Preparing for repair
Note that sufficient space is required to complete the work. You will have to completely disassemble the machine, while removing additional equipment. Then you will need to get the tank, divide it and pull out the drum. Consider these points before starting the repair.
Repaired washing machine
Important! First of all, we disconnect the machine from electricity and sewage. And also we disconnect the inlet hose, having previously shut off the water supply through it to avoid flooding.
The work will be carried out on an LG washing machine with a Direct Drive system with a 7 kg load of linen. This model has a steam cycle, but this does not affect anything. You just have to dismantle the additional element. The device of other models is the same.
- Slotted. cruciform. as well as Torx screwdrivers.
- Ratchet wrenches.
- Penetrating grease type WD-40.
Note that there are specialized bearing pullers. But. For a one-time repair, acquiring them has no practical meaning. Therefore, we use a hammer and a metal drift, which can be taken as a chisel. This is the best option.
Let’s start with the oil seal. We pry it off with a strong screwdriver and pull it off. If it doesn’t work right off the bat, then soak it in a penetrating lubricant.
Then we knock out the outer bearing. We put the tank on a stand and strike with a hammer, moving the drift in a circle. As a rule, this is the easiest dismantling.
Then we remove the inner one in the same way. In case of difficulties, we use VD-40. This procedure is quite loud, so it can be transferred to the street so as not to irritate neighbors.
Important! When dismantling, it is allowed to hit the inner rim of the bearing. During installation. absolutely impossible!
Installed new bearing
We clean and dry the seat and proceed with the installation of a new repair kit. We carry out the work in the reverse order. We put the oil seal last. Before installing it, we apply grease to the skirt, as well as the internal spring. For convenience, we use old bearings, cleaned from oil and dirt. That is, we hit them. This will avoid skewing during installation.
It is recommended to fix the gland with glue or self-tapping screws.
After cleaning the tank, inspect the shaft carefully, especially the stuffing box seat. LG is the only one who has this part made of stainless steel. In the event that the repair is carried out long after the beginning of the destruction of the bearings, this place can be damaged by rust. With minor flaws, the situation can be corrected with fine sandpaper. If there is significant damage, then a boring is required, or an additional ring fit. In this case, an oil seal with a different standard size is selected.
Online diagnostics of the washing machine
If your machine has stopped washing or rinsing clothes normally, then some kind of malfunction has occurred or a breakdown has occurred. You can try to find the problem yourself.
Select which operation your washing machine does not perform:
Does not drain 2. Does not rotate the drum 3. Does not spin the laundry 4. Noises, knocks, hums during spinning 5. Does not turn on
- Plastic ties.
- High temperature silicone.
- Thread lock.
Repair kit for our model WD-14379TD:
- Oil seal 37769.5 / 12.
- Bearings. 6305 and 6306.
- Washing machine grease.
I work in the field of household appliances repair. Extensive experience in refurbishing washing machines and dishwashers.
In the end, all the work will be wasted. And she is not so easy. The proven brand option is SKF. Several factories in different countries, while the quality is the same. The brand is Swedish. For other models, the parameters of spare parts can be selected according to the correspondence table.
Replacing drum bearings in LG direct drive washing machine at home
Consider replacing a bearing on a LG washing machine with your own hands at home. Washing machines of LG brand have established themselves as reliable and unpretentious, while possessing a stylish design that many consumers like. But even such washers are prone to breakdowns. One of them is the wear of the drum bearings. And as a result. increased noise in the spinning mode, sometimes becoming such a roar that further operation becomes unbearable. In this case, a replacement is required.
I work in the field of household appliances repair. Extensive experience in refurbishing washing machines and dishwashers.
- Preparing for repair
- Dismantling the LG washing machine
- Replacing bearings
- Assembling the LG washing machine
- LG washing machine catalog
Assembling the LG washing machine
Installing the front panel
When connecting the tank, it is recommended to apply high-temperature sanitary silicone to the joint to eliminate possible leaks due to deformation of the rubber gasket.
All steps for assembling the washing machine are performed in the reverse order and do not cause any difficulties.
- When disassembling, you can sequentially photograph the stages.
- All screws and screws are screwed back. This will avoid confusion.
Dismantling the LG washing machine
The design of LG washing machine models is quite convenient for the implementation of bearing replacement work. Let’s consider the necessary step-by-step actions. Note that some of them can be performed in a different sequence. This is not so important. So:
- Remove the top cover after unscrewing the two screws at the back. You can lightly hit the front with your palm to release the latches.
