having found the location of the pump and the pipe, loosen the pipe clamps.
- Disconnect the pump wires.
- Remove the screws securing the pump.
- After removing the pump, check it for clogging.
- Remove the branch pipe and rinse it from dirt.
Inspect the nipple carefully for damage. Most often, it loses its tightness at the clamp attachment points. In case of malfunction of the branch pipe or pump, new elements must be installed.
Samsung washing machine malfunctions
As much as you care about your Samsung washing machine, the system will malfunction over time. Contacting a service center is an expensive pleasure, especially since most of the breakdowns can be fixed on your own.
Let’s figure out how to repair a Samsung (Samsung) washing machine with your own hands.
To check and replace you need to get to the Tubular Heater. By the way the Samsung washing machine works, we conclude: to get the Tubular Heater, you need to remove the front case of the washing machine.
We repair the washing machine ourselves:
- After unplugging the Washing machine from the mains, unscrew the screws on the back of the top panel.
- Pull out the dispensing tray. Unscrew the bolts behind it.
- Unscrew the rest of the mounting bolts and remove the control panel of the Samsung washing machine.
- Remove the bottom panel.
- Bending the hatch cuff, pry up the metal clamp and remove it.
- Put the cuff inside the drum.
- After unscrewing the door locking screws, as well as disconnecting the wires, remove the front panel.
- At the base of the drum is the Tubular Heater.
- Disconnect the heater wires.
- Unscrew the center nut (not completely).
- Push in the center bolt and remove the Tubular Heater.
- Remove the thermostat from the heater.
If the thermostat is good, simply move it to the new Tubular Heater. Installation is carried out in the reverse order, after which the body is placed.
What malfunctions are typical for the Samsung Washing machine
The design of the Samsung washing machine is characterized by high-quality assembly, especially with regard to electronics.
According to service centers, electronic parts. board, wiring. fail much less often than other elements.
- According to statistics, 54% of breakdowns occur in the heating element. It is the Tubular Heater that most often fails. Constant power surges and scale from poor-quality water contribute to the malfunction of the element.
This includes the Tubular Heater connections as well as the temperature sensor. With a large amount of scale, the temperature sensor fails, and as a result of a short circuit, the contacts of the Tubular Heater burn out.
- 21% of the washing machine malfunctions are caused by wear on the drive belt. The wash may stop in the middle of a cycle and the drum will not rotate. Only replace the belt with an original part.
- 12% of breakdowns are taken by the inlet valves. As a result of rubber wear or drying out, water spontaneously pours into the tank. Also, the valve may become clogged, and then the water does not enter the machine well.
- The remaining places are divided between parts: a drain pump, worn out oil seals and bearings.
Poor drainage is caused by a blockage in the drain system. Constant self-draining of water occurs due to incorrect connection. Depressurization of elements leads to leaks in the Samsung washing machine.
Consider how to repair a Samsung washing machine with your own hands.
Does not collect water or floods a lot
The reason for the lack of water may be a blockage. When repairing a washing machine with your own hands, first of all:
- Turn the shut-off valve.
- See if there is sufficient water pressure at the tap.
- Inspect the inlet hose. Maybe he bent over, twisted.
- Disconnect the hose and rinse under pressure from the tap.
- Take out the filter mesh inlet valve.
- Unclog it.
If an excessive amount of water enters the machine, check the filling valve.
- After removing the top panel of the Washing machine, on top of the wall you will see the inlet valve.
- Disconnect valve wires.
- Unscrew the fixing bolts.
- After loosening the clamps, disconnect the hoses.
If the overall valve is intact, replace the rubber seals. If not, install a new part.
Drive belt wear
To replace the belt, you need to know how to remove the back wall of your Samsung washing machine:
- After unscrewing the bolts, remove the back panel.
- Remove the old belt from the pulley.
- If inspection confirms belt wear, install a new element.
- Start sliding the belt over the engine pulley by moving and rotating the drum pulley.
Now you know how to fix a washing machine without calling the master.
