Options for organizing water drainage without a siphon
- The outlet of waste water is organized not only into the sewer pipe. The easiest way is when using the hose that comes with the washing machine. A plastic device is used to bend the hoses, and the flow of liquid is directed into the sink, toilet bowl, bath. This simple design is an alternative to a siphon. It does not allow the dirty stream to come back. The design is used in dachas or in country houses with temporary residence. It is not at all difficult to organize the drainage of water in this way. The main condition is to bend the hoses into a U-shape or S-shape to form a water seal.
- A siphon is not always mounted separately for each drain point. It is allowed to connect the drain of the washing machine to an additional branch pipe of the drain system of the washing, dishwasher. This method has its drawbacks. The corrugation will be under constant load. The tightness of the structure is broken.
The first way to organize the drain can hardly be called a full-fledged option for replacing the siphon. The second option is acceptable, but you can’t call it the best either. There is a heavy load on one drain point. It is not necessary to buy a siphon for a washing machine, but it will not be practical.
Choosing a model with additional protection
Siphons help fight congestion in the system. But an additional protective part will only help to perform this function efficiently. For this, a siphon with a check valve is installed in the drain system.
The protective element works in two directions:
- prevents waste water from returning to the tank of the washing machine if a plug appears in the sewer pipe.
- model with a check valve for the washing machine will not allow water to be dumped during washing.
Protection is relevant for residents of the lower floors of multi-storey buildings, where they most often encounter a clogged sewer system. But most modern models of technology already have a valve for a washing machine from the manufacturer in their design. So that there are no two protections and costs that could be avoided, it is worth asking about the design of the washing machine.
Selection by shape and size
The complexity and speed of its installation depends on the shape and size of the model. Manufacturers have developed models that, regardless of their shape, provide any plumbing fixture with a water seal.
For a small bathroom, it is recommended to connect the washing machine to a flat siphon. They free up extra centimeters of space. The flat siphon unit is mounted together with the washing machine under the sink. If you choose a sink model, then such a tandem will decorate a small bathroom.
Device Installation Tips
Without meeting the requirements when installing drain fittings, there will be no effective drainage of waste water, the washing machine will work intermittently, which will shorten its service life.
- If installed at a height of no more than 80 cm above the floor level, the load on the drain pump will not increase. The technique will work as usual. The maximum height can reach 90 cm.The indicator depends on the model of the washing machine, on the pump power.
- Will spare the pump and the short drain hose. The longer it is, the more the pump down pump works.
- The lengthening is carried out only for a short period of time. In addition, it must not be laid on the floor (underneath). This increases the power of the pump. In such a situation, an option is being considered to approach the sewer pipe to the place of installation of the washing machine.
- If a long drain hose remains, then it is mounted on the wall surface with a slope for the gravity of the liquid. Then the load on the pump will drop, and it will work in the permissible mode.
- If a hidden type drain is installed, then the dimensions of the niche for its installation are selected taking into account the width of the facing tiles or panels so that you do not have to cut the material.
- If you do not feel the strength and confidence in the performance of the work, then it is recommended to invite a master who will cope with communication connections and install, prepare the equipment for work strictly according to the instructions.
Recommendations for the selection and correct installation of a siphon for a washing machine
It’s hard to imagine a modern home without a washing machine. A place is selected for its installation. The communications are being laid. Without proper organization of the waste liquid drainage, the washing machine cannot function without complications. Therefore, this process is important and all possible ways of liquid withdrawal are being studied. A hose is sometimes used to drain, but for the constant operation of household appliances, manufacturers recommend installing a siphon for a washing machine. The device will extend the service life of the equipment and give a number of advantages.
Selection according to installation conditions
For the most efficient operation of the washing machine, any siphon model is selected. From the point of view of observing the interior of the room, comfort in installing the structure, several options for installing the drain are considered:
- outdoor model. installed if the space is not limited and the entire drainage structure will be hidden behind appliances, furniture, so as not to spoil the look of the interior. It is not difficult to install such a model, it is not necessary to assemble, since it is often on sale already in a completed state;
- hidden type washing machine siphon. for a small room. Considered a complex assembly job;
- the combined drain fittings with the connection of several consumers, will allow, in a small area, not to build tricky plexuses with a discharge system from each point.
The model with a non-return valve does not serve as its protective function every time the machine is turned on, but in an emergency it will save the day. Therefore, you should not ignore the purchase of a model with protection.
The correctness of the installation of the drainage system and its performance depends on the quality of all parts of the system. You should not choose low-price drain fittings so that you do not have to deal with replacing parts soon.
