5 ways to quickly remove odors from your washing machine
It would seem that the house could be fresher and cleaner if not a washing machine? However, the hostesses are well aware: the device must be cleaned regularly. To learn how to clean the washing machine from the smell and what to do so that it does not appear as long as possible, read on this page of the women’s site “Beautiful and Successful”.
Why did the machine suddenly smell?
In almost any home, a washing device daily passes liters of soapy water through itself, which rinses almost all parts of the machine. Where does the swampy or musty smell come from? The stench is provoked by various microorganisms. bacteria, fungi, staphylococci, etc. Their colonies begin to multiply on the walls of the washing machine, if there are the following errors in using the device and caring for it:
- Closing the door immediately after washing. Damp walls do not have time to dry out, and in conditions of high humidity, microorganisms multiply at an enormous rate.
- The choice of washing mode in warm water up to a temperature of 40 degrees. If you wash it constantly in this mode, colonies of fungi will start inside the device.
- Using low-grade detergent or overdosing. Low-quality fabric softener can also cause stench from the washing machine.
- Inadequate filter care. container for powder or rubber hatch. It is advisable to clean these parts from time to time from dirt and wipe dry.
- Uneven machine installation. If the device is tilted, some of the water from it does not pour out into the sewer, but remains inside. Water stagnates and deteriorates.
- Hard water. It provokes scale on the metal walls and parts of the washer, such a plaque is an excellent medium for the reproduction of pathogenic microflora.
- Items of clothing that have been washed inside the device.
- Storing dirty items in the drum. the smell of which the device is impregnated, especially its silicone parts.
- Clogged sewer. If it gets clogged, an unpleasant smell from it spreads throughout the apartment. Since the washer is always connected to the sewer, the appliance can turn into a window between the drain and the room. A stench from the side of the washer could be a sign that the sewage system in the house is not installed correctly. In this case, even careful maintenance of the device will not help to get rid of the smell in the room. You will have to contact the specialists.
If you do not dry the machine after washing, then the fungus will quickly appear
What to do if there is a smell
Unfortunately, the housewives sometimes remember that the machine may acquire a not very pleasant aroma only after they feel it. What to do in this case? Deal with it with home methods:
- Cleansing with citric acid. This method can be used to combat unpleasant odors, but also to remove scale from the internal parts of the appliance. Pour at least 100-200 g of citric acid into the washing powder tray and turn on the machine for boiling.
- Cleaning the machine with a dishwasher tablet. In order to remove an unpleasant odor from the drum, it is necessary to load six special tablets into it and turn it on for washing at the maximum temperature. After that, the device must be rinsed and wiped dry.
- Rinsing with vinegar. For this purpose, it is better to purchase alcoholic 9 percent vinegar, pour half a liter of the product into the washing tray and turn on the boiling mode. After that, the device must be turned on without emptying for rinsing. It is also advisable at the end of this procedure to remove the filter from the machine and rinse it. Pieces of breakaway plaque often remain in it. The site sympaty.net recommends this method of removing unpleasant amber as one of the most budgetary.
- Using soda. Baking soda, which has the ability to remove almost any odor, will help get rid of the unpleasant odor from the drum. The product is poured into a tray in the volume of half a glass. Then they turn on the machine with no load using hot water. This method helps to remove all odors inside the appliance. To completely remove sources of unpleasant odors from the vending machine, you can additionally clean the silicone rim on the hatch with a soda solution. Then rinse it with water and wipe dry.
- Cleansing with Whiteness. A chlorine-containing product will effectively deal with the problem of how to remove odors from the washing machine. Pour 100 ml of Whiteness into the washing powder compartment and turn on the boiling mode. After washing, rinse the appliance in a special mode, then wipe the inside with a dry cloth and leave the door open to dry the machine.
Wipe down the washing machine after each use and remove any traces of powder
If home remedies did not help, you should purchase a special product created to fight for the cleanliness of the machine.
The choice of such substances is quite wide.
Store “chemistry” for the washing machine: the best products
- Tyreth. A budget liquid that can be used to remove dirt and mold from the machine parts of the machine. Sold in containers of 250 ml. For one use, you must empty the entire bottle into the appropriate compartment of the machine. Tiret helps to maintain the hygiene of the device.
- Wecomat Kalkstop. The product is available in tablet form. Differs in excellent quality. Fights limescale well.
- Filtero. The liquid is available in 250 ml bottles. It is recommended to pre-moisten a gauze cloth in it, wipe the external parts of the device with it, wait a quarter of an hour. Then pour the rest of the substance into the powder compartment, turn on the wash at 60 degrees.
- CaLGon. Popular brand product. Good housewives claim that the product helps to quickly clear the rotten, swampy smell. Available in powder and liquid form. The disadvantage of the funds is the price: it is difficult to call it budget.
- Topperr. A universal product that can be used for both washing machines and dishwashers. Also, tablets of this brand quickly and easily descale the kettle. It’s easy to use the tool.
- Dr. Beckmann. Available in a 250 ml single-use bottle, it will be enough to clean the interior of the machine from mold and other sources of bad odor. Manufacturers recommend using the fluid 3 times a year to prevent problems.
- Scrubman. The product is available in powder form, which is recommended to be poured into the appropriate compartment. Manufacturers believe that using this tool is better for prevention, and not when the smell has already appeared. However, even if there are problems, it helps a lot.
Modern cleaning products for washing machines at home
Usually, using any of the above methods will quickly and effectively solve the problem. To prevent it from occurring again, you need to monitor the device.
Car care rules automatic machine
To prevent a rotten smell from the washing machine, it is necessary to use the device correctly and take care of it. Experienced housewives recommend turning to such preventive measures:
- Systematic rinsing of the tray for powder and rinse aid. One of the common reasons the car smells is dampness in the tray. This part is removable in most models. From time to time it should be removed and cleaned with baking soda, vinegar or a special cleaner.
- Drain hose hygiene. Their ribbed surface is an ideal environment for the accumulation of substances that cause bad odor. What is the best way to clean these hoses? For this purpose, housewives usually use substances to remove blockages, which can be poured into the drain. Another way to clean the hoses is by hand rinsing them. But for this, the details are removed. The method is good for its reliability: it eliminates all the reasons why a strong musty odor may appear.
- Cleaning the rubber gasket around the hatch. The musty smell very often comes from the rubber part of the door. Dirt accumulates there after washing the linen, mold appears due to dampness, which can be removed with vinegar, bleach or soda. The gasket should be folded back and washed thoroughly, and then wiped dry.
Preventing the odor from the washing machine includes other measures. Remembering why the machine suddenly starts to exude a stench, it is important to use high-quality detergents, check s of things before washing, wipe the drum with a dry cloth after using the machine.
Taking care of the automatic assistant not only prevents odors, but also prolongs its service life. It is not so difficult to do this, especially when you consider that the machine itself significantly saves both time and effort of the hostess.
Therefore, the site “Beautiful and Successful” recommends all its readers to purchase the appropriate tools and pay due attention to the typewriter.
This work will certainly be rewarded with excellent functioning of the appliance and the freshness of the washed laundry.
9 not-so-obvious reasons your washing machine smells
The following reasons for the appearance of a musty smell are not as common as errors in operation, but they still have a place to be.
- Unsuccessful change of powder or conditioner. Sometimes. the reason for the unpleasant smell lies in the new detergent, especially if it was not of the best quality. “Sticking” on the walls of the washing machine, over time, the product begins to smell not at all of fragrances, but as something rotten.
- Excess powder and conditioner. The reason for the smell is almost the same as with a low quality detergent. Excess sticks to the walls of the machine and after a while begins to exude an unpleasant odor.