Washing machine Samsung error codes
By displaying fault codes on the display, the system informs the user about the problem that has occurred. You need to understand the meaning of Samsung washing machine error codes and start DIY repair.
|1E||Failure of the pressure switch.|
|3E, 3E1, 3E2, 3E3, 3E4||Washing machine motor tachometer malfunction.|
|4E, 4E1, 4E2||No water in the tank.|
|5E||Water drain error.|
|8E||Washing machine motor failure.|
|9E1, 9E2, Uc||Power supply error. Voltage too high or too low.|
|AE||No communication between the electronic board and the display panel.|
|bE1, bE2, bE3||The washing machine does not turn on.|
|CE||The water in the tank has exceeded the heating rate.|
|bE1, bE2, bE3||Problems with closing the hatch door.|
|FE||Ventilation is not working.|
|NOT, HE1, HE2, HE3||Heating element defective (Tubular Heater).|
|LE (LE1)||There is a leak.|
|OE (OF)||Too much water in the tank.|
|tE1, tE2, tE3||Defective thermal sensor.|
|HER||Failure of the Tubular Heater or drying temperature sensor.|
|UE||An imbalance has occurred.|
|Sud||Foam concentration exceeded.|
Samsung washing machine won’t turn on: causes and remedies
Samsung washing machine won’t turn on? By this one can understand the following:
- the device does not show signs of life;
- only the main indicator lights up;
- all or several indicators are on simultaneously, washing does not start or stops.
The reasons can be either the simplest, removable independently, or requiring special equipment and calling a repairman for washing machines.
- First of all, you need to check if there is electricity in the apartment, if the fuse on the meter has blown.
- Is the water tap open? If water does not flow into the tub of the Samsung washing machine, the program cannot continue.
- Do not exceed the recommended weight of the laundry. If we neglect this parameter, the motor will not be able to rotate the drum normally, which not only blocks the operation, but can also lead to the failure of the entire structure.
- The next item is the socket. You need to connect another household appliance to it. If it works and the 220 Volt power comes out of it, go ahead.
- If an extension cord is being used, it may be the cause. Cable breaks are common. Similarly to the outlet, it is checked by connecting any household appliances.
- For safety reasons, an RCD is provided in the electrical panel. a residual current device. If dangerous levels are exceeded, it cuts off the electricity. Sometimes the RCD fails and blocks the inclusion of the washing unit.
- Is the access door closed? If it is not locked, no program will start.
- Failure of the device sometimes occurs when there are voltage drops in the network, therefore, after the end of the work, the plug of the washing machine must always be unplugged.
- Insufficient water pressure in the water supply system also prevents the Samsung clipper from starting or continuing to operate.
- When connecting to the drain, you should be careful: modern technology is a set of complex mechanisms, during installation you must observe all the parameters from the instructions, otherwise the system will not work.
The situation is simplified when the device has a display with flashing error codes. The system conducts self-diagnostics and tells you what the problem is. Samsung in the instructions for its products decodes each error and provides an aLGorithm of actions to eliminate it. Samsung washing machine repair services quickly deal with such problems.
If everything is in order with the above components, go to the unit itself. To do this, you need the simplest tools: a screwdriver, a wrench, a multimeter (tester). The latter device is necessary for the repair of many types of household appliances, and it is desirable to have it in every home. You need to search for the cause of the breakdown from element to element:
- plug and cord that connects your Samsung washing machine to an outlet. The cord should not have any breaks, damage (this happens with sharp bends). Damage to the wire may be inside. You need to see if the metal pins on the plug are loose. Both the plug and the cord must be checked with a tester in the ringing mode (buzzer);
- hatch door. If the hatch is closed, a click is heard when closing, but the wash does not start, the lock is called by the tester. All operations with a multimeter check are carried out with the machine disconnected from the electricity! The probes of the device are placed at different ends of the lock and check the resistance. If you do not hear any sounds, then the lock is out of order, you need to dismantle and replace it. You can do it yourself.
- power button. Also checked with a multimeter. When the button is pressed, it must conduct current. the tester emits a sound. If everything is quiet, the button needs to be replaced;
- the washer has a device that filters electromagnetic interference from other types of equipment. FPS. Its defect blocks the normal operation of the unit. To check the FPS, you need to remove the cover of the machine and test with a multimeter (voltage);
- electronic module. This is a complex part, which can only be repaired by a service center specialist. However, you can try to diagnose its breakdown yourself. This part of the structure is located behind the washer control panel. It should be removed, check the board with a multimeter from part to part for operability;
- clogged water supply filters. On the back of the machine, you need to unscrew the drain hose, take out a small filter and see if there is a blockage on it.
