Wet business: the washing machine does not drain water
The washing machine stopped, and you habitually planned to hang up slightly damp laundry. but instead found that things in the washing machine “float” in water, perhaps even soapy.
What could have happened to the washing machine that it started to “freebie” and stopped draining the water? We can talk about both a breakdown and a normal situation. To begin with, let’s make sure that you yourself are not “smart”.
Looking for a reason on our own
- Check if the mode is correct? Almost all machines have a washing mode with a stop with water, that is, without spinning. Usually, this mode is used for delicate fabrics or wool: gentle rinsing without spinning does not deform things. they do not stretch or wrinkle. If the mode with stop with water is selected, it is necessary to press the “Start / Pause / Cancel” button and start the water drain program.
- Check if the drain hose is OK? It may be “kinked” or pinched. so the water cannot physically pass through the bend.
- Check if there is a blockage in the drain or siphon (if the drain hose is connected to a siphon)? To do this, you must disconnect the hose and hang it in the bathroom or sink, then turn on any mode. If water flows freely from the hose, it means that there is a blockage in the sewer system. It must be cleaned. either on your own or. call a plumber.
If you were not mistaken with the choice of the program and all “external communications” are normal, then we are talking about a breakdown in the machine itself. In this case, we recommend that you turn off the washing machine from the mains, remove the laundry from the tank and drain the water using the drain filter (it is located in a small hatch at the bottom of the unit).
Do not forget to substitute a basin or bucket at the same time. so that water from the machine does not spill on the floor!
Why the washing machine does not drain: the most common breakdowns
Below we describe the main types of malfunctions that can lead to the fact that the washing machine does not drain water. At this stage, we recommend that you contact the service center and call a repairman for washing machines for an accurate diagnosis.
Clogged water drain filter or pipe
There is a blockage in the system. There is usually a filter in front of the drain pump. It traps threads, lint and small objects that, if they get into the drain pump, can disable it. The filter may be clogged enough to block water. It needs to be cleaned. To do this, unscrew the filter and rinse under running water. If a blockage has arisen in the pipe, then it is necessary to open the body of the machine. In this case, most likely, you cannot do without a master.
The pump (pump) has “burned out”. The pump in the washing machine looks like a small carousel. Rotating at high speed, it expels water into the sewer hole.
If the pump is burnt out, it needs to be replaced.
Defective control module (in electronic washing machines) or programmer (in models with electromechanical control)
If the control module fails, the signal from the board does not go to the pump motor and the water is not drained.
Repair of the control unit is required.
Water level sensor defective
If the pressure switch (water sensor) breaks down, it does not record that there is still water in the machine. The control unit receives a signal that all the water has been drained and the program can be terminated.
Sensor replacement required
Washing machine does not drain water
The removal of water from the washing machine is carried out automatically using a pump. This happens several times per wash. after the pre and main wash, after each rinse, then at the very end of the program cycle. If the washing machine does not drain the water after washing, we will try to establish the cause.
If your washing machine drains water poorly (slowly), or does not do it at all, then the operating instructions will come to the rescue. all the possible reasons why this could happen are described in detail there.
If the washing machine does not drain or wring out after all the inspections and cleanings
The washing machine will not drain if there is no signal to the drain pump from the electronic module (or controller). At the same time, you do not need to do anything else yourself, in this case you cannot do without calling the repairman.
on how to clean the washing machine if it stops draining. Why the washing machine does not drain completely (water remains in it)
- The machine was unable to wring out the laundry after rinsing,
- The dial valve continuously leaks water,
- Slow drainage of water. The water is not completely drained, but the next set is already starting.
In what cases and why the washing machine does not drain the water, and naturally does not wring out:
- The drain system is clogged. What to do: The drain pump itself must be checked first. Usually small items not removed from the s of clothing before washing will block the pump impeller. In this case, it hums, but the water does not drain. It is necessary to check the filter of the drain pump, before draining the water.
The pump filter cleaning process is described in detail in the operating instructions for any washing machine.
In this case, you need to check the pump impeller (rotation), sometimes the threads are wound on the motor axis and you cannot do without removing and disassembling the drain pump.