- The detergent drawer is dirty. Even good products, poured in the right amount, leave a small film on the sides of the tray. Over time, the layer becomes thinner, often traces of mold appear. It is not difficult to avoid this trouble: once a month, take out the tray and rinse it under warm water.
- Dirty detergent duct. As with the tray, a moldy layer of detergent may develop further downstream. that is, in the powder and fabric softener channel. Take out the tray and shine a flashlight: if traces of mold are visible, it means that mechanical cleaning is required. You can arm yourself with a small brush and do it yourself, or entrust this procedure to the master. Please note: most often, problems with the detergent supply channel occur when the tray is heavily soiled. So to prevent this ailment, just keep the tray itself clean and then you will never face a similar problem.
- The drain filter is dirty. Normally, the drain filter catches debris so that the sewer does not clog: the largest lint, threads, buttons and even coins can all be in it. The drain filter must be cleaned every six months! Otherwise, all the “wealth” that he has caught can begin to “sour” and rot, exuding a corresponding smell. In addition, a clogged filter can make it difficult or completely “block” the drainage of water from the washing machine.
- Water remains in the machine. A little. so you can’t see it, but over time it starts to “go out”. especially if the machine is tightly closed during idle time. Most often, the reason lies in the incorrect connection of the unit to the sewage system, or, if such a problem did not arise before, the drain pump began to malfunction. We recommend that you contact the wizard for help.
- An old drain hose can cause odors: on the walls, especially of low-quality products, debris and residues of detergents often adhere, which begin to rot and become source of stench. You can try to clean the silted hose: for this “run” the machine without laundry at the maximum temperature. If the smell remains, the old hose should be replaced with a new one.
- “Scale” on the Tubular Heater can also give off a rotten and rotten smell. It is no coincidence that we write scale in quotation marks. in fact, it is a plaque from detergents, lint, litter and, perhaps, impurities from water. This whole “cocktail” sticks most strongly to the Tubular Heater. In some cases, especially if you rarely use the machine or often wash clothes at low temperatures, the “scale” begins to smell. However, it can “smell” even at high temperatures. in this case, a burning smell can be felt. Use a typewriter cleaner or citric acid to get rid of the smell. This will descale the Tubular Heater (citric acid should be used when running the wash without laundry at 90 degrees). If the instructions for your unit say that it is allowed to use chlorine-containing bleaches, you can “drive” the machine to 90-95 degrees with chlorine. If “flushing” does not help, unfortunately, you need to call the master and mechanically clean the machine from ” scale “.
- Problems with general communications. Sometimes, the reason lies not in the typewriter, but in the sewer: the smell comes from the pipes, and the washer only lets out the stench. However, in this case, it will smell not only from the machine, but also from all the sinks in the house.
At the end of the article, I would like to appeal to all owners of washing machines: please read and follow the instructions! Correct and careful operation is a guarantee of longevity of any equipment. Ventilate, wipe, clean the machine according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, and then it will always delight you with excellent work and the aromas of “frosty morning”, “aloe” or whatever is written on your air conditioner, and not the smell of swamp mud.
Operating errors in which an unpleasant odor appears in the washing machine
- The most common reason is the most commonplace. The machine “suffocates” due to the fact that you close the hatch tightly immediately after washing. Remember, the washing machine takes time for the moisture to evaporate. So always leave the door ajar after washing for at least a couple of hours.
- Also, do not forget to wipe the rubber cuff after washing: water remains in its folds, and often small debris. This can lead not only to an unpleasant odor, but also to the development of mold. usually black in color. If the mold grows deep into the rubber, the cuff will need to be replaced. Surface mold, however, can be easily removed by rinsing the cuff with dishwashing liquid.
- Do not use the drum of the washing machine to store dirty laundry. Imagine: there is high humidity in the machine (especially if you did not dry it properly after washing), and you put dirty clothes in it. It turns out an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, mold and other unpleasant living creatures. Buy a basket for dirty things: it will not take up much space in the apartment, but it will save you from troubles with the smell from the washing machine!
How to remove a musty smell from a washing machine?
From a washing machine, we traditionally expect cleanliness of linen, fragrant with freshness. We choose aromatic powders and rinses that are pleasant to our sense of smell. but sometimes it turns out to be in vain: the washer suddenly starts to emit an unpleasant odor. Sometimes it is felt only from the unit itself, but in especially neglected cases, freshly washed things begin to smell musty. What happened to your faithful assistant and how to be now?
With the linen, if the smell spreads to it, alas, you will have to work manually: rinse it in a bathroom with air conditioning. But with a machine that put you in such an unpleasant situation. to deal with. There can be a lot of reasons for the appearance of a bad smell in the washing machine.
Hello! Cleaned the washing machine yesterday with the help of Dr. Tubular Heater. Today you can clearly smell a rotten smell. Why? There were no such problems before.
And if you drive away today with citric acid or soda, it will not be worse?
How much soda to pour and at what temperature to do it all?
Soda can be up to 4 tablespoons. Maximum temperature.
Hello, tell me how much citric acid to pour?
Citric acid. 2 tablespoons.
Good afternoon. Or you can use citric acid in powder form or you need freshly squeezed juice?
Zhanara, in the article and in the comments we are talking about citric acid powder.
Good afternoon! Below in the answers you wrote that you need to clean citric acid and soda until the smell disappears, but again, you write citric acid should not be abused, use no more than once a year. So how can I get rid of the terrible smell?
Tonya, it’s not about the number of washings with citric acid, but about its volume. If you pour 200 grams of citric acid, it will be very concentrated and will corrode the protective oxide layer of the drum and tank of your washing machine. Our customers often do not know the measures and the tank becomes dull and dirty.
Good afternoon, after repairing the washing machine (the master changed the valve and the Tubular Heater), drove the empty one with some kind of cleaning powder, the smell of rotten stuff appeared. And so after each wash, after a few days the smell disappears but appears again after washing. The car is about 10 years old, before the repair it was rarely cleaned and washed with cold water for three years.
Marina, try a 90-degree program, first with citric acid and then with baking soda. After replacing the Tubular Heater, some of the dirt and clothing particles may have remained at the bottom of the machine’s tank.
I used to wash everything was fine, now little kids have appeared and naturally, I wash with baby and simple powder recently started to smell strongly from the machine, what to do ?
Julia, clean the machine with citric acid in program 1, and then an additional program with soda. Be sure to wipe the door seal and keep the door (hatch) open.
Thanks for the advice. it turned out to fix the problem, I hope for a long time. Another question is how often you can use citric acid to clean the typewriter. They say once a year. Is this so?
Anna, citric acid can eat away at the oxide from the metal of the drum, you shouldn’t abuse it. often than once a year.
Hello! The old typewriter was given to the hostel (Samsung Fuzzy S832). An unpleasant odor (damp or musty) comes from the drum. The drum door is always open. I wash the tray after each wash and is also always open (or slightly open). Recently I ran it once with citric acid at 60 degrees (this is the maximum temperature), nothing has changed. Can I put it into the drum itself? Or try soda? Things after washing also smell like (I washed it without conditioner, because at the end of the wash I miss the moment when I can pour it, and at the initial stage of washing this is not provided, because there is one in the tray)
Nastya, it is necessary to use citric acid and soda many times separately from each other. Removing odor is not a quick process.
The machine has a maximum temperature of 60. How to proceed?
Evgeniya, in 99% of cases, a 60-degree program is enough for all possible washing, except for rinsing.
Good afternoon. I have a different problem. Please give advice. There is no smell from the washing machine, I regularly drive it with citric acid. But the linen after washing has a rotten smell! Like the conditioner “With the aroma of Tukhlyak” I use. What could be the reason? I clean the filter, the U hose is similarly bent. Thank you in advance.