Varieties of drain fittings
Sometimes the lack of information makes it difficult to properly organize the process. The same can be said about the poor awareness of the availability of different types of drain fittings for the washing machine on sale.
On the plumbing market, a siphon for connecting a washing machine is presented in 3 types:
- External device;
- internal model. installed in a wall niche;
- combined or universal option.
A simple way to organize the withdrawal of liquid, if there is a large gap to the sewer pipe, is to connect the washing machine to an external siphon. This is a cheap design that is mounted in a convenient place for the owners. But you can’t call it compact. Visually, the product looks bulky.
You can not complicate the organization of the drain installation and choose the external drain fittings, if you do not need to worry about saving space in the room and the large model will be hidden, for example, behind the washing machine.
Design flaw: the inability to put the equipment close to the wall if the owner wishes. Need to retreat a distance.
So that the installation of equipment in the room does not turn into its clutter, a built-in siphon is selected. It is installed inside the wall. For this, a niche is made.
Then the technique is attached to the wall. The design itself looks attractive: the body is hidden behind a decorative wall, the visible part is covered with decorative elements. Only the fitting (set at 90 °) catches the eye. For the flush-mounted model, all connectors are hidden.
Disadvantage of the model: it is difficult to clean from clogging; installation will require skills and finances.
The universal model is a siphon with an outlet for a washing machine, with an additional outlet for a sink and a dishwasher. Water is discharged from different consumers. Visually resembles a conventional design.
When the washing process is finished, the washing machine runs the waste water drain program. A hose is sometimes used to drain the liquid down the drain. You can extend the life of household appliances by installing a drain siphon. An unlimited amount of liquid is passed through it. In addition, it performs a number of functions in parallel:
- This is a water seal for stopping the “aromas” of the sewer. The water plug in the bent tube continues to function even when the machine has not been started up for a long time.
- It is much easier for the drain pump to work with it, which lengthens its service life.
- Large particles of debris settle in its bend and do not clog the discharge pipes. Valuable items, washed in the s of clothes, also settle there.
- Quick access to the drain plug and cleaning when disassembling the siphon.
ALGorithm for replacing a conventional structure
The installation of the model is described in the instructions step by step:
- the supply of the sewer pipe is organized, if the siphon is replaced, then the end of the pipe is cleaned of dirt;
- the drain hose is supplied;
- installation is carried out using new rubber gaskets;
- the sealing of the joints is checked. Toilet paper is laid on the floor. Water is drawn into the washing machine and the liquid is drained without a wash cycle. If a combined model is installed, then the test is carried out with the simultaneous drainage of fluid from each point of consumption. Tightness is checked under load on drain fittings.
- If there is no leak, then you can use the washing machine.
How to connect a drain for a washing machine to the sewer: connection aLGorithm, rules for installing a drain hose
Everything about installing a urinal at home: norms, schemes,
Connecting the washing machine to the water supply and sewerage system: step by step instructions
Instructions for choosing and installing a cabinet with a sink and a niche for a washing machine
Choosing and connecting the inlet hose for the washing machine
HL traps for washing machines
Siphons HL (Hutterer Lechner) are used when installing a washing machine or dishwasher, when the drain hose for draining waste water into the sewer network must be connected via a siphon.
HL siphons for a washing machine or dishwasher from Hutterer Lechner are mainly used for concealed installation (the so-called built-in siphon). They are mounted in a pre-made recess in the wall (strobe) and attached to the base. The mounting depth of the HL siphons, depending on the model, is from 55 to 75 mm. Then the necessary connections are connected to the siphon (water and sewer pipes, and if provided by the design, electricity, for example, for models HL 405 E, HL 406 E. At the final stage of installation, the siphon is closed with a decorative stainless steel cover plate.
All HL siphons can be cleaned, for models without a built-in check valve, this can be done through the drain inlet. For models with built-in non-return valve. through a special cleaning.
Some models of siphons (eg HL 404, HL 404.1) are equipped with built-in ventilation valves. They are used when it is necessary to mount a siphon remotely and there is a danger of a hydraulic seal breakdown.
Advantages of HL siphons for washing machines and dishwashers. small size, minimized water noise, attractive and aesthetic appearance. Some models have chrome plated angle fittings.
HL siphon catalog for washing machines or dishwashers
Built-in siphon HL 400 for a washing machine or dishwasher with a non-return valve, with cleaning, with a decorative stainless steel plate measuring 110×160 mm, DN 40/50. The minimum installation depth for this siphon model. 58 mm.
