The machine overflows or underflows water
You can read a separate instruction on what to do in a situation when the machine draws up a lot or little water, here we will briefly tell you about the possible reasons.
- The pressure switch is faulty. this is a water level sensor in washing machines, which is responsible for determining the fullness of the tank and sends a signal to the control module. If it fails, then the washing machine “does not know” how much water is in the tank, so it can be either overflow or underfill.
- The water supply valve is faulty. if the valve fails, then the water can flow without stopping, and the water can flow too slowly. Check the filling valve for proper operation to rule out this possibility.
- The filter mesh of the filling valve is clogged. this filter is installed under the hose in the water supply valve. If it gets clogged, the water will flow slowly. In order to clean it, unscrew the inlet hose, remove it and rinse it under a strong pressure of water.
- Poor pressure, or the water tap is not fully open. open the mixer in the sink and check the water pressure, also check if the water tap to the washing machine is fully open.
- The electronic module is faulty. another reason why the machine may not refill or pour water into the tank. It is required to call a repairman for washing machines.
The engine rotates and the drum stands still
- Drive Belt Problems. If your washing machine is not directly driven, chances are high that your belt is loose, loose or broken. In order to find out exactly, it is necessary to remove the back wall and check the integrity of the belt. If he flew, then you need to put him in place.
- Foreign object between the tank and the drum. if a foreign object got into the space between the tank and the drum, it could jam the latter. This causes the engine to rotate, but the belt slips. Most often you will hear the characteristic whistle of the belt.
- The pulley is unscrewed. the pulley is attached to the drum and is connected by a belt to the engine. A situation is possible when the pulley mount is completely unscrewed, and it rotates, but does not rotate the drum itself.
Diagnostics of washing machines for faults
Today, a washing machine in the house is as much a necessity as a bed or a chair. Few people refuse such a technique. But if a breakdown occurs, then you have to call a master who must be well versed in technology and make high-quality repairs. But situations are different, even if you call the master, he may incorrectly determine the breakdown for you or deceive you, enticing you into expensive repairs.
Therefore, it is best to first diagnose the washing machine with your own hands. Fortunately, today washing machines are equipped with self-diagnosis systems, such as LG washing machines have Smart Diagnosis, which allows you to determine a breakdown without any additional knowledge. But even if your washing machine does not have such a system, you can still diagnose yourself.
If your washing machine gives any error, or you notice a malfunction in its operation, then you can read about the malfunctions of washing machines in the corresponding section of our website. Here we will analyze all of them and tell you how to diagnose frequently occurring breakdowns and fix them.
The motor rotates the drum in one direction only
There may be a reason only in the washing machine control module, which is responsible for the direction of rotation of the motor. Some models of washing machines also have motor control boards that can cause this problem. In any of these cases, you need to see a specialist.
Washing machine does not spin laundry
We have already written detailed instructions on what to do if the washing machine stops spinning the laundry. Here we will describe the principle of diagnosis and the possible causes of this problem.
- Spin disabled. you may have activated a washing program that does not include spinning. It is also possible that a separate spin off function is activated. A rare reason when the spin off button is broken.
- Washer is overloaded or imbalanced. if the washing machine does not have imbalance and overload control, and you have put too much laundry on or it has gotten piled up. Then the machine simply will not be able to spin the drum to the required speed. Distribute the laundry evenly or wring it out in sections.
- The belt is worn out. if the drum drive belt is worn out, then under loads it starts to slip and the drum cannot spin. You will need to replace the belt.
- Motor problems. The motor brushes may be worn out or the motor windings are defective. Because of this, the motor power is lost, and it cannot spin the drum during spinning.
- Water does not drain. perhaps for some reason, which we will consider a little below, the water does not leave the washing machine, therefore, no spinning occurs.
- The control module has broken. this part, if broken, can cause this problem. It can be replaced or reflashed.
The engine does not rotate, but hums
There may also be several reasons here:
- Foreign object between the tub and drum. often, before washing, we forget to pull out change and other items from the s of clothes, which then end up in the washing machine. These objects can get caught in the washing machine between the drum and the tub, thereby jamming the drum. To eliminate the malfunction, you need to remove the Tubular Heater and pull out foreign objects through the hole in it.