Irina, it is necessary to remove the drain pipe from the washing machine and check the blockage.
Good afternoon. The smell is strong from the drum. The towels are washable and smell like mildew. Tell me what to do?
Anna, you need to wash an empty machine with soda and citric acid, take turns.
Hello, how much vinegar to pour ?
No more than 3 tablespoons.
Hello !! Washed new smelly pillows in the car, now the machine smells. What to do. thanks.
Valentine, it is necessary to carry out several programs (60-90 degrees) with soda instead of powder.
Thanks for the quick reply, but tell me how much soda you need and where to go to sleep (machine [links to external resources are prohibited] with a tank)
Sergey, soda is not more than 5 tablespoons, 2-3 programs at 90 degrees.
Good afternoon. please tell me, cleaned the citric acid washing machine, filled in 200 gr. into a drum and drove at a temperature of 95 degrees. The result was obvious. Since the machine was not counted for a long time, they decided to drive it out again and the procedure was repeated a day later. So, an unpleasant smell appeared from the drum, tell me how you can remove it. Thanks in advance.
Sergey, 200 grams of citric acid is a lot! You can now try to remove organic matter from the machine with soda so that there is no smell.
Hello. How to clean the rubber between the drum and the rubber? I just can’t get it out and clean it out. He is filming?
Nurkan, the cuff is removed if you remove the top cover and the front panel of the washing machine.
hello, my husband doused himself with gasoline at work, threw his clothes into the washing machine and washed it, now there is a terrible smell of gasoline and it is impossible to get rid of it, I ran the machine idle at a temperature of 60 degrees with powder, it did NOT help, tell me how you can remove this trouble ? Thanks in advance for your reply
Lina, good morning! It is necessary to run the program at 90 degrees, first with citric acid, then with soda. And so on until the smell of gasoline goes away. It’s not just the smell of gasoline, it’s the gasoline itself that has eaten into the hatch cuff, the pipes and all the rubber parts of the washing machine. In such cases, you first need to weather the things so that the gasoline evaporates, and then wash it. It will be very difficult to remove the smell.
Hello. I have a problem with the smell, a musty smell from the drum. I ventilate, wipe. I started a wash with Domestos, I treated the gum against mold with it. The smell did not go away. So I think with limnonic acid and soda and vinegar) to try, but I’m not sure I understood correctly. 2-3 packs of lime acid in the washing compartment, vinegar 3 tbsp. into the compartment for the air conditioner, maybe even a couple of spoons of soda in the drum? The machine is already 8-10 years old, for the first time. There are traces of mold, of course, but they have been for a long time, I have been periodically treating them, unless I changed the air conditioner, tried to unscrew the filter, clean it, it does not unscrew, you can see it stuck, maybe you can try to unscrew it after washing with hot water?
Anna, citric acid and vinegar are better to use separately, after all. One 90 degree program with citric acid, another 90 degree program with vinegar.
I drove the car with citric acid, and after that the smell of a rotten rag appeared. what could it be?
OLGa, “citric acid” has dissolved organic matter. It is necessary to wash with acid again.
Asya, the article describes methods using soda and vinegar.
thank you very much
For a quick and competent answer
I once washed the ropes in the washing machine, which smelled of oil, now the washing machine smells of oil, a lot of time has passed, the smell does not disappear, what can be done?
Alla, this is a very long time. Wash periodically at maximum temperature with vinegar or citric acid.
No, the water is normal, it smells only during water intake (I opened the tray to check)
Glebus, of course, but your tray itself is clean?
There is a smell when the machine draws water. What could be the reason? Hose?
Glebus, yes, check the inlet hose. And the water from the water supply itself does not have such a smell?
The hose I have is not in the sewer to be drained to produce a bath, I bought a new hose installed, well, tomorrow we’ll see how and what! It remains only to remove the drum completely and the ceramic heater
Alex, well, yes, only TEN and the drum remained, you have already changed everything else, there is nothing else to smell.
Only the cars are different and comfortable, I have in general the first time I figured out for three hours the top dreamed of the front, the events to change the pump must be disassembled, and others do not need to disassemble the whole machine! Remove the wall from the back, mount on 4 self-tapping screws and everything here is full access, but who knew that the time would come to disassemble it
The disassembly of the machine is one hour, the assembly is also one hour I watched on YouTube like what
Alex, the main thing when assembling is to connect everything as it was, it is better to photograph all the wire connections before disassembling
I’ve tried all remedies and lemon acid
And the option that because of the sewage system the smell was not considered? Maybe an anti-siphon valve will help you too.
I bought today the German tool MASCHINEN ENTKALKER 3.1 for 75 rubles, I’ll try as written if it doesn’t work out, then tomorrow I’ll disassemble the drum, I’m disassembling this machine for the second time in a month, the third I think
Alex, we are inclined to believe that MASCHINEN ENTKALKER 3.1, Antinakipin, CaLGon and other similar products are approximately the same in effectiveness as citric acid, vinegar or whiteness. Therefore, if they are significantly more expensive than usual, there is no point in overpaying.
In general, I tried everything, but did not touch the ten, and the smell on things remained in the washing machine, I changed air conditioners and powders. I changed the hoses, I cleaned the filters, but the drum did not understand what to do, the machine worked for 7 years, write to wattsap 79142023
Alexey, try running 1-2 washings with citric acid at maximum temperature with an empty drum.
Thank you very much for such a quick response! Our washing machine lasted 4 years, and there was no such problem with the sewer smell of the washed laundry. Could it be that after 4 years of proper operation, suddenly there was a throw of smell from the wastewater?
Svetlana, it may well be that your sewage system has become clogged in 4 years and this smell has appeared. Roughly speaking, if immediately after citric acid the smell reappears, then the reason should be sought not in the washing machine, but in the place where the drain occurs, that is, in the sewer. From there, the smell “comes” into the washing machine.
Hello! Can you please tell me how to eliminate the smell from the drum after washing the laundry? The washed laundry and the drum itself stink of sewage. Previously, I thoroughly washed the drain filter and powder distributor, dried it. A day later I started washing without laundry, with citric acid at 90 degrees. There was no smell from the drum after this procedure, but the smell reappeared the next time the laundry was washed.
Svetlana, we can advise you to put a check valve (antisiphon) to drain the machine into the sewer. You are most likely throwing odors and waste water from the sewer into the machine. Because of this, removing odors from the washing machine only helps temporarily.
Tell me, I changed the rubber cuff, the smell still remained and the Tubular Heater works only on one program at a rate of 40, change the thermostat or is it in the board? Thanks in advance.
Remove the Tubular Heater (water heater) of the washing machine and check the bottom of the tank, there may be a lot of dirt. At the same time, you can diagnose Tubular Heater.
Hello. Can you please tell me if you can pour soda and vinegar into the powder compartment at the same time to clean the car from an unpleasant smell. And vinegar needs 9%.
Maria, vinegar is acid, soda is alkali. Alkali neutralizes acid. We do not see the sense of simultaneously pouring into the washing machine.
Hello! I bought a descaler for washing machines. but in the method of application it is written that it is necessary to turn on the washing program at least 60 degrees (strictly without pre-washing), but in my car there is no such program. Available only with pre-wash cotton or synthetics 60 degrees. How to be? What program should I use??
Hope, choose 60 degrees synthetic.
Hello, closer to the end of my wash, water from under the typewriter starts to pour! What it could be and how to fix it?
Sergey, check if the drain filter of your washing machine is wrapped correctly. Also, maybe one of the drain pipes has leaked.
Can you please tell me, when washing, it smells very strongly of washing powder.
New machine Electrolux with vert. loading, what could be the reason? Thanks!
Sergey, you are pouring too much powder.