- Poor drainage of the washing machine can be due to the wrong connection of the drain hose. there may be a partial blockage at the point where it is connected to the sewer, while the device hums, but does not drain. The washing machine does not pump out water even if the hose is raised to a great height (more than 2 m).
- The washing machine does not drain the water due to a break in the pump motor winding or wear of the bushings (while the impeller does not rotate, but vibrates in place). In these cases, it is necessary to check the electric pump.
- Samsung washing machine does not drain water for some reason only after the last rinse, what should I do? Make sure that you have not set a program in which the command “stop the machine with water” is provided. This function is also available in many brands of automatic washing machines.
Do-it-yourself malfunctions and repair of washing machines. Faults and repair of washing machines with your own hands
Why does the washing machine constantly drain water?
The opposite situation. the device is constantly draining water. Causes:
- The drain hose is immediately lowered to the floor, without raising to a height of 60 cm.
- Faulty level sensor or electronic module.
serious problems with the drain filter
If the owners paid insufficient attention to the “health” of their washing machine, the drain filter can not only clog up, but fail. For example, gaskets can rot, and as a result, screws can rust and begin to crumble (not available on all Samsung washing machine models), which can be fatal. However, the defective drain filter must be replaced.
When replacing, you should pay attention to the gaskets: it will be better to replace them together with the filter: this is not very expensive and practical, and can help get rid of such malfunctions in the future.
The pump could also break
At the very beginning of the article, we talked about the fact that the pump could fail. Yes, to our great joy, such a breakdown is not very common, but it’s still worth mentioning about it. You can check if the pump is working through the hole in the drain filter. If possible, you should try to turn the pump impeller by hand.
If it scrolls easily, then the problem lies elsewhere. If it is not spinning, or spinning, but very tightly, then the malfunction is clear: either a thread or something like that has been wound on the impeller, or something has simply jammed it. Be that as it may, to correct the situation, you will have to disassemble the washing machine in order to gain access to the pump. Although you can always contact the service center and save yourself the hassle.
The problem may lie in the drain hose.
The hose in the washing machine performs not only the function of a hose itself (i.e., it is not only an artery for water), but also a valve that can deform due to any movement. All washing machines do not tolerate moving and rearrangement well, and in the case of a hose, such actions can result in a malfunction.
In order to check if the hose is to blame, you should disconnect it from the sewer and send it to some container (basin or bucket), and then try to start the drain again. In the event that the water does not drain even in this position, the problem really lies in the hose. He could well have been hammered in by any little things, which ultimately led to a similar tragic ending.
What is responsible for draining water in the washing machine?
Before you understand the possible reasons, it is worth clarifying which mechanisms in the washing machine are responsible for draining water. So, the water pump rules the show, which is essentially a kind of impeller engine. This “monster” (more precisely, its motor) rotates, which makes water move down and leave the washing machine through hoses and pipes into the sewer.
It would seem, what else besides the pump (or, in other words, the pump) can be the cause of the malfunction? The pump itself has stopped working, and as a result, the water does not leave. No, such a superficial analysis is not for us. There can be many more reasons for a breakdown. And the most common of them we will analyze in this material.
Or the problem is in the drain filter?
It is very, very easy to fix this problem. It is enough just to unscrew the drain filter (usually it is located at the bottom of the washing machine, on the right or left under the panel), clean it and put it back. Before the operation, it will not be superfluous to substitute a container under the filter opening, as water may pour out. ATTENTION! This operation must not be performed if there is liquid in the tank of the machine! It is highly likely that the entire stream of water will rush through the hole that appears.
Samsung won’t drain water. causes and solutions
A washing machine is an amazing piece of household appliances in which almost everything can break, from the detergent drawer to the electric heater. Often in washing machines (including Samsung machines) there is such a malfunction in which the equipment does not drain the water at all. This breakdown raises many questions from the owners, since it is necessary to fix it, but not everyone knows how to do it. So what could be the reasons for such a breakdown?
- What is responsible for draining water in the washing machine?