- The electric motor itself has broken down. perhaps the problem is in the motor itself, or rather in its windings. Some of the windings may not be working, and the motor does not have enough power to start rotating.
- Motor brushes are worn out. this is a fairly common and typical situation. Brushes wear out over time and need to be replaced.
- Drum bearings jammed. this situation is possible if your bearings are worn out and you did not replace them in time. If so, then you will have a serious repair with a complete disassembly of the washing machine.
- Malfunction of the control module. if the electronic module is out of order, then it can either be reflashed or replaced. But this business should be entrusted to professionals.
The machine is leaking
If water flows from the washing machine, then there are two options: either the tightness in one of the units is broken, or the machine is reclaiming water, and water begins to flow through the top. Read a little higher about the busting of water.
The tightness can be broken in the following places:
- Tank breakdown. the tank may crack during operation, in which case it needs to be replaced.
- Connections of pipes are broken. check all connections of pipes and hoses. Clamps should be everywhere and there should be no leaks anywhere.
- The snail of the drain pump is broken. if the snail itself is broken, then it must be replaced with a new one.
Washing machine drum does not rotate
Here we will analyze all situations when problems arise with the rotation of the drum of the washing machine. It can be, as a breakdown of the engine itself, and other parts of the washing machine.
Washing machine does not turn on
This is one of the most common problems that you can encounter during the operation of a washing machine, fortunately, it is not just a breakdown that can be the cause. Below we list all the possible reasons when the washing machine does not work after switching on.
- There is no electricity. check if there is an electric current in the outlet, it is possible that an automatic machine or an RCD is knocked out, or the outlet itself or the wire of the washing machine has broken.
- The power or start button is broken. this may also be the case, perhaps the power button has oxidized or completely broken.
- The hatch is not closed or not blocked. check if the hatch for loading laundry is closed, if it is closed, then the problem may be with the blocking of the hatch. The hatch lock may also be broken.
- Defective noise filter. on washing machines, a noise filter is installed immediately after the power cord, which, when it fails, prevents the electricity from passing further. Check it out.
- The electronic control module has broken. this is the “brain” of the washing machine, which can also fail, if it is he who is broken, then you cannot do without calling the master.
Malfunction of springs
If the washing machine makes a creak and knock, and vibrates during spinning, the drum is probably lowered or skewed, so it rubs and chews on the rubber of the hatch seal. Spring flies, bends, or bursts. The tank is held in place by two or four springs, depending on the Washing machine model. If any of the springs jumped off, the balance is disturbed, an intense backlash occurs during the spin.
If the spring has flown off, it is enough to fix it in its original position. But the very fact of its disconnection suggests that replacement will soon be required.
Defective bearings and oil seal
First, a quiet extraneous sound will appear during washing, spinning, even when manually scrolling the drum. Over time, the sound will increase, a strong hum is heard during spinning. Rust streaks are visible on the tub under the Washing machine. Linen does not spin well, it is stained with oil, rust.
Ignoring the problem will cause the drum to shake violently if you press it slightly. Also, the belt will often fall off due to the backlash of the pulley, and the drum will rub the hatch cuff. In extreme cases, the drum will jam, sometimes it falls down, so the machine cannot be operated.
Why is this happening? Over time, the seal becomes less sealed, water will appear in the bearings, the lubricant is washed off and the balls in the bearings will rust and break down. As the deformation proceeds, the grinding of the rotating drum will intensify. Also, water will drip through the bearings at the back of the drum. Water ingress on a running motor causes a short circuit and knocks out the machine, the motor will smoke.
If you do not change the bearing and oil seal with the indicated signs, the cross, the caliper and the tank will be damaged over time and it will be much more expensive to repair the washing machine. On LG models with direct drive, drum play will damage the Hall sensor, so call a specialist urgently.
Stages of the wizard when replacing a bearing:
- Unscrewing and removing all bolts on the rear panel.
- Removing the dispenser.
- Dismantling the control unit.
- Removing blocking.
- Removing the remaining fixing parts, removing the front panel.
- Loosening the clamp.
- Removing the counterweight, tubular electric heater.