Daniel, we doubt in general the existence of such a remedy described by Paul. It’s amazing that he was able to see what was going on between the tank and the drum.
Good afternoon! Pavel throw off the photo or the name of the odor remedy in the typewriter
Irina. Paul cannot do this. Unfortunately this is not a forum.
Hello! The water has died out in the machine, how to get rid of the smell?
Daria. The article lists all possible safe ways to clean the machine from the smell.
Hello! I read a lot of questions and answers and still did not understand, citric acid and soda need to be poured separately from each other. Write the proportions again !! On the advice of the master, I ran the car without linen with citric acid 90 degrees. A terrible smell appeared. Now we need to get rid of him.
OLGa. Two tablespoons of each ingredient. Do not mix but in different programs.
Clear. Sorry, but soda and vinegar in one program or in different?
And put soda and vinegar in the powder compartment at the same time and in what proportions? thanks
Lily. The main thing here is not to overdo it. 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and vinegar per eye up to 5 tablespoons.
Good afternoon. Please tell me how to get rid of the smell in the washing machine (new) after washing my husband’s backpack. it was stained with an oil solution to lubricate some parts.
Lily. It is very difficult and takes a long time to get rid of oil. To do this, you need to run the wash several times at 90 degrees with soda and vinegar.
Hello. My washing machine smells like gasoline. Tell me how you can get rid of this smell. Tried vinegar did not help.
Ekaterina. It is necessary to use baking soda and citric acid, clean the cuff, because the main smell in it.
I also encountered this disgusting smell, the product helped, while I took off the cuff and watched what was happening in the machine, the laundry drum itself on the back was all green-yellow, bloom about 2mm, I cleaned what I could, the rest required something otherwise, because nothing can reach inside. I know from life experience that everything that was produced in Japan, and only there, everything works 100%, that on cars as in everyday life, well, I found a special tool, poured it straight into the drum as it was written, watched the process, the water turned yellow through 3 minutes of machine operation, then after draining I rinsed three more times in idle to remove all the debris, the result pleased, after washing the laundry with my wife, the smell in the machine was perfect, at first it smelled a little chlorine before washing, and the cuff looked fresher, inside the drum like the new one became, the plaque, as written in the instructions, was 99% removed, everything is clean, I will run it again in a month in the same way, for complete removal, but everything worked out this is the main thing. If anyone needs a photo I will send) write in a personal)
Paul. We are glad that everything worked out for you.
Hello. Buy a Japanese washing machine cleaner with a stroke of ko569, run the product in the machine for an intensive wash (no laundry), it will clean your machine by 99%, there will be no smell left or the cuff will not spoil, everything is purely perfect after cleaning. Japanese everything works. Checked personally.
Pavel, good afternoon! It would be curious to know the composition of this “miracle remedy”. But, in any case, we are glad that you managed to get rid of the smell in your washing machine.
Hello! I have such a problem: After washing, the laundry began to smell bad, noticed a rotten smell inside the washing machine, once heard that you can clean it with vinegar, poured 250 ml and set it to 1:20, at 95 degrees, drove it once and that’s it, it seemed to disappear, the next day there was a smell again, but less, I did it again as well, it seemed like everything was fine, after two days my wife decided to wash and smelled again, cleaned it with a descaler, our domestic for washing machines, does not help. (((( The question is, should I resort to cleaning with citric acid and soda. I really haven’t looked at the drain hose yet.
Igor. First, check the drain hose, then try to disassemble the machine and remove the Tubular Heater, to clean the inside of the tank through the hole for the Tubular Heater.
Hello. Tell me what could be the problem. I have a “rotten” smell appeared after cleaning with citric acid! I checked the filter. never smell before
Marina. The citric acid has dissolved all the organics that were on the Tubular Heater in your washing machine. It is necessary to do this operation several times with the addition of a couple of tablespoons of soda. It is imperative to put it not into the drum, but into the powder dispenser, because the rinsing process can simply drain your acid, and from the powder it will go to heating and washing.
Hello! Please tell me if cleaning with citric acid and soda should be done with a full wash cycle (wash-rinse) or wash alone is enough?
Thanks in advance.
Irina. Just washing is enough, but our workshop recommends that the next wash after cleaning is carried out without laundry, so that all the acid is drained. Rinsing. will be without heating and not all of the acid can be drained, which may damage the laundry in future washing.
Please tell me how to remove mold from the cuff? It is so ingrained and there is a lot of it (black spots and dots). Soda rubbed and did not wash. What other means are there.
The Bosch car is only three years old. The hatch door is almost always ajar.
Now the smell has appeared on things too. I am with citric acidé 15g. washed at 90 degrees. After that, two more times with vinegar. Added directly to the drum 250g. and also 90 degrees. The smell of rot is still there. How to get rid of the smell.
Tatiana, good afternoon! Tatyana, if there is already black mold in the cuff, then it is necessary to remove the cuff from the washing machine and rinse it with an anti-mold agent (for example, means based on copper sulfate). Black mold, rare rubbish, and you may never be able to get it removed.
Tell me the proportions of cleaning. Cleaned citric acid and there was a smell from the machine. Now how much citric acid and how much soda should you put in? And drive out together or separately?
Natalia. You can run together. 1-2 tablespoons of citric acid, and soda “to taste”.
Good afternoon! Tell me, please! On the advice of my friend, I drove the car with 400 grams of citric acid at 90 degrees, as a result of my, as I already understood, a stupid act, an extraneous creak or scrubbing in the machine began during the wash. What have I messed up? And now what i can do? thanks!
Oksana. Check if a creak occurs when the machine is turned off by rotating it by hand, in this case, something just got between the tank and the drum. If the creak is only on the spin, then the point is in the bearings.
Oksana! 400 grams of acid is a lot! Even so much powder is not poured into the machine
I ran the cycle at 90 degrees without linen with citric acid. about 50-70 grams. the smell is terrible! Then she stopped rinsing the water. In short, they called the master. the machine was taken for repair: bushing groove, replacement of bearings and oil seal, replacement of Tubular Heater, and they also promised to clean it up with Karcher along the way. Today they brought a car, the smell remained. very strong. The master claims that Karcher was cleaned. How can I determine at home whether they cleaned it or not? Why then did the smell remain.
Elena, hello! For the first time we hear that the machine is cleaned by Karcher (it’s like, in general, a jet of water is launched into the drum.). Better to cleanse citric acid at maximum temperature. In addition, following the care tips for your clipper can prevent odors.
Where is the advice?
Good afternoon! Tips for using acetic and citric acid.
Please tell me, can you remove the heater yourself or do you need to call a master? Your firm provides such services?
Alla. You can also remove it yourself by removing the top and front cover of your washing machine. You can call the master and for 2,500 he will disassemble the machine for you and clean everything inside.
Good afternoon. There is a smell in the washing machine. We did everything as you have written: citric acid at 95 degrees. Then soda and so on 4 times. The smell remained. Plus, if you put a pallez under the drum, a layer of sticky gray wet mud remains. We shine a flashlight into the drum and you can see that the inside is the same sticky mud. Can it be removed by running the machine several times, or is it necessary to call the master to remove the drum and clean it? thanks!
Alla. You can remove the water heater of the washing machine and clean it through the hole in its attachment. Such sticky dirt will be very difficult to remove with citric acid and alkali.
Value car new musty smell from the second wash. Smells from drum and powder tray. Tell me how to solve the issue?
Elena, good afternoon! Not quite sure what a value washing machine means? We tried to drive on the program with the maximum temperature and citric acid?
Good afternoon) please, tell me, add citric acid and soda to the powder tray or to the container for washing clothes?
Tatyana, pour citric acid straight into the drum.