Minor bugs, such as the wrong choice of washing powder, an incorrectly set program, accidental pressing of several buttons at once, lead to the Samsung washing machine not turning on. If the components are clogged due to the excess amount of detergent, fill the powder reservoir with water and wait until it dissolves.
If the wrong program is selected, you must reset it, and then run the aLGorithm that really suits.
Modern units are a complex mechanism with many components; the Tubular Heater, motor, tachometer and so on could fail. If the Samsung washing machine does not turn on, and none of the tips helped solve the problem, all that remains is to use the services of a specialist.
Perhaps everything is extremely simple
Before taking up the tool and proceeding to disassembly, it is worth excluding external factors that affect the performance of the Samsung washing machine. If it does not turn on at all, that is, there is no indication, and there is no reaction to pressing the buttons, you need to do the following:
- Check the availability of electricity in the apartment.
- Make sure the socket is working properly. For this, you can use any electrical appliance.
- If connected with an extension cord, make sure it works.
- Check RCD (Residual Current Device), it may be blocking the power supply to the machine.
- If the washing machine is connected via a stabilizer, check it.
Another situation is possible. The Samsung washing machine itself turns on, the power light comes on, but the wash does not start, and no programs can be started. The reason for this may also be outside the case of the device. It is not difficult to check this, you just need to perform a few simple steps:
- Make sure there is water in the water supply.
- Check the drain and drain hose for blockages.
- Open and close the hatch again.
- Check the correct stacking and weight of the loaded laundry.
Samsung washing machine turns on but does not work
It happens differently. The machine turns on normally, the indicators are on and react to the owner’s actions, but the wash program cannot be started. In this case, it is necessary to check the presence of water in the system, as well as test a number of performing parts of the machine. It’s worth starting from the hatch.
If in the course of the previous measures it turned out only that all the parts of the circuit are completely functional, and the washing machine does not work, the cause of the breakdown is the control module board. Its failure is also signaled by a situation in which the indicators are on, but there is no reaction to the owner’s actions. This is the most difficult part of the washing machine, it is recommended to carry out its repair and diagnostics only in service centers certified by Samsung.
Of course, if you have experience with radio engineering, you can try to find the cause yourself. First you have to partially disassemble the car. The order of work depends on the specific model, for example, in devices of the Samsung Diamond series, it is necessary to remove the top panel by unscrewing the screws fixing it at the back, and remove the detergent tray. Next, it remains only to loosen the clamps, remove the wire pads.
The first thing to do is to examine the board, preferably with a magnifying glass. It is required to identify the following:
- parts with traces of melting;
- places of blackening of the PCB;
- damaged tracks or jumpers;
- oxidized contacts.
Common breakdowns and how to fix them
Before disassembling your Samsung washing machine, you need to prepare your tool. It will take quite a bit: a few keys and screwdrivers for disassembly, a multimeter to check the details. It is also necessary to disconnect the washing machine from the power supply, water supply and sewerage system. A device installed against a wall or in a niche should be placed in the middle of the room to provide room for work.
Samsung washing machine won’t turn on. reasons
Samsung home appliances are well-deservedly popular with customers around the world. A wide range of models for every wallet and excellent consumer characteristics contribute to the constant growth of sales. This is a reliable technique, but it also sometimes fails. Samsung washing machine won’t turn on. a problem that everyone can face. Sometimes this is the result of a serious breakdown, but often the reason lies in the unsatisfactory state of communications in the house.
The next part that can break down and prevent your Samsung machine from turning on is the filter. Its task is to protect other household appliances from interference that occurs during the operation of the washing machine. Its failure prevents the device from turning on.
The filter is a five-pin barrel. Three at the entrance: phase, zero, ground. Two for output: phase and zero. On the side surface of the part, its diagram is shown, starting from it, the part is tested.
There are two ways to check the filter. You can apply voltage to its input and check its presence at the output. This is simple and does not take much time, but you need to understand that there is high voltage on the contacts, and this is life-threatening. The second method involves “ringing” the outputs with a multimeter.
Some Samsung models supply power directly to the button. Failure of its moving contacts, their oxidation. all this can serve as the reason that the washing machine stopped turning on. The button also needs to ring, first in the off position, then on. Of course, in the on state, the button must pass current. The broken part is changed.