- Disconnection from the tank of all cables, branch pipe, belt.
- Dismantling the motor, after which the tank and drum are removed.
Stages of disassembly by the master of the tank with replacement of bearings:
- Removable cuff (rubber seal).
- The tank is installed so that the pulley is accessible, the bolts that fix the pulley are unscrewed, which is also dismantled.
- The shaft is knocked out, after which the bolts connecting the two parts of the tank are unscrewed, which also separate.
- Old grease and dirt adhering to the bearing are removed.
- The bearing is knocked out, the oil seals are removed.
- The space is wiped off, lubricated with grease.
- New seals with bearings are installed.
When the work is done, the specialist will reassemble the structure in the reverse order. It is very problematic to do this procedure on your own without special tools and proper skills.
Damage to shock absorbers
Shock absorbers fix the tank in the washing machine from below, damping vibrations during washing and spinning. The more often you use the equipment, the more, overloading it, the faster the shock absorbers will fail. Even under ideal operating conditions, the shock absorbers wear out: the grease dries out, the piston looses and moves freely. Therefore, when spinning, the tank will begin to dangle, the machine jumps around the bathroom, the intensity of the vibrations increases, the drum knocks.
It is necessary to change both shock absorbers, then the load is distributed evenly. If you change only one, then the new part will quickly break down and the problem will resume.
In some washing machines dampers (shock absorbers) are accessible from the bottom, while on others from the top. The specialist unscrews the bolts fixing the shock absorbers to the body, disconnects them and replaces them with new ones.
On some machines, dampers are available by removing the front panel. The specialist will perform the following actions:
- Remove the top cover of the machine by unscrewing the retaining fasteners at the back of the case and sliding the top panel.
- Remove the powder container, the lower plastic panel that covers the drain filter.
- Dismounts the control panel by unscrewing the retaining fasteners, disconnecting the cables.
- Remove the rubber cuff.
- Unscrew the bolts securing the front wall and remove it.
With access to the shock absorbers, the old parts are dismantled, new ones are installed, the unit is assembled in the reverse order.
If you are not afraid to disassemble and repair the equipment with your own hands, you can do it all yourself.
Damaged spider shaft
Problems are characterized by drum play, which is swayed without tension by the hand. During spinning, there is an intense tapping, water flows through the bearings and the oil seal, which also flows from the tank to the bottom of the machine. Oily stains, rust and chewing marks are visible on the laundry.
Probably, the bearings have not changed for a long time (more than 7 years), so they are worn out. The grease is washed out, dry friction of the shaft occurs, impact on the bearings and the oil seal. The bushing of the cross is worn out, there is a deformation of the landing zones where the bearings are located.
With a pronounced deformation of the cross shaft shaft, the drum due to the fall will damage the lower region of the tank, and the bearings will collapse. Damaged parts must be replaced.
Why does the washing machine drum hang?
Is it worth worrying if the drum in the washing machine began to wobble a lot during washing, spinning, or simply twitching it with your hand? What kind of malfunction this phenomenon may indicate?
First you need to understand how the drum mount works. The tank with the drum in the washing machine is fixed with springs from above, shock absorbers serve as support from below, so the unit can be moved in all directions. The knock of the drum on the body most often indicates wear of the fasteners, or the overload of the machine during washing.
Signs of serious problems with which it is better to contact the wizard:
- in spinning mode, the machine hums loudly, jumps, vibrates, the drum hits the body and glass of the hatch;
- the drum squeaks, rotates heavily or is jammed, skewed or fell off the mounts and fell to the bottom of the tank;
- the drum rubs against the cuff of the hatch;
- the laundry is washed and wrung out, but an unpleasant noise is heard from the rotating drum;
- the belt flies off the pulley;
- traces of oil remain under the washing machine, it flows from the bottom, when the rear wall is removed, smudges, rust on the tank are visible;
- linen gets dirty with rust, oil;
- the machine “chews” things, smokes, a short circuit occurs, which causes the automatic fuses to turn off and it does not turn on.
If the drum is dangling in the clipper and one of the problems listed above is observed, you have cause for concern. Even if the programs are carried out normally during the washing process, it is dangerous to operate the machine, the help of the master is needed, otherwise the equipment will become unusable.