- Possibly the problem is in the program module?
- Or the problem is in the drain filter?
- serious problems with the drain filter
- The pump could also break
- The problem may lie in the drain hose.
- Pay attention to the code shown on the display
Possibly the problem is in the program module?
In our age of computer technology, one cannot but blame the technology for an ordinary software error, even if there was none. Yes, indeed, sometimes it happens that the drainage of water in a Samsung washing machine (and other companies, by the way, too) does not happen precisely because of an ordinary software error.
But even in this case, you should not delude yourself that the problem is trivial and can be easily solved. If a program module starts to make mistakes, it may happen that it is ready to fail, or some contacts do not work well, which causes errors. Be that as it may, you need to check the program module for errors and, of course, operability.
Correcting the situation, however, is still worth trying. You just need to try to restart the spin cycle, and if everything works out, then the owners have nothing to worry about: there was a one-time mistake, which should not be paid attention to.
If the machine still refuses to drain the water, the problem is obvious, and it already needs to be corrected. either call the master, or take the Samsung machine to the master on your own. Fortunately, cars of famous brands are repaired everywhere, and components for them are supplied to most service centers.
Pay attention to the code shown on the display
A huge plus of all Samsung washing machines is that even those models that were released a long time ago (at the beginning of the first decade of this century) have a display designed specifically to identify errors and the state of the machine at the moment.
Thanks to this detail, you can identify what the problem is and quickly take action to fix it. The list of codes and their designations should be attached to the washing machine, and in the absence of it, you can simply search for the combination of letters and numbers issued by the machine on the Internet.
So, today we sorted out the most common causes of such a malfunction, such as the Samsung washing machine’s refusal to drain water, and also found out in what ways this unpleasant situation can be corrected. We really hope that our material was useful for you, and you learned something new and useful for yourself.
Samsung washing machine won’t spin or drain water. reasons
The Samsung washing machine is a household appliance that simplifies family tasks, so you can count on convenience when tidying up. When developing its technology, Samsung uses only high-quality materials, so high reliability, practicality, convenience and functionality are guaranteed when working. But what if your Samsung washing machine won’t spin or drain? This is a common breakdown that requires prompt intervention to be able to correct the malfunction and restore normal operation.
To check if this is the problem, you need to unscrew and remove the drain hose and direct it to the bath, then start the spin or drain mode. If the water is freely removed, then the cause of the breakdown is not at all in the Samsung washing machine, but in the sewer. The problem is fixed by cleaning the sewer system at the exit.
If the Samsung washing machine does not drain, what are the reasons here? The question is relevant among those people who actively use this type of household appliances, therefore they are trying to extend its service life without sacrificing functional qualities.
Experts point out the following main reasons when a Samsung washing machine does not wring out or drain water:
- Blockage. If the drain hose from the pump becomes clogged with debris, the water drain system is blocked, which is why the machine cannot wring out things and remove excess moisture. As a rule, such a malfunction appears in the event that there is no timely cleaning of the hoses and pumps, since it is these parts in the design of the washing machine that are considered the most vulnerable and require careful attention.
- Mechanical or electronic pump system. If the pump fails, the washing machine “freezes”, which is why the water does not drain.
- Pressostat. This is a level sensor that monitors the amount of waste water in the system, so if it fails, the normal operation of the Samsung washing machine is disrupted. In this regard, in addition to the pump, you need to check it.
- Control module. This is the most serious and costly breakdown, since it is required to restore all the electrics in the Samsung washing machine, and these are large expenses that are not available to everyone. In most cases, it will be cheaper to replace the washing machine with a new one than to eliminate all the breakdowns that have appeared on the basis of non-working electronics. Therefore, the drain mechanism is only an additional malfunction against the background of a general breakdown.
To eliminate such a problem, you need to unscrew the lid and take out the hub, thoroughly cleaning it. And also the blockage on the impeller, which is responsible for the normal functioning of the pump, is eliminated.
To avoid such a problem, it is recommended to collect small parts during washing in special bags so that they do not fall into important structural units of the Samsung washing machine.