Sunroof locking mechanism
A common cause of a malfunction that makes it impossible to start any wash program is the locking mechanism. This device prevents the door from opening during the program, which in turn guarantees a safe wash.
The first thing to do in this situation is to open and close the door again. This does not require unnecessary effort. It closes easily until it clicks. If after that the car does not start, most likely you will have to change the blocker.
A similar situation can occur in the case of the Samsung model with an additional door. It is worth checking the reliability of the lock, opening and closing it several times.
Machine blocking due to failure of the electric heater
Some breakdowns of the heater lead to the device not turning on, and the start of programs is blocked. If the Tubular Heater does not just burn out, but “punches” the body, the protective mechanism of the Samsung washing machine is activated. The heater must be checked, in case of failure. replace.
The work is performed according to the following aLGorithm:
- disconnect the car from all communications;
- remove water from the tank;
- remove the top cover;
- remove the detergent drawer;
- remove the latches and move the display panel;
- loosen and remove the collar holding the cuff;
- fill the sealant into the drum;
- remove the front panel decorative strip;
- lift and detach the front part of the case.
Access to the heater will open. It is located in a niche at the bottom of the drum. For diagnostics, it is not necessary to remove it, just disconnect the power terminals.
Check the Tubular Heater with a multimeter. It is switched to resistance measurement mode. The probes of the device are connected to the heater leads. Check the readings. The resistance of the working part is 25-30 Ohm, if the indicator shows 0 or 1. the heater is out of order.
The washing machine does not heat the water: external causes of the malfunction
Did you specially choose a model with the Eco Bubble function for better washing of your laundry? If over time things wash out worse and worse, then you should pay attention to the operation of the heating system. First of all, check if the programs really run at a low temperature:
- Set to a high temperature setting (Cotton, Synthetics).
- Try the sunroof glass in fifteen minutes.
Ideally, it should be warm. If it is cold, then there is a problem. Do not be alarmed, you may not need serious repairs. Start by checking like this:
- Take a look at the control panel. Is the correct mode selected? Is the temperature low by accident? Then it is enough to change the settings to enjoy the efficient operation of the washing machine.
- Recheck the connection of equipment to communications. The hoses must be positioned strictly according to the instructions, otherwise the water can drain itself. Due to constant circulation, the washer does not have time to heat the water.
Are the external settings and connections OK? Then it’s time to move on to heavy artillery. checking the internal details. How to do this, we will tell you in the next paragraph.
Samsung machine stopped heating water: main malfunctions
The heating element (Tubular Heater) is responsible for heating the water in the washer. A thermal sensor (thermistor, in the photo. a white square element) is installed in the heater body, which controls the temperature of the water in the tank and sends a signal to the module to turn off heating.
Here are the main reasons why the Tubular Heater fails:
- Scale. Hard water in the mains contains impurities that eventually settle on the parts of the Washing machine. By covering the Tubular Heater, scale blocks heat transfer. As a result, the element overheats and burns out.
- Break. Another reason for overheating and breaking of the internal coil of the heater is voltage drops in the network. Therefore, experts recommend using a stabilizer.
- Temperature sensor breakage. If the sensor does not inform the module about the end of heating, the Tubular Heater continues to work. The result is overheating and failure.
Another rare and most serious problem is the burnout of the triac on the control board. This part is responsible for the operation of the heater, therefore, in the event of a malfunction, the Tubular Heater simply does not activate.
Disassembling the Washing machine and finding the Tubular Heater
In most Samsung washing machines, the heating element is located behind the front panel. Getting to Tubular Heater takes time and patience.
Important! If you are not sure exactly where the heater is located, check the instructions.
Prepare a screwdriver, water container and multimeter to test the heater. Start disassembly:
- Unplug the plug, close the water inlet valve.
- Open the small plinth panel under the loading door.
- Substitute a container, unscrew the filter and drain the water.
- Remove the detergent drawer by pressing the latch in the center.
- Remove the washing machine top cover by unscrewing the two screws at the back.
- Remove the control panel by unscrewing the fixing screws on the sides. Leave the wiring on, just lay the panel on top of the case.
- Fold back the hatch seal. Pry the metal clamp with a screwdriver and remove from the place.
- Load the rubber into the drum.
- Unscrew the bolts of the sunroof locking device (UBL), disconnect the wiring.
- After removing the bolts around the perimeter, lift and move the front cover to the side.