The most common problem we encounter with a dangling drum is Samsung, Hotpoint Ariston, Bosch and Indesit washing machines. We have almost all the necessary spare parts in stock and we can change them on the same day.
Ingress of a foreign object
During washing, a knocking noise is sometimes heard due to the presence of any foreign object in the tank. It can be keys, coins, buttons, rhinestones, a bone from a bra. They can even pierce the tank at high speeds, so the device will jam, and water will flow out onto the floor. After removing foreign objects, it is necessary to check the parts for integrity and serviceability.
Other causes of breakdowns are belt malfunction (stretched, frayed or torn), breakdown of the electronic control unit, electric motor.
If you act incorrectly, incorrectly connect the device to the system, important parts of the washing machine will fail. Therefore, it is better not to carry out independent repairs, but to entrust the matter to a specialist.
Grinding sound in the washing machine when spinning and spinning
Many users of washing machines sooner or later encounter such an unpleasant phenomenon as creaking when working. This problem can occur both throughout the entire washing program, and during its individual periods (for example, only when rinsing and spinning). If this malfunction was discovered after purchase, it is probably the fault of a defect or some kind of assembly error. Contact the dealer immediately to have your machine repaired, replaced by a new one, or refunded under warranty. Also, such a problem may arise immediately after replacing any parts. In this case, you should check the correctness of the repair again (if you did it yourself) or contact the repairman to correct your possible mistake.
However, if the machine has been working properly for a long time and suddenly cracks. most likely the reason is that some parts are worn out, or the fasteners are loose.
Small things hit the drum
Embroidery beads, small buttons, zipper pins, hooks. all these and other small things can come off during washing and get into the gap between the machine drum and the tub, especially with intensive spinning, and make a nasty grinding noise. To find these things and take them out, you need to remove the wall of the washing machine, pull out the Tubular Heater. And in the hole for the Tubular Heater will be all those things that could fall out of the drum. Also check the entire cuff for small items of clothing that can get stuck there. To prevent such incidents, it is recommended to regularly check the drum and cuff for foreign objects.
If you suspect that something has fallen between the tank and the drum, it is better to double-check this too. If all unnecessary is not removed in time, the tank may be damaged, and the machine will leak from the bottom.
The drive belt is stretched
The belt that spins the drum can stretch over time and slip, making whistling sounds. If the reason is in the belt, the squeak will be especially audible when the machine is heavily loaded and at high speed spinning. At the first sign of tension, the belt should be replaced or simply tightened. Otherwise, it may break during operation, which in turn may lead to other, more serious damage.
Squeak in shock absorbers and springs
The springs creak especially strongly during spinning. When the car shakes, they can rub at the attachment points, making unpleasant noises. To diagnose such a malfunction, start the wash without the top cover of the machine. And during the squeak, try to press the springs with your hand. If the grinding has stopped, then the cause has been identified correctly. To eliminate it, lubricate the springs at the attachment point.
Another option is that the springs or shock absorbers are worn out, because of which the tank sways and rubs against the walls. Also, when washing without the top cover, observe how the tank “behaves”, inspect carefully the springs and shock absorbers for damage. If violations are found, replace worn parts.
After long-term operation or from poor-quality assembly of the washing machine, the shaft mounting bolts may loosen, which upsets the balance of the drum, it starts to rattle and creak. Eliminating this malfunction is elementary: you just need to tighten the bolts. However, the design of the car does not always make it easy to get to them. If you cannot do this yourself, it is better to turn to professionals so as not to accidentally damage other structural elements.
Drum squeak when rotating
The drum shaft is installed in the tank on bearings. A rubber seal is put on them to keep moisture out of the bearings. And if this oil seal has dried out from time to time or is damaged, then water will flow to the bearings, because of which they will begin to rust and creak when rotating, and the drum may not spin well. In this case, it is recommended to immediately repair the machine with the replacement of all damaged parts, otherwise it will permanently fail.