I heard about the method: scroll 5-6 tablets for dishwashers in the washing machine. I tried it. I’m not thrilled. Maybe it’s bullshit.
Yurochka. Dishwasher tablets in the washing machine can dissolve the oxide layer and your washing machine will turn black.
To clean the car, I once drove it out with 100 g of citric acid. A terrible smell came from it. In the previous comments, I read your advice to run “90 degree programs with citric acid and soda several times.” citric acid and soda at the same time? Thanks in advance…
Agatha. Both citric acid and soda must be placed separately. For one citric acid program, for another run soda. 100 g citric acid is a lot.
Yesterday with citric acid I drove the car at 90 degrees, after that a terrible smell appeared. Tell me what needs to be done now: drive it out again with citric acid or soda, or is it harmful so often, and is it possible to combine citric acid with soda,
Hope. The smell is caused by the dissolution of organic matter between the tank and the drum. This often happens when the washing machine has never been cleaned, and then decided. Now you need to drive the machine several times with a small amount of citric acid.
I washed things, but they stink, as if they were rotten, and the washing machine stinks just as much as to be? You write that you need to drive it into a “blank” washing machine at 90 degrees, so all the same with citric acid and baking soda, or citric acid with vinegar? And in what proportion is needed? thanks.
Alla. Here the basic principle is. better less, but several times to “drive away”. 2 tablespoons of citric acid and 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda.
Tell me, is washing at the maximum temperature not harmful for rubber parts, and even with citric acid? I won’t ruin anything?
Svetlana. Acid and alkali dissolves only organic matter. Vinegar in plastic bottles does not corrode the bottle.
Hello. At the laundry, after washing. the smell of dampness. The machine itself does not smell. The lid is always open (vertical loading). I realized that I needed to drive it to the blank with citric acid. Further, if the smell remains, what else can be done?
Anna. Can be “chased” several times with citric acid and vinegar.
Not long ago I drove 90 degrees with vinegar after that, there was already a smell what should I do now, tell me
Elmira. The smell comes from organic decay. it is necessary to run with citric acid and vinegar, or remove the water heater and mechanically clean the bottom of the washing machine.
Ekaterina. We were glad to help you!
Hello! And if the highest temperature is 60. how many times should you turn an empty typewriter and how many things should you put? There seems to be no smell in the typewriter, but things began to smell awful for a couple of weeks (. But for some reason, not everything, but only a towel and bed linen (a very pungent smell when moisture gets in) Thank you.)
Ekaterina. At 60 degrees, it is better to use 50 grams of citric acid and a couple of tablespoons of vinegar.
the washing machine is periodically boiled with citric acid, but since the quality of the water and even the powders are not very good, it came to disassemble the machine and clean the tray itself from the inside. After all, what is happening inside is a quiet horror.
If in doubt, see for yourself [links to external resources are prohibited]
Sergei. Indeed, parts of things and organic matter decompose inside the washing machine tank. Lye and acid can eat it all away if used properly.
Hello, a 13-year-old car has never been cleaned by anyone, I once drove it away with citric acid. A terrible smell came from it, what to do next? Thanks in advance.
Tatyana. It is necessary to run several times “programs of 90 degrees with citric acid and soda.
Hello. Today we moved into a new apartment, I saw a couple of very small insects crawling in the washing machine. and inside, not on the drum, but on the circumference there is black speckled. besides, a disgusting smell. I thought it wasn’t used for a long time and threw the duvet cover to wash unnecessary…. It didn’t help. What to do? thanks.
Khabib. If the machine has not been used for a long time, then it is necessary to disassemble it and rinse it thoroughly. Try running the 90-degree program with citric acid and baking soda a couple of times.
Thank you for your consultation. Apparently 50 grams of citric acid, this small dose
Basil. Lots of acid, nothing good either. Better a little, but several times.
Perfect cuff, absolutely clean.
“You need to check if there are any particles left inside the tank of your washing machine.”. How ?
And yet, I read about the tablets for the “dishwasher”
Can I throw them into the drum, and sprinkle soda behind the powder for effect? And in general, does it help?
Basil. It won’t help. If citric acid has not dissolved, then try citric acid again and make.
The tank must be disassembled by removing the cuff and checking the gap between the tank and the drum. You can also take out the Tubular Heater and check through its hole.
Well then I have one more question for you.
I chased away with citric acid, literally 20 minutes ago, the smell in the drum still remained.
What else can you do? What else would you recommend effective?
Basil. It is necessary to check if there are any particles left inside the tank of your washing machine. Parts could stick to the Tubular Heater and not wash off. Also, check if the inside of the hatch cuff is moldy.
Good afternoon. The machine has been operating for the third year already, we periodically clean the filter and powder receptacle. Practically all these years we wash in the “fast 30” 30-40 degrees.
There was a smell in the drum itself.
Now I bought citric acid, set the mode: “cotton 95 degrees” The glass of the machine is hot, it burns my hand. This is a normal process?
ZY For the first time there is such a regime, with such a temperature
Basil. Of course, a temperature of 95 degrees is like a kettle. Do not worry about this. this is normal.
Hello. A terrible smell from the washing machine. I washed the clothes and it began to stink of damp and rotten stuff. I wash my machine for 10 months often. Tell me what to do.
Good afternoon! Run your washing machine on a 90 degree program with baking soda and citric acid. Be sure to flush the sunroof cuff.
Thank you very much!
It was nice to be useful to you.
Hello! Please tell me why my things stink of dampness, especially Polocens. The washing machine does not stink from what may be?
Most likely, nevertheless, something decomposes in the washing machine tank. Also check the sewerage system, maybe odors get out of it when draining.
Alexander. We were glad to help you!
Hello! How to remove the smell of gasoline from a car?
Alexander. The smell of gasoline and engine oils is very difficult to remove. oil products are very greasy and poorly washed off. We recommend running the washing machine at 90 degrees with a little faerie several times to dissolve the oil.
Hello, thank you very much for your advice! God bless you.
Good afternoon! Please tell me, the affected laundry, from the whole wash one thing is sticky and smells like rotten. From what it can be. There is no smell in the machine. Could it be from an air conditioner? The machine is 9 months old, I wash it every day, several times a day.
Milena. you need to check the bearing of your washing machine. The oil seal may have worn out and oil got into the drum during washing.
Good afternoon. The other day my machine broke down, called the master. We replaced the heater, removed the debris from the drum. The machine is already 10 years old. The master advised to drive at maximum temperature with citric acid, which I did. After that, there was a terrible stench from the car. Do I need to repeat the procedure or do something else? The machine was completely disassembled!
Svetlana. You can run your washing machine again with citric acid and soda. citric acid dissolved some of the organic matter and a smell appeared. Just don’t overdo it with citric acid.
Good afternoon! Can you please tell me how long does zanussi italian wash at 95 degrees? Lost documents when moving. She turned on the machine, it washed for 3 hours and became very hot, it was impossible to touch the glass on the door. I got scared, deciding that the machine had malfunctioned and put it into drain mode. Is this normal? Thank you very much in advance!
Good afternoon! The glass in the washing machine should not be heated to a temperature that cannot be carried by the hand. Most likely a malfunction in the temperature sensor or water heater (Tubular Heater).
Hello! And we have such a problem: we bought a house in which the water is not supplied and while the water is being supplied, I pour water into the machine myself through the tray where the powder is poured. The machine began to exude an unpleasant odor and it turned out that the water that I was pouring in did not heat up. How do I clean my car?
Good afternoon! First you need to solve the problem with heating the water. It will be unrealistic to clean it without water at 90 degrees.