HL 400 ECO
Built-in siphon HL 400 ECO for washing machine or dishwasher with non-return valve, with cleaning. This siphon, in contrast to the HL 400 model, does not have a protective box and a decorative plate. DN 40/50. Minimum installation depth. 60 mm.
Siphon body for flush-mounted installation with vertical outlet DN40 / 50.
An additional cassette HL4000.1 (for connecting one piece of household appliances) or HL4000.2 (for connecting two household appliances for washing / washing) can be installed in this case.
Household appliances include a washing machine, dishwasher or dryer.
Cassette for HL4000.0 siphon for connecting one washer, dryer or dishwasher. Fits into the HL4000.0 siphon body. Does not apply on its own.
Cassette for HL4000.0 siphon for simultaneous connection of 2 washing machines, drying machines or dishwashers or their combinations. Fits into the HL4000.0 siphon body. Does not apply on its own.
Built-in siphon HL 404 for a washing machine or dishwasher with a non-return valve, with cleaning, with a decorative stainless steel plate 108×225 mm, with the possibility of connecting an air valve HL 902, DN 40/50. Minimum installation depth. 65 mm.
HL 404.1. built-in siphon for a washing machine or dishwasher with a non-return valve, with cleaning, with a decorative stainless steel plate 108×225 mm, with an air valve HL 902 for quiet operation of the device, DN 40/50. Minimum installation depth. 65 mm.
Built-in siphon HL 405 for a washing machine or dishwasher with a decorative plate made of stainless steel 190×110 mm, with an installation angle with 1/2 “female thread for connection to the water supply network, a water plug HL42.B and a chrome-plated elbow HL 19.C, DN 40 / 50. Minimum installation depth. 75 mm.
HL 405 E. built-in siphon for a washing machine or dishwasher with a decorative plate made of stainless steel 190×110 mm, an installation angle with 1/2 “female thread for connection to the water supply network, a water plug HL 42.B and a chrome-plated corner fitting HL 19.C, can be connected to the mains, DN 40/50 Minimum installation depth 75 mm.
The built-in siphon for a washing machine or dishwasher HL 405 ECO has a building plug, with a special mounting plate for fixing parts for water supply, with a chrome-plated corner fitting HL 19.C, with a stainless steel decorative plate 190 110 mm, DN 40/50. Minimum installation depth. 70 mm.
HL 406. built-in siphon for washing machine or dishwasher, with mounting plate and decorative plate made of stainless steel 190-110 mm, with nickel-plated valve for connection to the water supply network, chrome-plated elbow HL 19.C, installation angle with 1/2 “female thread, DN 40/50 Minimum installation depth 75 mm.
Built-in siphon HL 406.2 for washing machine or dishwasher, with mounting plate and decorative plate made of stainless steel 280100 mm, with two nickel-plated valves, chrome-plated elbow HL 19.C, mounting angle with 1/2 “female thread, DN 40/50. Minimum installation depth.75 mm.
Built-in HL 406 E siphon for washing machine or dishwasher with mounting plate and decorative plate made of stainless steel 280 100 mm, with nickel-plated valve for connection to the mains water supply and power socket for connection to the mains, chrome-plated angle fitting HL19.C, mounting bracket with female thread 1/2 “, DN 40/50. Minimum installation depth. 75 mm.
Wall-mounted trap HL 410 (for washing machine or dishwasher) for exposed installation with white decorative cover made of polyethylene, DN 40.
HL 440. Built-in siphon for washing machine or dishwasher with non-return valve, with cleaning, stainless steel decorative plate, DN 40/50. Minimum installation depth. 55 mm.
HL traps for washing machines
HL manufactures convenient and high quality siphons for washing machines and dishwashers. One of their main advantages is the minimal noise level of the water. In addition, all siphons can be cleaned. models without a check valve are cleaned through the inlet pipe, through which the drain is connected, and models equipped with a check valve are equipped with a cleaning.
Special models of HL siphons for washing machines are available, equipped with a ventilation valve, due to which the risk of breaking the water seal during installation is reduced.
In addition, they are equipped with additional options:
- euro socket;
- check valve;
- mechanical odor-locking device;
- water plug;
- ventilation valve;
- valve for connection to the pipeline.
- For washing machine, dishwasher or washbasin
- For hidden installation
Dimensions: DN 40/50
- For connecting a washbasin, suitable for HL 4000.0 siphon
- HL 04000.8
- HL 01111D
- HL 04000.9E
Grid: 120 x 166 mm
Productivity: 0.6 l / s
- For connecting 2 washing machines, suitable for HL 4000.0 siphon
- HL 04000.2
- HL 04000.7E
- HL 04000.5E. 2 pcs.