Possible causes of a squeak in the washing machine
- grinding in rusted bearings when rotating;
- small items have got under the drum or there are particles of washed items (wool, hairs) on the door cuff;
- the drive belt slips;
- the gross fastening is weakened;
- the fixation of the springs holding the drum is broken;
- creaking butt parts of the body, rubbing against each other.
See also. Washing machine door does not close. what to do?
Let’s take a closer look at the reasons why a creak may occur, and how to eliminate them. Please note: before starting any repairs to the washing machine, do not forget to unplug it and turn off the tap!
Creak at the joints of the case
The fastenings of the machine body can also loosen and creak over time or due to poor assembly. It will not be superfluous to tighten all the bolts connecting the body parts, and inspect any connections and fasteners that could be loose.
If all these simple manipulations did not help you solve the problem of the grinding of the washing machine, contact qualified technicians for diagnostics and repair.
What is a drive belt
The drive belt is an important part of the washing machine. Thanks to him, the drum rotates, without which washing is impossible.
The belt is the connecting link between the drum pulley and the engine and if it breaks or falls off, then the machine stops working. The service life of the drive belt is many years with proper care of the machine.
Can. If the drum makes a scraping sound when spinning and spins very easily with your hand, then most likely the problem is in it.
The belt comes off the drum of the washing machine. Reasons and solution
During the operation of the washing machine, a situation may occur when washing is impossible due to breakdown. Of course, there can be several reasons for the termination of work.
But, often on the washing machine, the drive belt flies. The problem is not terrible and solvable.
Why does the belt fly off on the washing machine
When the drum is overloaded, scrolling occurs, which lead to a loose belt.
It happens that a similar situation is repeated and the washing machine belt constantly flies, then you cannot do without professional diagnostics and help.
The most common causes of belt problems can be:
- Insecure drum pulley attachment. The belt will surely fly off or break if the mounts on which the drum is held are weak and move from side to side. As a result, the drum can generally jam.
- Engine mount problems. As with the pulley, the fasteners can loosen and the belt is not tensioned enough, causing it to slip. To solve the problem, you need to remove the back cover of the machine and tighten the fasteners. Replace the belt.
- Belt wear due to long-term use. The belt stretches from long work and ceases to fulfill its function. When scrolling, the car whistles and hardly squeezes. And sometimes the machine stops working altogether.
- Bearing wear. For this reason, the drum may wobble and, as a result, the belt on the washing machine naturally flies off. You may need the help of a master with experience.
- Shaft or pulley deformed. When the belt has fallen off in the washing machine, the pulley can bend and damage important parts of the equipment.
- Weak belt tension. If the drive belt is not tensioned correctly or it was not the right size, then it will inevitably fall. When buying a belt, you need to navigate a worn belt installed by the manufacturer or rely on the help of a professional.
- Rare use of a typewriter. It turns out that rare use is also the cause of problems with the drive belt, because it can dry out, crack and lose elasticity.
- The drum spider is loose. This imbalance is also a direct cause of the drive belt failure.
For self-repair, the aLGorithm of actions is as follows:
- The washing machine is de-energized and disconnected from the water supply.
- The back cover is removed.
- The worn out belt is removed. To do this, it is pulled over itself with one hand, and the pulley rotates with the other and is removed.
- The new belt is first put on the motor shaft.
- Pulls on the pulley by rotating it in a similar manner.
- The machine is assembled and starts washing in test mode.
A person, even without special training and experience, can replace a worn out belt with a new one, focusing on the instructions.
Broken spring or shock absorber
Why does the drum knock in the washing machine when spinning?
- The design features of the washing unit are that the tank with the drum are suspended on springs.
- From below they are supported by shock absorbers.
- Such devices allow you to compensate for vibrations.
Important! Over time, the washing machine parts wear out. Shock absorbers and springs are no exception. During operation of the machine, they are under significant stress, and the device fails.
If the shock absorber or spring is faulty, the tank is displaced and positioned incorrectly. The shock absorber loses its elasticity and stretches so that it sinks to the bottom and hits the car body. No wonder the tank starts to knock during operation.
In this case, stop using the washing machine and start troubleshooting. To eliminate the knock, the failed parts must be replaced, moreover, both at once. Our detailed workshops on how to replace shock absorbers will help you with this.