A brief description of each error
To understand what to do if a Samsung washing machine has begun to malfunction, that is, there is no function to spin and remove water from the structure, it is important to consider each error in detail. There are many reasons, but there are a few key ones that experts in the field of washing equipment repair stand out.
The subtleties of finding a breakdown
You can find faults in different ways, but the most important thing that experts recommend is the elimination of consumer errors, since in most cases they are considered the main reason for the violation of the functionality of the Samsung washing machine, namely the lack of a drain function.
Among the main mistakes of this nature are:
- The machine freezes during operation due to the overload of the drum, so it cannot cope with the mechanical stress.
- There is no spin due to its disconnection on the instrument panel, since often inexperience in using the machine can result in such inconveniences.
- A brief electronic failure can also cause the water drain function to fail. As a rule, the error is eliminated by a simple restart and turning on in the stopped operating mode.
Only after eliminating consumer errors can we begin to identify other, more technical and serious ones:
- First, attention is paid to the Samsung washing machine system for blockages. The drain hose, the pump is checked, since debris often accumulates in it, and then it is important to inspect all the connecting elements leading to the drain tank, since there is a high probability of clogging the holes due to debris.
- If no blockages are found in the drain system, then the pump is checked, and here it is important to examine the mechanical and electrical parts.
- If a breakdown of the pump is excluded, it is the turn of the pressure switch diagnostics. To do this, it must be dismantled and checked using a multimeter, which allows you to determine if it is functioning correctly.
- If no errors were found in the pressure switch, then it remains to inspect the wiring of the washing machine, since it can short-circuit or break off on the way to the control module, which is why it works in emergency mode and cannot cope with the indicated commands. But before starting work, you need to familiarize yourself with the rules for “ringing” the wiring, so as not to face dangers.
Airlock in the pump
This problem is extremely rare, but you need to know that it has a right to exist. When air enters the pump, the Samsung machine begins to hum strongly, while not letting out the water after spinning.
The problem can be eliminated by pulling the drain hose into the bathroom, after which the drain mode starts to eliminate all liquid and air that has collected inside the system.
Burnout control board
The module is the heart and brain of the Samsung washing machine, so if the contacts burn out, the only solution is to replace the part with a new one.
A clogged drain hose is the most common problem, as a coin, a clump of hair, or a small button-shaped object can accidentally get into the system. It is very difficult to determine this, so it is important to test the entire system using steps such as:
- The Samsung washing machine must be placed on its side.
- The motor is covered with a plastic bag to avoid moisture ingress.
- The drain hose is disconnected from the pump and carefully pulled out of the machine so as not to touch other parts.
- Hose is flushed and cleaned to remove blockage.
- Fits in place.
- All work is performed in reverse order to restore the device’s performance.
Causes of the problem
Samsung washing machine is the choice of many buyers. This high quality machine boasts excellent performance and the highest build quality.
But there are times when certain parts of these reliable units fail, due to which all sorts of problems appear. These include the case when the machine stops draining water.
Before you panic and rush to disassemble the machine in search of a solution to the problem, you need to figure out what could cause it.
- Clogged filter system. Various small objects can get into the filter components of the machine structure during washing. These may be little things that the household forgot to take out of their s. Due to the indicated blockages, the technician cannot drain the water. In this case, nothing remains but to clean the filter.
- The drain hose is blocked. A common phenomenon that leads to the inability to drain water from the tank of a Samsung washing machine. Here, as in the previous situation, the only way out will be to clean the clogged parts.
- Incorrect pump operation. This important element of the washing machine consists of parts such as a pipe, a plastic impeller, and an electric motor. The pump may stop working due to the fact that threads or long hair are twisted around the shaft. For these reasons, the discharge of water into the sewer can be partially blocked.
- Defective control module. Burned-out components of microcircuits or a failure in the firmware of the module can lead to its inoperability. This may cause household appliances to stop pumping water from the tank. In such a situation, only the repair or replacement of the programmer will be salvation.