Great, the machine is ready to go. Now you can proceed to diagnostics and replacement if necessary.
Samsung washing machine does not heat water
Does the laundry remain gray after washing, and difficult stains are not removed? Do not rush to sin on powder, perhaps the reason is the low temperature of the water. Why doesn’t the Samsung washing machine heat the water? There are several reasons, ranging from an incorrectly selected program to the breakdown of internal elements. We will list possible problems and describe in detail the repair of the machine.
Checking and replacing the Tubular Heater and thermal sensor
You will see the heating element leads directly under the tank. To check a part for serviceability, proceed as follows:
- Disconnect Tubular Heater wiring.
- Turn the multimeter into ohmmeter mode.
- Attach the probe leads to the heater contacts.
- Monitor the readings on the screen.
A healthy element will give readings of 25-30 ohms. In the event of a breakdown, the Tubular Heater will display from 0 to 1 ohm. To replace a part, follow the instructions:
- Take a socket screwdriver.
- Unscrew the Tubular Heater Center Nut.
- Push the bolt inward and carefully remove the part from the tank.
Now you can verify the presence of limescale. Sometimes, in order to return the element to work, it is enough to remove a thick layer of plaque. Do not rush to complete the installation, first remove the thermal sensor from the Tubular Heater housing and ring with a multimeter. A serviceable part at a temperature of 20 degrees will show 6000 ohms. If the sensor is immersed in hot water at about 50 degrees, then its resistance should drop and will be 1350 Ohm.
For more information on how to get and check the thermistor, see:
To replace, simply insert a new thermal sensor into the socket. A serviceable Tubular Heater is also installed in the reverse order. Do not forget to pre-clean the seat from dirt and scale, also lubricate the seal with machine oil so that it sits tightly in the hole.
The renovation work has been completed. To test if the Tubular Heater is working properly, run Samsung Diamond or another model on a hot water cycle.
It is better to entrust the diagnostics of the control board, which could also provoke the problem, to the master. To prevent future problems, use water softeners, run preventive programs with the addition of citric acid against limescale.
What is this function?
First, let’s figure out what Eco Bubble is in the Samsung washing machine, how this function works. Eco Bubble is a bubble wash, in other words, washing machines equipped with this function are able to enrich a mixture of water and powder with air. Air-rich mixture better penetrates between fabric fibers, removing even stubborn dirt.
A device that foams a mixture of water and powder is located between the dispenser connection and the washing machine tub. From a technical point of view, the Eco Bubble device is useful in that it saves the time required for dissolving and foaming dry powder or washing gel.
Note! The Eco Bubble device is a special flow-through blower that quickly prepares an air-rich mixture of detergent and water.
In other words, in this case, a ready-made, foamed mixture of water and detergent is fed into the tank of the machine. Water with semi-dissolved powder is supplied to the tank of a conventional automatic washing machine, and it takes more time until the powder dissolves and begins to act. The question arises, why not turn on the washing mode for a longer time in a regular machine, so that the powder dissolves and wash everything properly or not use an instant detergent? But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
Review of machines
To have a more detailed understanding of the equipment equipped with the Eco Bubble function, let’s make a small overview and see specific models of washing machines from Samsung, which have been on the free market for quite some time.
Samsung WWW10H9600EW / LP. Capacious automatic washing machine with a load up to 10 kg, electronic touch display and Eco Bubble function. In addition to a volumetric drum, a touch screen and the Eco Bubble function, the model has many advantages: an inverter motor, an adjustable spin speed from 300 to 1600 rpm, a delayed start of a washing program, automatic weighing of laundry, half load, easy ironing, accelerated wash and many others. and this is its most significant drawback.
Samsung WW60J6210DS. Another washing machine from a well-known manufacturer equipped with Eco Bubble. The characteristics of this model are more modest than those of Samsung WWW10H9600EW / LP, but also. The drum can only be loaded up to 6 kg, in fact it comes in just over five. Spin speed up to 1200 rpm. In addition to the Eco Bubble function, this washing machine has: a delayed start, a drum load in half, an accelerated wash, a wash without spinning.
Important! Most of the Samsung washing machine models have overestimated drum volume and capacity in their specifications, they probably have some kilograms of their own in Korea!