Important! You shouldn’t neglect this rule. If you replace one shock absorber, the load is unevenly distributed. The second one is partially worn out, the shock absorber will break in the shortest time, even if it was in a relatively normal state.
Extraneous sounds from the drum
If the drum makes a knocking sound, the reasons may be:
- Debris falling between the tub and drum. This can be a bra clasp, paper clip, or button. When they touch the tub during washing, they emit a knocking knock.
Important! To remove foreign objects, simply remove the back or front cover of the machine and take out the Tubular Heater. All foreign objects can be removed through this hole. It is impossible to operate the machine without removing a foreign object, as it is dangerous by jamming the device.
- The knocking can also be caused by bearing wear. In this case, the machine also makes a creaking sound. The bearings will wear out with prolonged use of the unit. The solution to the problem is one: to pick up new oil seals and replace the bearings, and all.
Important! If one bearing breaks down, this is a sure sign that the rest will begin to “crumble”.
- If the drum knocks hard during spinning, the problem may be in unscrewing the mains filter. It is fixed on the back of the device and is designed to equalize the voltage up to 220 V. If the filter is not properly attached, during the operation of the device it hits the tank, causing a knocking sound. To fix this problem, it is necessary to fasten the filter and possibly replace the fasteners.
The drum of the washing machine knocks during spinning
A modern washing machine is an excellent helper for people in the household. You can wash items with different types of fabrics using different programs. You can both freshen up your laundry and wash stubborn dirt. Unfortunately, the “washing machine” sometimes fails, so you need to solve the problem as soon as possible. What to do if the drum of the washing machine knocks during spinning and during operation, how to fix this problem?
Uneven distribution of laundry
This problem occurs in older washing machines. When washing and spinning the laundry, things wrinkle. As a result, an imbalance occurs and the tank of the car begins to knock on its walls.
Important! Modern washing machines use imbalance control, so the laundry is evenly distributed inside the device.
Also, the problem may be that you downloaded too many things, and even of different sizes. To avoid such problems in the future, read about the rules for sorting clothes before washing and calculating the weight of the laundry.
Possible causes of the malfunction
What should I do if the machine rattles when the drum rotates? If you notice such a rumble, don’t panic right away. Some reasons why the drum knocks in the washing machine during spinning do not indicate malfunctions. Perhaps you are simply not using the equipment enough, violating the manufacturer’s recommendations.
So, there can be three reasons for everything:
- It cannot even be called a breakdown. If the machine makes a knocking noise, it could be due to unevenly distributed laundry in the drum of the machine.
- Deviations in the position of the equipment relative to the floor.
- Counterweight problems. This could be normal breakage or loosening of the bolts securing the counterweight.
- Failure of shock absorbers, spring breakage.
Let’s consider these reasons in more detail.
Washing machine makes a clatter during spin cycle: counterweight problem
The counterweight is a weight that is attached to the tank of the unit to make the tank weighted. A counterweight is needed so that the laundry in the machine, during washing and spinning, does not swing both the tank and the unit itself.
During operation, the counterweight loosens and knocks. If the fasteners are loosened, the balancing stone does not hold, but, on the contrary, shakes the washer.
Important! To eliminate this problem, the unit must be disassembled and the reinforcing bolts must be tightened. If it turns out that the counterweight is destroyed, it is replaced with a new one.
The machine is installed incorrectly
If the unit starts vibrating and “bouncing” during washing and beats the drum, then the problem may lie in its incorrect installation. The sound does not come from the inside of the washer, but from the fact that it vibrates.
Ideal if the washing machine is installed on a perfectly horizontal surface, level.
There are two ways to check if the installation is correct:
- Rock the washer from side to side. She should not leave the floor.
- Place a level on top of the washer.
You will find more detailed instructions in the separate article “How to install a washing machine so that you don’t jump?”.
In any case, if extraneous sounds appeared in the machine, it is necessary to stop operating the unit and call the master. You should not engage in “amateur performance”, it may turn out to be not a “minor” malfunction, but a real accident.