Top view with cover removed
Laundry detergent tray
Unscrew the screws securing the control panel
Electronic module chips
Water level sensor
Filler valves, in this case triple, which is rare
Steam wash unit
Drain pump cover and emergency drain hose
Left self-tapping screw securing the front panel of the case
The right screw securing the front panel of the case
Drain pump with volute
Front view without panel and counterweights
Attaching shock absorbers to the body
Stop bushings for mounting shock absorbers
Now you need to split it. To do this, unscrew all the screws around the joint. We use an extension with a ratchet for a socket wrench. Disconnect the half and pull out the drum. If the machine has been making noise for a long time, then the shaft could stick to the bearings due to rust.
In this case, we’ll use a hammer. We will first apply penetrating grease type WD-40 to facilitate dismantling. The shaft must not be hit. Therefore, we will screw the screw back in, and strike through the wooden plank with a hammer.
We clean the surfaces of the tank and drum from dirt, scale and deposits, as well as the junction.
I work in the field of household appliances repair. Extensive experience in refurbishing washing machines and dishwashers.
If you have pressing questions, then ask them in the comments.
Errors that are often made during dismantling and replacing a bearing
Inexperienced craftsmen often make serious mistakes in the process of disassembling and assembling the device, which leads to the final breakdown of the unit.
- Break in the wiring of the sensor that is responsible for locking the door.
- Damage to the pulley surface caused by tools during dismantling.
- Violation of the integrity of the rusted thread.
- Broken drain pipe.
- When knocking out a bearing with a hammer, the drum often becomes unusable.
We will start the analysis from the side panel (right), because this is where the pulley is located.
After dismantling all fasteners, you must open the side panel.
Now you need to remove the support to free the pulley. If the fasteners are corroded, it can be difficult to remove them, so you will need the help of a partner.
Now it is necessary to remove the remaining traces of corrosion. This is necessary in order to see in which direction the bearing is being removed.
Now you need to take two screwdrivers and place them on the sides of the mechanism.
Now you need to get the oil seal. It is impossible to detach the bearing from the support here, so it is completely replaced.
Next, you need to install a new node.
Now you need to tighten the fasteners using the same two screwdrivers. Only now it is necessary to move in the other direction. By the same principle, replace the bearing on the other side of the washing machine.
Note! Since most of the internals are made of plastic, they must be handled carefully so as not to compromise their integrity. If there is too much rust, then it can be cleaned using special agents, for example, WD-40. They degrease the surface in the best way, remove any deposits.
How to remove and replace a bearing in a washing machine?
Before starting work, you must prepare all the tools and tools at hand:
- screwdrivers (set);
- hammer (needed to remove the bearing);
- silicone sealant;
- degreasing agent.
In addition, it is necessary to prepare parts that will be installed in place of the faulty ones. In order to purchase bearings and oil seals, you need to know the make and model of the washing machine (it is better to take a picture of the information from the data sheet or take it with you). It is recommended to purchase consumables only in a specialized center, otherwise they may not fit the parameters.
Preparing for repairs
If, after the previous wash, liquid remains inside the drum or the system itself, then it will need to be drained, because during the repair work, you will have to completely disassemble the machine.
In the preparation process, you should also perform the following actions:
- disconnect the equipment from the power supply:
- disconnect any connections (you will need to drain the remaining water from the hoses);
- remove water from the drain filter.
It is recommended to move the washing machine to a free space so that it is convenient for the master to disassemble it
If you decide to repair the unit yourself, then you must adhere to some tips that will be useful in the process:
- Washing machine tanks are collapsible and non-collapsible. With the first option, everything is clear. you will need to dismantle the mounts. In the second case, everything is more complicated, because it will be necessary to cut the drum exactly according to the marks, while not affecting the internal filling. After replacing the bearing and gland, such a tank will need to be connected with self-tapping screws and glued to restore tightness.
- It happens that not only the bearing assembly becomes unusable, but the sleeve on the drum. Sometimes a part can be restored by contacting a turner. If the sleeve is deformed too much, then all that remains is to purchase a new one.
- It is worth noting that all non-original parts of low quality quickly fail, so you should not save on the purchase of such elements. It is better to purchase spare parts in specialized service centers.
- Before proceeding with the repair of the washing machine, it is advisable to study in detail its instructions, which come with the package. If it has not survived, then the information can always be found on the Internet by the model name.
- Experts advise, when replacing the bearing, to check other elements of the washing machine that could be damaged by a faulty part. Sometimes they have a dense layer of scale, which is better to clean with special means.
The difficulty in dismantling the machine elements is that the bearing mounts are weak, so it is easy to damage them through carelessness. Work should be done carefully, without applying physical force.
Find out how to change the bearing on a Samsung washing machine, as well as read the instructions, in a special article on our portal.
Replacing a bearing in a top-loading washing machine
The process of replacing the bearing itself requires adherence to the aLGorithm. We will consider similar actions on the example of the Zanussi brand washing machine.
Replacement of bearings in a non-separable tank
To maintain the unit’s performance, you should pay attention to such errors and avoid them.