- Incorrect hose installation. With prolonged operation, the pump power will inevitably decrease. As a rule, even the reduced indicators are sufficient for high-quality pumping of liquid from the tank of the device using a hose. The length of the latter should be at least 1.5 m.If you use too long a hose, the drain pump simply will not be able to pump out the liquid to the end.
This happens when outdated equipment is installed in a new place and the length of the hose is increased.
- Faulty electrical wiring. A Samsung washing machine may stop draining for this very good reason. If you initially install household appliances without observing all the rules, too strong vibration may be generated during its operation. This may result in wiring faults. As a result, it will end with the failure of the liquid pumping function.
It is possible to find a malfunction using various methods. Experts recommend not to waste time and resort to the most optimal. the elimination of consumer mistakes, since in most cases they are the main reason for the malfunctioning of the Samsung washing machine.
Among the most common mistakes are the following.
- The technique “freezes” during operation, because the drum is overloaded. The machine just can’t handle the load.
- Spin does not occur because it is disabled on the dashboard.
- Short-term failure of the electronics can affect the drain function.
If it’s not about the listed errors, you should look for the reason in the internal elements.
- Check the drain hose and pump for blockages. Investigate the condition of all the connectors that lead to the cistern.
- If you find no blockage in the drain system, check the pump. Be sure to investigate both the mechanical and electrical parts.
When it’s a pump, a faulty machine buzzes at certain times.
- Examine the pressure switch if the pump isn’t the problem. To do this, remove it and check it with a multimeter. This is the only way to determine if the specified element is working correctly.
- If there are no errors in the pressure switch, study the wiring of household appliances. The drain often does not work if the electrical wiring is short-circuited or cut off at the control module.
Before proceeding directly to work, you need to study the rules for “ringing” the wiring. this is necessary for safety.
How to use the emergency drain?
If the washing machine itself does not cope with the function of draining the liquid, you have to resort to forced pumping. It can be done in different ways. Let’s take a closer look at how this can be done using one of the simplest examples.
- Gently unscrew the filter on your Samsung washing machine. It is located at the bottom of the unit. Prepare capacious containers in advance into which water from the device will be poured.
- Tilt the washing machine carefully and slowly towards the filter cartridge. Wait until all liquid is drained.
- If you drain the water from the machine using a filtering device, there is no way, you will need to thoroughly clean another important part. the pipe. It will need to be slightly stirred to start the direct drainage of the liquid.
- If water is not pumped out of the Samsung washing machine for any other reason, you can resort to emergency drainage using a hose. This is a popular way. The hose will need to be lowered to the very bottom of the device tank, create an outflow of water and remove it from there.
Samsung washing machine does not drain water: causes and solutions
- Causes of the problem
- How to repair?
- How to use the emergency drain?
- Helpful hints and tips
Samsung washing machines are renowned for their impeccable quality and durability. This technique is very popular. Many consumers choose it for purchase. However, high quality workmanship does not protect Samsung units from possible malfunctions. In this article, we will learn what to do if the washing machine of this famous brand does not drain the water.
How to repair?
Repairing a faulty machine depends on the reason why the water drain from the tank stopped. Consider how to act correctly using the example of replacing a faulty pump and cleaning the pipe. A pump break is considered one of the most serious reasons why the pumping of water from the tank of the machine has stopped. Usually in such situations, there is nothing left but to replace the defective part.
Let’s consider in stages how you can do it yourself.
- First, carefully remove the drain assembly of the machine.
- Detach the drain pump from the drain assembly.
- Carefully separate the wires from the pump that fit to it. In the place where the previous faulty pump was, install a new part that is suitable for your model of Samsung machine.
- Connect all necessary wires to the newly installed pump.
- Connect the clipper to the mains and carry out a test test. If the technician still does not drain the water, it is better to contact the service department.
If you have checked the filter and it is not about it, it is worth examining the pipe. Very often, the reason for the lack of water drainage lies precisely in this detail. It is worth checking if the connection of the washing machine is working.
- To get to the pipe, you will need to unscrew the bolts that hold and secure the drain assemblies.
- Next, you need to get the machine pipe itself. You will need to carefully remove the retaining clip.
- In the pipe you can see the water that needs to be drained.