Hello! There is a strong smell of gasoline in the typewriter, because I washed my father’s work pants. What to do. It’s scary to wash other things. Suddenly they will absorb the smell. Is it possible to drive out a car with citric acid? How many times? In what proportion? And isn’t it harmful to do this several times in a row?
Good afternoon. Turn on the citric acid and baking soda machine with a 90 degree presoak. Proportions. 3-4 tablespoons of citric acid and 2-3 tablespoons of soda tablespoons).
Hello! Tell me what to do. we drove the machine idle at 95 ° with a special tool (there is obviously some acid in the composition). Means, however, poured more than indicated in the instructions. I thought that butter would not spoil the porridge. So, now out of the car is awful. It stinks of TUKHLYATINA, not swamp. The tank stinks in the very, and just how rotten there is something. Is there anything you can do about it?
Natalia. Most likely, something organic has dissolved. You can do this with these. Disassemble the front of the machine and remove all drain pipes for cleaning. Means, cannot smell.
Tubular Heater prophylaxis and cleaning, what do you say to that? And how often should you do it?
There was an unpleasant smell in the car, more like burning. I removed the back wall, the wires are intact, everything seems to be in order. I decided to take out the Tubular Heater, and he was wearing a “fur coat” and still wearing a spacesuit. Cleaned, set.
Here is a question in this connection 🙂
Timur. An ordinary user cannot perform such an operation. It is enough to use a little citric acid every six months.
Hello. I decided to clean the machine with vinegar, a smell appeared and it smells from the tray too. already wasted 95 degrees and still the smell remained. That I just didn’t try. What to do?
Alyona. The smell of vinegar can last for a long time up to 4-5 washes in plastic.
Good afternoon. Please tell me what to do, we were on vacation, a pipe burst in the bathroom and everything was flooded. The machine also got water and it stood full of water for 3 weeks. The water was drained, the machine works, but it “stinks” terribly (I can’t find another word) with musty dampness. Thank you very much in advance)))
Tanyusha. This can only be fixed by thoroughly rinsing and drying the machine. then on a 90-degree program with citric acid and soda. The smell will take a very long time to come out, because very confined space.
Hello. An odor appears in the machine, from the powder tray, when collecting water. And if you rinse the tank with citric acid and soda, what is the proportion? thanks.
Andrew. Citric acid is not more than c tablespoons. As much soda as you like.
Thanks for the advice. And how much lemon. acid and how much soda to use?
Soda, as much as necessary. citric acid no more than 2 tablespoons.
When the machine starts up and starts collecting water, a smell of rotten water appears. No smell when off.
The smell is felt in the area of the machine itself, i.e. not from the side of the sewer, the insert into which is located 2m from the machine. How to get rid of the smell.
Ainura. Most likely, a lot of laundry residues and dirt have accumulated in the machine’s tank. We recommend running the program 90 degrees with citric acid and baking soda.
Thanks, we’ll wait.
Yes, they did, but the rear legs had to be removed for alignment.
Nikolay. Then, they could just rub the brushes and the smell will pass.
Hello! Brand new car. The first wash gave off a burning smell, but no wiring. What could be? What to do?
Nikolay. Check if you have removed the transit bolts at the rear. These bolts are needed for transporting the washing machine so that the drum does not hit the tank.
Hello! Tell me, please, how to get the smell out of the machine. I washed my husband’s work clothes, there was a salary coat on my pants. The smell from the car is terrible. I put it on 90 degrees, washed it in vain with powder, the smell did not go away.
Irina. Try the 90-degree wash program with vinegar and citric acid. And this must be done 3-4 times.
Hello, I have such a problem with the washing machine: in the laundry compartment itself, it doesn’t seem to smell like anything, maybe only a little, but after washing, I take out the laundry it smells like stuff like sewage roofing felts, an unpleasant and awful smell. The machine has been operating for two years now, but it has been used only a year somewhere, the first six months were used then a year stood, there was an apartment renovation, and now, too, for about six months we use it, and here you are. the LG machine, maybe this is due to the fact that we have it with drying, but I rarely use drying, mostly downy clothes with drying, I wash it, I haven’t used it for a long time, that’s the function. Here I cleaned the drum, so there were some scraps of incomprehensible roofing felts in the drum the fibers are dirty, or the paper is dirty, gray dirty color. tell me what to do?
Yulia. Drying has nothing to do with it. if you do not use the washing machine for a long time, then smells from the sewer and particles of clothing in the tank of the machine begin to rot. Now the first thing you need to do is to “drive at 90” the machine with citric acid and vinegar to dissolve the particles. If this does not help, then it is necessary to partially disassemble the machine, remove the front panel and remove all drain pipes for further rinsing.
Hello. I decided to clean the machine with citric acid, after which a smell appeared inside the machine. not strong. but it bothers me, the machine is 5 years old, I haven’t cleaned it before. I ran it 2 times with citric acid and just with powder, without laundry, at high temperature, the smell did not go away, I checked everything for blockages, the filter is clean, what to do?
Larissa. This is either a clogged drain pipe inside the machine, or a Tubular Heater (water heater).
Hello, I read all the comments but still did not understand with what proportion to pour citric acid with vinegar and in which compartments, there are different comments everywhere.
Denis. citric acid, you can pour 2-3 tablespoons. Vinegar 1-2 tablespoons. Fill in the main wash compartment.
Good evening! My typewriter smells bad. Washed without a dishwasher, used CaLGon
Nazerke. We recommend that you “run” the wash program at 90 degrees with citric acid.
Hello, I bought Losk Aktiv Gel liquid laundry detergent, I used it for the first time, before I used only powders. After washing Losk, the machine began to smell strongly of the perfume of this gel. I tried to drive it out with citric acid, but the smell did not go away. I changed it to powder. no changes happened. I keep the machine closed because the smell spreads throughout the apartment. What should I do?
Irina, good afternoon! Nothing but a repeated “run” of washing at 60-90 degrees will not help remove the smell. Chemistry smells and is absorbed into plastic and rubber parts quite quickly.
Hello. I have a terrible sewage stench when my washing machine is running. Clothes smell too. How to get rid of? Today I poured 2 bottles of acetic acid and put them on idle at 60 degrees. I read your tips and was upset. did I harm with such large proportions.
Galina, good evening! Of course, such a high concentration should not be abused when washing the washing machine. Try to check if anything is caught between the tank and the drum of the machine. It can smell too.
Thank you very good advice. I myself try to observe all this and take care of the machine. Also at one time there was a smell, I began to add CaLGon, wipe the machine dry after washing and leave it to air. The wash is clean and fresh now.
OLGa. We are glad that our advice helped you.
Hello. Please tell me, we have an automatic machine when it finishes washing the melody clicks the door hard twice, the child is afraid when she does that. Tell me this is how it should be or is there a problem with the door? LG machine. Clicks right away as set.
To check, you need to call the wizard. The door should be unlocked without loud sounds.
Come on, please. I bought a car. I bought a car. The black mold was not washed on the rhizin. It was awful. What to do.
Most likely, black mold will not work without removing the hatch cuff and boiling it.
Hello! Please tell me, the machine is already 5 years old, it washes perfectly. But a month ago, a smell appeared inside the washing machine itself, in the drum. Smell of dampness or mold. The tray is clean, I always leave it to dry after washing, the drum is also open. I bow that there is a problem somewhere in the hose. Is it possible? What can you tell me to do?
Evgenia, good afternoon!
The first thing to do is to wash without laundry at the highest temperature in your washing machine. But instead of powder, pour 2 tablespoons of citric acid and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. If the smell does not pass, then it is necessary to remove the water drain hose and rinse it thoroughly.