This is a primitive design of a washing machine, assembled according to the principle of all devices made in the USSR. So, it will be easy to get the tank from the back, after dismantling the panel. In addition, all fasteners are durable, so they are not easy to damage. However, when reassembling, it is recommended to use a sealant to avoid leaking the washing machine.
How to remove a bearing from an LG washing machine?
To remove the bearing from the drum of the LG washing machine, you will have to almost completely disassemble the equipment. But if most novice repairmen can get to the tank, then everything is not so simple. the bearing assembly is removed quite difficult. We suggest not to experiment with the machine, but to act strictly according to the instructions.
Getting to the bearings
If the path to the tank has been passed without problems, then we take out the container from the case and place it on a flat surface. First of all, we unclench the two halves by disconnecting the screws or latches. Removing the “empty” part of the drum, put the second pulley up.
If the bolts are rusted or there is a foreign deposit on the surface of the tank, then such areas must be treated with a WD-40 type agent, left for 10-15 minutes and the remaining rust removed.
- We unscrew the fastener that fixes the drum pulley, and, pulling out the wheel, we return the bolt to its place. “Casting” will further protect the shaft and the surface of the tank from mechanical damage.
- We insert a metal stud into the back screwed-in bolt and carefully beat it with a hammer, slowly knocking out the shaft. It is necessary to act extremely carefully, as a strong blow will result in expensive repairs.
As soon as the shaft and sleeve are knocked out, you should carefully inspect them for integrity. It is easy to check the degree of wear of the rod: just hook the bearing onto it and unscrew it. If there is a backlash between the parts, the part needs to be replaced. When there is no gap, you can start removing.
We take out the damaged parts
When repairing a bearing unit, you will not only have to remove the bearing from the LG washing machine, but also change the oil seals. Therefore, from the back of the drum, we take out the mentioned gasket by hooking the rubber band with a slotted screwdriver. It is worth remembering that these parts change only in pairs, regardless of the degree of wear of the second seal.
Then we remove the bearings themselves. New ones can simply be pushed through, while old and rusted ones take a lot of effort. We immediately process the surface of the WD-40 and clean the seat. Then we bring the metal pin to the edge of the ring and, constantly changing its position, try to knock the part out with uniform blows.
The pin must be constantly moved. to the other edge, crosswise, closer to the middle, otherwise the bearing will come out longer and not completely.
You can not feel sorry for the old bearing, and if the base is destroyed, you can get it piece by piece using pliers, tweezers or a hairpin. The edges of the seat, on the other hand, are best avoided. If the hole is deformed, the new ring will not fit tightly.
After removing the oil seals and bearings, do not ignore the cleaning. All chips, rust, dirt and plaque accumulated in the seat must be treated with a cleaner. If the scale layer is very thick and does not lend itself to WD-40, then we “walk” along the surface with fine sandpaper and sweep away the debris with a rag. It is not recommended to proceed with the installation of a new bearing assembly until the hole is clean and dry.
You can replace the bearings on the Ariston washing machine yourself at home, without the help of specialists. To do this, you need to purchase new parts, select a tool, and then carry out repair work according to the instructions. It is recommended to record each action on the phone in order to avoid mistakes during the assembly of the Ariston washing machine.
The last step to go through before changing a bearing is site preparation. It’s great if you have a garage or workshop nearby that the Washing machine can be delivered to. If not, you can start disassembling at home.
Disconnect the machine from all communications and move it to a spacious room, having previously covered the floor with rags and film.
Attention! If you will be transporting your washing machine, do it according to all the rules. We talked about this in the article “How to transport a washing machine”.
How to remove the bearing from the drum of the Ariston Hotpoint Ariston washing machine. Replacing the bearing in the Ariston washing machine
Using an Ariston washing machine for a long time will result in bearing failure. This malfunction is evidenced by extraneous noise that appears during the execution of the program and gradually increases, and during the spin cycle, a very loud hum and knock is heard. If such signs are found, it is necessary to urgently replace the damaged part in order to prevent even greater damage and breakage of more serious components. To do this, you can invite a service center representative, but if the user wants to save a significant amount of money, he can change the bearings on the Ariston washing machine on his own.
How to remove the bearing from the drum of the Atlant washing machine. How to disassemble the washing machine Atlant
To disassemble the Atlant washing machine, you do not need an intricate tool, only ordinary screwdrivers, socket heads and a few more accessories. To quickly complete the entire procedure, it is advisable to purchase a new set of bearings and an oil seal in advance.
Bearings for washing machines carry a huge load and when choosing their quality in production they pay special attention.
Repair must begin by disconnecting the device from the outlet and other communications.