- With light compression, it will be clear whether this part is clogged or not. If you feel that there is still a blockage in the pipe, which prevents the outflow of fluid from the tank, you will need to get rid of it without fail.
- After completing these simple steps, install the pipe back into place.
Now let’s look at how to repair the equipment, if the point is in such a detail as a pressure switch.
- It is necessary to remove the top cover of the unit.
- Above, under the cover of the machine, you can see a round plastic part. An electrical sensor is attached to it. a pressure switch.
- The found part must be checked for proper operation.
- If it turns out that the pressure switch is not working properly, it must be carefully replaced by putting a new part in its place. It is very easy to do this, and a fresh element will cost no more than 20.
If a malfunction occurs due to a clogged filter, then proceed in this order.
- Prepare a large container and a few unnecessary rags before removing the filter from the machine.
- When you unscrew the filter piece, water will pour out of the hole. To fill the floors in the room, place free tanks in advance and spread rags everywhere.
- Unscrew the part, carefully clean it of all debris.
- Remove all dirt and foreign objects from the hole to which the filter element is attached.
- Disconnect the clipper from the sewer and plumbing system. Move the tech to the center of the room.
- Take out the powder compartment.
- Lay the equipment to one side to reach the desired connections through the bottom.
- Then you can get to the drain pipe and clean it, along with the wiring, if you notice any dirt there.
At the same time, along with the rest of the details, you can check the condition of the pump.
Helpful hints and tips
Before you find out what is the reason for the lack of drainage or repair the equipment yourself, you should listen to some tips and tricks.
- If your machine is more than 6-7 years old and it makes noise during spinning, this signals a pump breakdown.
- Try restarting your clipper before looking for the cause of the breakdown. Often the problem goes away after this.
- In search of the cause of the breakdown, it is recommended to start with a simple one, and then gradually you can move on to a complex one.
- When checking the operation of the pump, evaluate the appearance of the wiring and terminals that go to the drain pump. The wire could burn out or jump out, provoking a lot of problems.
- If you are afraid to make a serious mistake while repairing a branded machine, or if it is still under warranty, then it is better not to take independent actions. Contact the service center (if the warranty is still valid) or call professional repairmen.
The following provides a step-by-step overview of the pump replacement process on the Samsung WF6528N7W washing machine.
The pump (pump) in the washing machine is responsible for the movement of liquid. To find out why the machine does not drain the water, it is necessary to remove the transfer pump, partially disassemble and ring the contacts and wiring with a multimeter.
If the resistance value on the display is not three-digit, but within 0-1, the pump has burnt out and needs to be replaced. If everything is normal with the wiring, some part of the unit is damaged or worn out. To find out the reason, the pump must be completely disassembled.
It is necessary to check how tightly the impeller sits on the axis. Maybe threads and hair were wound around its base. If this part fails, the pump of the Samsung machine will not be able to pump liquid to drain it from the tank.
In the washing machine, not only the pump can break down, but also other structural elements, incl. Control block.
Airlock in the pump
Poor fluid drainage can be caused by an air lock in the pump. In this case, the unit may hum, but the water will not drain.
Washing machine pump design is designed to work with liquid.
Therefore, it is difficult for her to pump air on her own.
To help the machine cope with the airlock, it is necessary to place the drain hose on the floor base, set the control module to the “drain” mode. When fluid comes out of the hose, move it to the bathroom.
Samsung washing machine does not drain water
Any household appliances fail during operation? For example, a Samsung washing machine does not drain water. This problem often occurs with older Samsung models that were released 10 years ago. Therefore, many are interested in whether such a machine can be repaired or whether it is necessary to buy a new one.
Drain hose blockage
One of the reasons the Samsung washing machine does not drain water from the tank is a dirty drain hose. It is difficult to establish whether it is clogged or not. Therefore, for prevention, it is recommended to clean it.
- Move the appliance to a horizontal position.
- Cover the motor with a large plastic bag to protect it from moisture.
- Loosen the clamp that holds the drain hose.
- Remove the hose from the unit and rinse with cold water.
- Put it in place.