There is a strong chemical smell (vaguely reminiscent of ragweed bloom) when I catch my breath. The smell does NOT come from the insides of the drum (if you sniff after opening the door, then nothing). but if you remove the back cover and smell it, it hits the nose. The motor can be seen (melting is not visible anywhere on the wiring) the plastic body of the drum is visible and from somewhere it smells strongly of chemistry. What could it be? The smell intensifies daily.
Yuri, good evening!
Most likely, your brushes or the contacts of the electric motor brushes are already burning. It is necessary to check their wear. If the embers of the brushes are less than 3 cm, then replacement with new ones is necessary.
Hello! Can whey be used in a machine? If yes, what concentration is acceptable?
We do not recommend using whey in the washing machine.
Thanks for the answer. Can you please tell me in what proportions vinegar and citric acid? And what kind of vinegar (food grade 9%, 70%, apple cider, wine)? And what to fill and fill in which tray? To be sure) thanks)
citric acid can be a whole pack. 10 g. Vinegar should be no more than 10% solution.
Hello! I decided to start cleaning the washing machine. I started with the detergent drawer. or less cleaned. I read on the Internet that a machine can be cleaned well with citric acid. I decided to try it. I did not understand whether the machine was cleaned or not. but now there is a smell. Terrible and strong. And I decided to clean the machine, because after washing, water remained in the tray with detergent. Please tell me what to do?
Marina, good afternoon!
Try rinsing your washing machine again with a vinegar / citric acid solution. Select the program at the maximum temperature.
Hello! We started using the machine at the end of November 2014 and bought it in June. And almost immediately, I noticed that the laundry smells strange after washing. At first I thought, maybe it seems so, but each time the smell becomes stronger and stronger. Now we just can’t stand the smell! Although I wash it often, both at 30-40 ° C and at 60 ° C, it does not disappear anywhere. Can samsung machines have such a disease? And I will definitely try to start citric acid and vinegar at 95 ° C.
The first wash is carried out at the factory and usually this water is drained! BUT! It happens that it is not drained, so this water could turn out and smell because of this. If, after purchasing and installing it, you used it 1 time and did not turn it on again, then the water that remained in the machine is rotten, this is more true. citric acid and vinegar to help you!
Hello, how many milliliters and grams of vinegar and citric acid should I add?
Gulmira, good afternoon!
Vinegar must be added. 1 teaspoon, and citric acid. 2-3 tablespoons. But this must be done without LINEN and clothes. Otherwise citric acid and vinegar will corrode the fabric!
I washed my clothes soiled with diesel fuel, well, diesel fuel and I can’t wash the machine, this unpleasant smell remained how to eliminate it, please tell me who knows?
Washing with vinegar and citric acid may help. But be warned, it is very difficult to wash off diesel fuel and engine oil.
Hello! There is a strong smell of smoked items in the washing machine drum. When the machine washes, the smell gets stronger. What could be the reason and how to get rid of the smell?
Natalia, good afternoon!
First you need to flush the drain pump and filter. Second, you need to check the Tubular Heater of your washing machine. Over time, it burns out and the burning smell may be from it. To do this, remove it from the machine to check for damage.
Hello. I got a typewriter that I haven’t used for a long time. She had a bad smell. I was told that there was water in the drain, it began to go out. What to do with this smell now?
To remove the extinct smell in the washing machine, you can try to remove it by pouring citric acid into the powder compartment, and a vinegar solution into the compartment with air conditioning. Then start the program at maximum temperature without laundry. These solutions will help remove unpleasant odors in the washing machine.!
Hello. I use the washing machine about once a week. When starting the machine (as soon as it starts to collect water), a sewer smell appears. Then he disappears. In other cases, there is no smell from anywhere. If you wash it several times a day, then there is no smell either. I follow the machine: after each wash, I thoroughly wipe everything, keep the door open, regularly carry out prophylaxis with citric acid, or special. means. Basically I wash at 40 degrees. 90 minutes each, I rarely change the brand of powder, sometimes I add soda ash to the drum during washing to soften the water. My question is: Why does this smell appear? Thanks in advance.
The reason that you get an odor when drawing water (with proper care of the cuvette) may be due to the general sewage system, and the fact that the drainage from the washing machine is not made through the “KNEE”. We recommend that you clean the sewer hose of the washing machine, and the sewer itself!
Hello. Please tell me how much will it cost to clean the machine and replace the rubber circle on it? thanks.
Natalia, good afternoon!
The circle on the washing machine, apparently you mean the HATCH CUFF. For different brands and models of washing machines, the cost of the cuff varies greatly. On average, the cost of replacing the cuff is from 2,500 to 5,000 rubles.
The “tap” indicator is off, disconnecting from the network did not help. If it is necessary to change the valve you specified, what is the cost of the part and repair?
Oleg, good afternoon!
The cost of replacement (full including work and spare parts) ELECTRONIC WATER SUPPLY VALVE. 3,500 rubles.
There are two problems in the BOSH maxx 5 washing machine
1. The conditioner does not come out of the conditioner tray, everything remains in the tray. There is a hole (inside the cylindrical column in the compartment for the air conditioner), but apparently the density of the air conditioner is higher and it does not rise so much.
2. The powder is poorly washed off during washing, many stains from the powder remain on dark and colored laundry. You have to immediately grab an additional rinse after each wash.
What could be the problem?
Good afternoon, Oleg!
1. The consistency and density of the softener does not affect its draining during washing. Therefore, the reason is most likely hidden in the incorrect operation of the ELECTRONIC WATER SUPPLY VALVE, which may be the cause of your second problem. Water enters the machine under pressure in the water supply. Bosch Max 5 has several valve streams, perhaps it opens them incorrectly.
2. Poorly washed off powder, indicates that either the VALVE or the CONTROL BOARD (SYMISTOR) is faulty.
And also a weak water pressure in the water supply cannot be ruled out. Look, if during the wash you have the “CRANE” indicator on, then the pressure is less than 2.5 Atm and this can be the cause of both malfunctions. If the pressure is normal, then try to disconnect the machine from the power supply for 20-30 minutes to restart the programs.
When washing clothes on a Bosch Maxx 6 WOT20254OE washing machine at t 60s, there is a smell of like burning insulation. The socket is not hot. Is it normal?
You will read about why there can be a smell and smoke from the washing machine in the article. The smell of burning or smoke in the washing machine? How to remove? It can be both a drain pump and a Tubular Heater (water heater), or electric motor brushes. Observe exactly what period there is a burning smell!
Proper maintenance guarantees fresh laundry
No one wants to wear clothes that give off a heavy spirit, because washed clothes will completely take on the musty smell that accumulates in the washing machine over several years.
Even the best model must be able to properly care for so that a similar problem does not arise.
Linen, washed, but not taken out of the drum immediately, after a couple of hours will be saturated with “aroma” and there will be no talk of freshness. It is advisable to immediately remove the washed items from the machine, but first of all, you need to figure out why there is a bad smell from the washing machine.
How to remove an unpleasant odor in a washing machine
The purchase of an expensive washing machine is not a guarantee that now you will always have wonderfully washed laundry with a fresh smell.
For many, the unpleasant smell from the washing machine is a very long problem, which they do not know how to solve. How to remove the smell from the washing machine. this is the question asked by the hostesses, in most cases they themselves are to blame for the existing problem.
When unpleasant odors appear
Most often, this smell appears in the second or third year of operation. Therefore, everyone who has just recently bought an automatic washing machine should learn to take care of it constantly from the very first days of its operation:
- It is necessary to make sure that the moisture remaining after washing evaporates. after the laundry has been taken out, you just need to close the door, but do not click it. This can prevent the appearance of mold both in the unit itself and in the room where it is located.
- Never store dirty laundry in the drum, as the smell will very easily transfer to the machine. There are special baskets for this. This is the most common reason that the smell from the washing machine becomes too tangible.