Samsung WW90J6410CW. This model is also not cheap, although it is assembled in China, its average. The washing machine has a spacious drum up to 9 kg, actually holds 7.5, the Eco Bubble function, spin up to 1400 rpm, delay start, half load and more. Programmed for 14 washing modes: cotton, synthetics, delicates, wool, dark fabrics, baby clothes and others. There is also protection in the form of foam control, self-diagnosis of malfunctions and child intervention.
Samsung WD80J7250GW / LP. This model, equipped with the Eco Bubble function, will cost you about 70,000 rubles. This washing machine is also assembled in China, it has a drum with a load of up to 8 kg, spinning up to 1200 rpm, an easy ironing function, and most importantly, it has excellent drying in its arsenal. The disadvantage of the model can be considered the lack of protection against leaks, which is unacceptable for such an expensive model.
Eco Bubble in a washing machine. what is it?
The market is flooded with automatic washing machines. They have become available to almost every family, and the choice of models is simply colossal. In this regard, manufacturers are trying to attract buyers by introducing various innovations into their equipment. Among such technical innovations, the Eco Bubble function stands out, which has been announced by representatives of Samsung for a long time. What is it and “what is it eaten with”, let’s figure it out.
Advantages and disadvantages of technology
The manufacturer of washing machines with Eco Bubble technology is talking about the advantages of its technology. Like, she is one step ahead compared to all other washing machines. Proving its statement, the manufacturer gives a number of advantages of washing machines with Eco Bubble, let’s define them.
- The oxygenated mixture of water and powder penetrates many times better into the fabric of dirty laundry, which means that it washes it much better.
- In a mixture saturated with oxygen, the fabric is washed faster, which means that too long wash programs are not needed. Even on a short program, everything is washed wonderfully.
- Thanks to Eco Bubble, linen does not hang out in the drum for hours, which means the fabric wears out less, and as a result, things last longer.
- Eco Bubble technology saves water and energy. Firstly, to create an oxygen-rich mixture, you need 30% less water than a regular washer, with the same size tank and drum. And secondly, there is no need to heat up the water too much, with Eco Bubble clothes are washed at 30 0 just like in a regular machine at 60 0.
- The washing machine with Eco Bubble completely dissolves even not very high-quality powder, which means that it does not remain afterwards either in things or in the typewriter. This is very valuable if you need to wash the clothes of an allergic person or a small child.
Having talked about the advantages of a washing machine with a similar function, one cannot but say a few words about the disadvantages. So far, we have not found any serious drawbacks except for the price, the price for cars with Eco Bubble is higher, and technical complexity. According to the experts, the unit that creates an oxygen-rich mixture is far from the most reliable element and may well fail.
Reviews of people
We got acquainted with the models of washing machines equipped with the Eco Bubble function, now we find out the independent opinion of people about them. Some have already used cars with Eco Bubble for 3-4 years, so they have something to tell us.
I can’t say anything about the advantages of the Eco Bubble function, because I have only negative emotions from this washing machine. I will just list all the shortcomings I discovered, and you yourself think.
- Stinks monstrously of rubber, and washed clothes also stink afterwards. The smell does not disappear over time.
- Tries to wash in a very small amount of water, the clothes absorb everything and it turns out that the machine is just chatting wet things without water. From this, the quality of washing, to put it mildly, is not up to par.
- It makes a lot of noise, and the noise is strong when washing, and even when spinning, “hello neighbors”. Before Samsung, I had 3 different machines (Siemens, Bosch and Electrolux), no one made such a noise.
- It vibrates strongly, on old cars I had bottles and boxes with detergents, but nothing can be put on this one. it will shake everything off!
I bought this machine 2 years ago, and my disappointment knew no bounds. It seems that the machine does not wash at all. You put things in, after 40 minutes you get out the same dirty laundry, only wet. This is how water saving, of course, you can not waste water, if not wash. Outerwear, what kind of regime it is, if it is impossible to wash neither down jackets, nor things from synthetic winterizer, in short, nonsense, infuriated the regime most of all. Don’t buy this car, it’s complete nonsense.
Summing up, we note the function of the bubble wash Eco Bubble is a well-promoted, advertised technology, but in reality people testify that there is nothing good in it. Washing machines equipped with Eco Bubble often wash worse than usual ones, and are more expensive. In general, think for yourself whether or not to buy such a machine, we provided independent information, but we will not engage in anti-advertising.