If the water pressure does not pierce the drain pipe well, it means that it is tightly clogged with debris. In such a situation, thick wire is recommended. But stripping must be done carefully so as not to damage the inner surface of the hose.
Blockage in the pipe
During operation of the washing machine, the drain pipe may become clogged. To drain the water, it must be removed by first unscrewing the retaining screws and loosening the clamp, rinse under a water jet and put in place.
Foreign objects in the pump
Often people forget to check the s of their belongings before washing, which may contain various small items. And they can cause the pump of the Samsung washing machine to fail (the pump makes noise and hums, but does not pump water).
To eliminate this problem, it is necessary to disassemble the pump, remove the concentrator, remove foreign objects and rinse it thoroughly. Check the free play of the impeller, install the part in place.
Broken water level sensor
If the Samsung machine does not squeeze and drain the water, but at the same time it washes, the reason may be in the pressure switch (water level sensor). This structural element is tested immediately after the pump. To get to it, you need to remove the top cover of the device.
How to remove the cover:
- There are 2 screws at the back of the unit in the upper corners that must be unscrewed.
- To remove the cover, you need to put your hands on it and pull it towards you.
There is a round plastic part right under the cover of the machine. This is the pressure switch that needs to be checked. If it is defective, replace it with a new one. The average cost of such sensors for Samsung models is 20.
Failure of the hub
The Samsung machine does not drain water even if the hub breaks down. You can only replace it with a similar one. But finding this part that matches the model of the washing machine used is difficult. Therefore, it is more often necessary to replace the hub together with the pump.
We check and repair the pump
At this stage of troubleshooting, we managed to eliminate blockages as a possible cause of dysfunction of the washing machine, which means that we will have to move on to the next stage of diagnostics. checking the pump. We have already removed the drain pump and even partially disassembled, so we take a multimeter, set it up to check the resistance and lean the probes against the contacts of the electrical part of the pump.
If we see on the multimeter display instead of a three-digit number 0 or 1, the pump has burned out, we will have to change it. If everything is in order with the pump electrician, we will disassemble its mechanism completely. Let’s check how tightly the impeller sits on the axis, and also see if hair or threads are wound around the base of the impeller. The drain pump electrics are in order, the impeller rotates freely enough, then this is not the point.
When checking the pump, immediately look at the condition of the wires and terminals that fit the drain pump. The wiring can burn off or pop out and create a lot of problems.
Possible causes of failure
We assume that the user will decide this problem with the Samsung washing machine. So, first of all, we need to outline a list of possible malfunctions that can lead to the fact that the washing machine stops merging and wringing out the laundry. There are many such reasons, so in the search process you will have to try pretty hard.
Before looking for the reasons for the breakdown of the washing machine, try simply restarting it, perhaps the problem will disappear by itself.
- Blockages. A blockage in the drain hose, nozzles and pump blocks the drainage of water, which means the machine will freeze even before it starts spinning.
- Pump mechanic or electrician. The pump could have burned out, or its impeller, for some reason, does not rotate. Under such conditions, the drainage of water from the washing machine stops working, the washing machine freezes and does not start spinning.
- Pressostat. The level sensor, failing, also provokes the machine to freeze at the stage of draining the waste water, so you will have to check it too.
- Control module. In the worst case, a similar problem occurs due to a faulty control module. Electronics in general can cause almost any breakdown, and repairing the electronic part of the washing machine is quite expensive.
Find and remove the blockage
Let’s check the trash filter first, but before unscrewing it, find a small flat container, trough, or pan and grab some large rags. When you unscrew the filter, water will pour out of the hole, so in order not to flood the floor, you need to substitute the container in advance and lay rags under it.
We unscrew this part and clean it of debris. Remove dirt and foreign objects from the filter hole. Next, we disconnect the washer from the water supply, sewerage and electricity, and then push it forward to the middle of the room, having previously covered the floor with rags. We take out the powder receptacle. We put the washing machine on its side in order to get to the pipes of interest to us through the bottom. After that, we perform the following actions:
- remove the clamps from the large drain pipe that comes from the washing machine tank;
- pull off the pipe and rinse it from dirt;
- we remove the wires from the pump, and then unscrew it and disassemble it into two halves in order to see if it is clogged with dirt;
- remove the pump to the side, remove the drain hose, it is unlikely that it is clogged, but it is still worth checking.