- HL 19.2
- HL 19.2 pcs.
Built-in siphon HL 406E, used in washing machines and dishwashers. The siphon has a mounting plate, as well as a decorative plate made of stainless steel, measuring 280×100 mm. Also, the siphon is equipped with an electrical outlet, which allows it to be connected to the electrical network, and a nickel-plated valve, thanks to which it is possible to connect to the water supply network. The siphon also has a chrome-plated elbow HL 19.C and a mounting angle with a female thread of 1/2 “. Siphon diameter 40/50, capacity 0.38 l / s. The siphon is mounted at a depth of at least 75 mm.
Built-in siphon HL 404.1 with cleaning, equipped with a decorative plate made of stainless steel, the dimensions of which are 108×225 mm. The siphon should be installed with a depth of at least 65 mm. Works with air valve model HL 902, which ensures quiet operation of the device. The siphon is also equipped with a check valve. Diameter 40/50 mm, flow rate 0.38 l / s.
- For connecting 1 washing machine, fits HL 4000.0 siphon
- HL 04000.1
- HL 04000.4E
- HL 04000.5E
- HL 19
HL 410. Wall-mounted siphon made of polyethylene with a diameter of 40 mm. The siphon is intended for use on dishwashers and washing machines. Weighing 440 gr. the siphon capacity is 0.38. The device is equipped with a white decorative cover.
HL 440. built-in siphon for use on washing machines and dishwashers, equipped with a non-return valve. Siphon with cleaning, there is also a decorative plate made of stainless steel. With a diameter of 40/50 mm and a weight of 200 g. the siphon capacity is 0.33 l / s. The device is mounted at a depth of at least 55 mm.
HL 405ECO. built-in siphon for dishwashers and washing machines. Equipped with a building plug and a chrome-plated elbow HL19.C. Also, the siphon has a special mounting plate, with which you can strengthen the parts for the water supply. The decorative plate is made of stainless steel and measures 190-110 mm. The siphon is mounted at a depth of at least 70 mm. Diameter 40/50, flow rate 0.38 l / s.
Built-in siphon HL 406, equipped with a special mounting plate. Connects to dishwashers and washing machines. The siphon is equipped with a decorative plate measuring 190110 mm and a nickel-plated valve for connection to the water supply network. There is a chrome-plated elbow HL 19.C and a mounting bracket with a female thread of 1/2 “. With a diameter of 40/50 mm, the siphon capacity is 0.38 l / s. It is mounted at a depth of at least 75 mm.
HL 405. built-in siphon suitable for washing machines and dishwashers. Equipped with a decorative plate made from stainless steel, measuring 190×110 mm. The siphon also has a 1/2 “female fitting so that the device can be connected to the mains water. There is a water plug model HL 42.B, also a chrome-plated elbow fitting model HL 19.C is included. less than 75 mm Siphon diameter HL 405 is 40/50 mm, drainage capacity 0.38 l / s.
HL 405E. built-in siphon with a mounting angle, the internal thread of which is 1/2 “, and which connects to the water supply network. The siphon is equipped with a decorative plate measuring 190×110 mm. The siphon also has a water plug HL 42.B, the kit also includes a chrome-plated angle fitting HL 19.C. The siphon can be connected to the mains. Diameter 40/50 mm, capacity 0.38 l / s. Mounted to a minimum depth of 75 mm.
Characteristics of HL sewerage equipment:
- ISO 9001 compliant
- Safety for ecology and health
- Products undergo laboratory tests
- Attractive appearance
Built-in siphon HL 400ECO for dishwashers and washing machines. The siphon is made of polyethylene, its diameter is 40/50 mm, the capacity is 0.38 l / s. Siphon with cleaning, equipped with a check valve. The installation depth must not be less than 60 mm. The kit does not include a decorative plate and protective box.
Built-in siphon HL 406.2 for washing machines and dishwashers with a minimum installation depth of 75 mm. With a diameter of 40/50 mm and a weight of 1931 g. the drainage capacity of the siphon is 0.38 l / s. The siphon is equipped with a mounting plate, as well as a decorative plate made of stainless steel, measuring 280×100 mm. The siphon also has a chrome-plated elbow HL19.C, two nickel-plated valves and a mounting bracket with a 1/2 “female thread.
HL 400. built-in siphon for connection to washing machines and dishwashers. The siphon is equipped with a non-return valve. There is a cleaning and decorative plastic made of stainless steel, size 110×160 mm. The installation depth must not be less than 58 mm. With a diameter of 40/50 mm, the siphon capacity is 0.38 l / s.