- An elementary replacement of one type of washing powder with another will help remove the problem that was precisely this.
- The maximum amount of rinse aid can also be source of trouble.
- If too dirty things are washed, then the remnants of garbage may well remain, which will certainly lead to a problem.
This problem is not always only due to the fact that the washing machine was taken care of incorrectly, but technical problems may simply take place:
- There may be problems with the process of heating the water when its temperature does not correspond to the set mode. This can be checked by turning on the machine without laundry at the maximum temperature. Call the master faster.
- A technician will also help if the problem comes from the hose. The drain hose needs to be replaced with a new one.
- Check if all the water drains out after washing? The smell from the washing machine can be musty water. It is necessary to make the connection to the sewer professional, check at the same time the filter, which, if not cleaned for a long time, can be this source.
- If the heating element is not descaled, then dirt can also accumulate on it, which begins to rot. To know how to remove odor from your washing machine, you just need to clean the Tubular Heater.
- Many people know how to clean a washing machine with citric acid. This is an effective way to cleanse, but the loose pieces of dirt not all come out and can settle and therefore will cause a bad smell. I need to clean up again.
How to get rid of the smell in the washing machine. now it no longer seems too much of a problem if the source is found. It will not be difficult for a real owner to overcome it, and women should only wish that such problems do not arise again in the future.
Unpleasant odor in the washing machine: how to get rid?
Both old and new washing machines can smell. And it’s not always the scent of plastic or chemistry. Sometimes the machine smells from the washing machine very strongly, how to get rid of the mustiness? First, determine the cause of the unpleasant odor. After that, it will be easier to figure out how to eliminate the smell from the washing machine.
Fight the smell in the washing machine in any case. After all, the musty smell in it is transmitted to the things that you want to clean. This is no good at all, because everyone wants to get a wash with a fresh pleasant aroma.
Unpleasant odor in the washing machine, how to get rid of: preventive measures
How to remove odor from washing machine? First, take preventive measures. Always try to ventilate the tank of the car and thoroughly wash all its sections at least once a week.
Make sure the inside of the washing machine is dry. If it is wet all the time, mold may develop in it. This is a fungus, the spores of which will literally float in the air. Also pay attention to the rubber bands. Mold often appears on them. Wipe them once a week with a product that prevents the appearance of fungus. This will keep the gum clean and long-lasting as it will not be affected by mold.
Do not store dirty items in the tub of the washing machine. They exude an unpleasant odor and transmit it to the technician. In addition, if the tank is full of things, it will never be able to ventilate.
Use only good powders. Also, do not forget about special equipment that helps to take care of the equipment.
Do a wash with the hottest water possible once a month. In this case, the duration of the wash should also be maximum. In this way, you ensure good drum disinfection. This should remove odors. If you do not have a wash that is suitable for this mode, you can start the washing machine and empty.
Make sure that the drain hose is connected correctly. If you cannot do it yourself, call a master. He will quickly do everything as it should be.
If all these measures did not help, then your machine needs to be thoroughly cleaned. Read about how to do this and how to remove the smell in the washing machine in the next section. There we will write the most common ways to solve the problem.
Why the washing machine smells bad?
Why does the washing machine start to smell unpleasant? This happens for the following reasons:
- If you don’t ventilate the tank. The fact is that after washing it is not completely dry. Fungi and bacteria immediately begin to develop in the remaining water. They have a discharge that stinks unpleasantly. To prevent this from happening, it is important to leave the machine tank open after washing.
- Powder residues sometimes cause unpleasant odors. They also develop whole colonies of microbes. This usually happens with low-quality powder, which dissolves very poorly in water. Also, the cause of the appearance of residues may be an excess of washing powder in the machine. Do not pour too much of it, it does not benefit washing.
- Insufficient care of the washing machine. It sometimes needs to be washed. Clean the detergent drawer and even the drain hose. These are all places where various contaminants can accumulate. They give off an unpleasant odor. If you regularly look after your washing machine, this will not happen.
- The washing temperature is not high enough. This is also important. If you always put things on a lower temperature wash cycle, your machine will likely start to smell. This is due to the fact that microbes on clothes and in the tank will not die in not hot enough water.
- Incorrect installation of the drain hose also causes unpleasant odors. The fact is that there must be a bend before it is connected to the sewer. It allows water to pass through and blocks odors from all over the large sewer. If the bend has not been made, all the unpleasant “odors” of the common sewer through the hose will get into your bathroom.
- Stagnant water in the tank. Sometimes, if the washing machine is incorrectly connected, the tub is too wet after washing. There is a lot of water left there. It does not dry out, but after a while it begins to acquire an unpleasant odor. How to remove the smell from the washing machine in such a situation? Just call the master to reconnect the equipment, but already correctly. By removing stagnant water, you will also remove an unpleasant odor.
Knowing all these nuances, you can prevent an unpleasant phenomenon, as well as understand how to get rid of the smell in the washing machine.
We clean the equipment: how to get rid of the smell in the washing machine quickly
How to get rid of the smell in the washing machine if preventive measures do not help? Try to remove scale and germs from your appliances. For this:
- Pour 100 grams of citric acid powder into the drum of the machine and add half a liter of table vinegar to it.
- Do your wash at 90 degrees water temperature.
- Perform another wash cycle, but with soda;
- Turn on rinse mode.
These steps will remove limescale deposits on the Tubular Heaters of the washing machine. It will also help remove odor. Most likely, this method will help you. After that, you will only need to maintain the effect obtained with preventive measures.
You can use dishwasher tablets instead of baking soda. The effect will be the same.
If you get a moldy smell in your washing machine, how do you get rid of it? The above method can fix this problem, but not always. How to remove the smell from the washing machine if the use of citric acid and soda was not effective? You can use stronger remedies. This is a sewer cleaner or chlorine bleach. Just do not try to use them at the same time, since at high temperatures, chlorine in them can be released and turn into a pure poison. Its smell will be even worse than the one in your car. In addition, such chlorine can be hazARDOus to residents. You can remove odors from your washing machine by using chlorine bleach first and then a sewer cleaner. Rinse out the washing machine tub between using these products. This cleaning method is serious and effective.
It is also important to clean the drain hose. Over time, a lot of silt accumulates in it. It contains buttons, threads, and fabric particles. All this sour and rotting constantly. It is no longer possible to rinse the hose during the wash process. Microbes begin to multiply actively there. They provoke the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
Sometimes the hose is too old and difficult to clean. How to remove the smell from the washing machine in this case? You can simply replace the hose with a new one that won’t stink. Sometimes it’s worth doing.
How to remove the smell from the washing machine if none of the measures helped? If you have washed everything and the smell still remains, you may have been looking for it in the wrong place. Sometimes the cause of a stench or a moldy smell is a dirty detergent duct into the tank. It means that it also needs to be washed. There are two ways to do this. First, put some citric acid in the powder container and wash. After that, arm yourself with a brush and mechanically rinse the channel for supplying detergent. You can use citric acid or baking soda for this. After the operation, flush the canal well. This can be done by simply washing something.
If your washing machine stinks even more after cleaning, don’t panic. It happens. It’s just that the products have softened the dirt inside the equipment. Just rinse the clipper one more time with citric acid and rinse. After that, the smell will definitely go away.
You should also use special additives for powders, which will prevent odors in the machine and the appearance of limescale. These products do not cost very much money, they are available, so they should be purchased so that the problem of odor in the washing machine does not even arise.
Try to alternate high and low temperature washes. If the technique only works with lukewarm water, it will start to stink. In hot water, microbes die, but in warm water they begin to multiply even faster than in cold water.
We hope that from our article you have understood how to eliminate the smell in the washing machine.