If you find mud plugs or large accumulations of debris, they need to be removed, and then, after collecting the car and putting it in place, check the performance of the “home assistant”. If the dirt has not been found, the pump can not be put in place, but immediately start checking it.
Breakdown search aLGorithm
To find the problem that stopped the washing machine and damaged your nervous system, you must first eliminate basic user errors. What is it about? Firstly, the washing machine freezes at different stages of the washing program when the drum is overloaded with laundry. Secondly, the machine may stop spinning if the user accidentally turns off spinning himself. Thirdly, the machine may freeze without having time to drain the water due to a short-term electronics failure, such a failure is usually eliminated by turning off and then turning on the “home assistant”.
Eliminating the absurd causes of breakdown, you can start looking for real faults and you need to start with a simple one, and then, gradually, move on to a complex one.
- First, we look at the car for blockages: we first check the trash filter, then the trash filter branch pipe, the drain branch pipe from the tank to the trash filter, then the pump and the hose.
- If there are no blockages, we check in detail the pump for operability, and we check both the mechanical and electrical parts of the drain pump.
- If the pump is in order, the next in line is the pressure switch. You need to remove it and check for operability using a multimeter.
- Well, if the pressure switch is already in order, it remains to carefully examine the wiring of the washing machine for breaks, melting and other problems and proceed to checking the control module. But before doing this, read the publication Is it worth doing the repair of electronic modules with your own hands, it will help to avoid many mistakes.
That’s the whole breakdown search aLGorithm. It seems that everything is simple, but do not be fooled in vain, when you start to scramble and disassemble the Samsung washing machine, you will understand that everything is not at all easy. In order to save time and nerves, it is better to call the professionals, but if your nerves are strong, but God has not deprived of patience, start troubleshooting.
Samsung washing machine. spinning and draining water does not work
What if my Samsung washing machine won’t spin or drain? This question is often asked by clients when they turn to our specialists for help. This problem is especially common with old Samsung washing machines, released 7-10 years ago. What kind of breakdown can manifest such a symptom as to detect this breakdown, and then fix it yourself. Let’s talk about this within the framework of this publication.
We test and change the pressure switch
The Samsung washing machine does not refuse to wash, but at the same time it does not drain water and does not wring out things, perhaps the whole thing is in the pressure switch. The water level sensor (pressure switch) should be checked immediately after the pump, so we do not postpone the matter and remove the top cover of the washing machine. If you have difficulty removing the top cover, do not despair.
- walk around the back of the washing machine;
- find two screws in the upper corners of the back wall;
- unscrew these screws;
- put your hands on the lid and pull it towards you, the lid will slide back and come off.
Above, right under the cover of the washing machine, you will see a round plastic part with an electrical sensor attached to it. this is the pressure switch, we have to check it.
We will not describe the verification process, since we have already done this in the publication Checking the pressure switch of a washing machine. Read this article and you will find all the information you need in it. If a malfunction of the pressure switch is found, it must be replaced immediately, the part costs about 20.
Checking the control module
If the water level switch is also working properly, then you will have to more carefully check the electrics of the Samsung washing machine. Feel and inspect all the wires going to the control module, mark all suspicious ones with a marker, then check them with a multimeter. If the survey data did not reveal anything special, most likely the matter is in the control module.
We do not recommend removing, and even more so checking and changing the electronic module: firstly, this requires special knowledge, and secondly, the risk of breaking an expensive part is too great. It is better to turn to a good specialist.
, Note, if the Samsung washing machine does not want to work normally and freezes at the stage when it has to drain the water and wring out the laundry, you need to immediately start looking for the reason for this “behavior.” It is good if the cause of the problem is a banal user error, but if not? In general, there is a problem and it needs to be solved, especially since we have outlined the solution aLGorithm in the article. Good luck!