What do the sounds of the washing machine mean during operation and spinning
Automatic wash includes a set of programmable functions that are displayed on the operating mode control panel. There are no silent washing machines. Each mode is characterized by a unique set of sounds to which the ear gets used to. The introduction of additional sound chords into this scale prompts the suspicion that there is a problem that needs to be urgently solved.
Washing machine makes a lot of noise
Do not rush to call the wizard if the Washing machine does not display an error code, perhaps the cause can be easily eliminated. Try the following:
- control the operation of the Washing machine, stay close;
- determine in which mode the sound appears. drain, wash, spin;
- watch when it disappears altogether, reappears;
- capture the moments when the sound changes volume or characteristic sounds.
This information will help you fix the problem. Even if you can’t do it, the repairman will need it.
Causes of extraneous sounds in the drum rotation mode and remedies
Sometimes the machine makes sounds when there is no vibration. Determine which operating mode the Washing machine is making an unhealthy sound and investigate the cause. If the Washing machine makes noises when the drum rotates, the reasons are as follows:
- coins, metal objects or haberdashery accessories. buttons, locks, fasteners, other ladies’ things that fall on the walls of the drum and knock while the Washing machine is running;
- the thing, sandwiched in the space between the drum and the walls of the tank, makes a sound as a result of friction;
- a whistling sound comes from a loose V-belt or a loose part of the belt, remove the protective screen from the back of the Washing machine, check the belt tension and condition;
- sound is possible due to wear of the bearings installed on the drum shaft, check the drum play, try to turn it manually, determine the braking or the drum engagement with the tank walls.
Causes of washing machine noise
If the drum braking affects the operation of the engine, the load increases and the deviation of the norms in the given mode. The program will detect a malfunction and display an error code, but if these values remain normal, the Washing machine will continue to operate with noise, but this is a harbinger that there is a problem. It is better to take preventive measures in advance to avoid serious damage.
Vibration during drum rotation
The sound caused by vibration is like rattling, knocking; sometimes the washing machine moves away from the initial setting.
- Check the levelness of the Washing machine. Adjust the feet of the washing machine with the adjusting screws.
- Additionally, place cushioning pads or a mat under the feet. This will reduce the noise level and protect the downstairs neighbors from impact noise. See photo.
- Check the transport screws protecting the Washing machine in transit. Sometimes they stay screwed in after installation.
- Try removing the top cover to check the spring dampers. See photo. The bottom of the car also has shock absorbers, LG has 3 of them. and their device differs from the upper ones. You can check them by removing the front panel or back, but entrust this work to the master.
- Distribute the drum load evenly to avoid load imbalance.
- Perhaps the fixing of the part has relaxed and sound is created.
This information will help you fix the problem. Even if you fail, the repairman will need the information.
Extraneous noise during pump operation
Regularly check the fluff filter installed at the pump inlet of the washing machine according to the instruction manual. The collected villi will knock into a bundle and create friction against the pump impeller, additional noise will appear. Procedure in this case:
- At the end of the Washing machine operation, open the lower decoration panel and allow access to the drain of the remaining water from the washing machine tank through the drain hose. Here is a photo.
Here you can see that there were fluff in the tank, which can create a problem for the pump.
- Unscrew the filter, clean the sump in front of the pump. Wipe the chamber walls dry, rinse the lint filter with lukewarm water, wipe, check the rubber pad and reinsert everything.
If the drain is clogged or has begun to clog, then the load on the pump will increase, which will affect the nature of the noise, the strained operation of the engine. If the changes are within the acceptable limits of the program, the Washing machine will work, otherwise, it will shut down and display an error code.
The sound of washing machines LG, “Indesit”, “Electrolux” when the pump is running is subtle. The hydraulic part of the transfer pump pump is made of composite materials and works durable and quietly, therefore, an extraneous sound in the pump operation will indicate a problem related to the mechanical part. pump motors. Therefore, if you have done the work on cleaning the filter, and the noise has not been eliminated, then there may be a problem with the engine.
Extraneous sounds are the first signal that the washing machine is in trouble. Diagnosing sounds is challenging. One can only speculate on the options. Do not try to solve complex problems on your own so as not to break the washing machine. This requires experience and knowledge of the Washing machine. Contact the service center, explain the problem. Learn how to service and care for a helper.