- We unscrew the top cover of the product and remove it from the case, moving it a couple of centimeters away from ourselves (it is attached by 2 self-tapping screws in the rear end of the cover);
- We remove the powder tray and under it we unscrew the screws securing the hopper;
- Next, dismantle the top bezel;
- We unscrew and remove the spacer metal cross bars;
- We remove the electronic control unit from the inside of the case on the right, first disconnect the thin hose from it;
- Remove the top concrete weighting agent;
- We disconnect the hopper for the tray from the hoses and remove it outside;
- We remove the outer clamp of the hatch cuff and fill the rubber band inside the machine body;
- Remove the back cover of the washing machine;
- Disconnects the wires from the Tubular Heater and the temperature sensor, rewrite the correctness for later connection (better to take a picture);
- Unscrew the engine mounting bolts and remove it from the hinges;
- Loosen the hose clamp on the tank (hose to the pump);
- Shock absorbers can be unscrewed from the tank and from the body, but you can not touch them at all (their rods will come out of the bodies by themselves).
Now we check that the tank is in contact with the washer body only by means of springs, for which we take it out vertically upwards. For convenience, we open the hatch. Replacing the bearing of the Atlant washing machine will also require the removal of the second concrete load from the tank.
How to remove bearings from a washing machine drum. How to remove a bearing from a drum
The moving parts of the automatic machine wear out most often, therefore, after several years of operation, the equipment requires repair. Bearing wear is a typical failure on all models. They are seated on the shaft and ensure uniform drum rotation. How to identify the malfunction and remove the bearing from the drum without a puller? Details of the repair work are described in the article.
Ariston tank and washing machine assembly
After the bearings have been replaced, you need to start assembling the tank. The seams of the two halves should be carefully treated with silicone sealant, then aligned and bolted.
The Ariston washing machine is assembled in the reverse order, if the user took photos during disassembly, then in accordance with them. It is especially recommended to act carefully when connecting the wiring.
After the washing machine is assembled, it must stand as long as it takes for the sealant to completely cure. After that, it must be connected to communications and electricity, pour a little washing powder and perform a test wash. Thus, the equipment will be cleared of residues of dirt, grease and unpleasant odors that remained inside after repair. At the end of the program, you need to look under the washing machine and make sure that moisture does not form under it.
If during the work no extraneous noise was observed and the equipment does not leak, this indicates that the repair was completed successfully.
In order to prevent future breakdowns, it is necessary to use the Ariston washing machine with care, avoid overloading, and distribute bulky laundry evenly. This will significantly extend bearing life.
Dismantling the Ariston washing machine
When disassembling the Ariston washing machine, it is recommended to photograph the technician before removing each part, especially before disconnecting the wiring. This will avoid incorrect actions and prevent equipment breakdown as a result of improper assembly.
To disassemble the Ariston washing machine, you need to follow these steps:
- Unscrew the screws holding the top cover, slide it back, remove and set aside.
- Unscrew the bolts, disconnect the upper counterweight.
- Unscrew the fasteners and remove the rear cover.
- Turning the pulley wheel carefully, remove the drive belt.
- Pull out the detergent drawer and unscrew the fasteners behind it holding the control panel.
- A few more self-tapping screws hold the panel from the inside of the Ariston washing machine, you need to unscrew them, carefully squeeze the latches, then, after taking a photo of the connection, disconnect the wires and move the panel to the side.
- Disconnect the connection to the reservoir from the detergent drawer and the inlet valve.
- Remove the hose from the pressure switch to the tank.
- Remove niche for powder receptacle.
- Open the hatch, pry on and remove the clamp, disconnect the cuff.
- Unscrew the fastener and remove the hatch locking mechanism.
- Unscrew the fasteners and remove the hatch door.
- Remove the lower decorative panel on the front part, unscrew the fasteners under it and in the upper part, remove the front wall.
- Disconnect the wires going to the heating element and the motor.
- Pull out the engine.
- Remove Tubular Heater.
- Disconnect the lower counterweight.
- Remove shock absorbers and suspension springs.
- Pull the tank up and out of the washing machine.
How to remove a bearing from a washing machine?
First you need to get the tank out of the washer. Disconnect the equipment from the mains, close the inlet valve. Disconnect communications.
Disassembly of the machine is carried out in several stages:
- Dismantling of panels. Remove the top, back and front covers.
- Disconnect everything that is attached to the tank. Behind it: drive belt, Tubular Heater, engine.
- Front: counterweights, drain.
- Top: intake valve, pressure switch tube, powder hopper and its branch pipes.
- The shock absorber mountings are removed last.
How to remove the tank from the case:
- Lift it up, removing from the springs.
- Remove from the case and place on a flat surface.
Before knocking the bearing out of the drum, it is necessary to disassemble the tank. It consists of two parts. Depending on the model of Washing machine, the halves may be bolted, latched, or glued. In the latter case, the task becomes more complicated.
- Immediately need to dismantle the pulley attached to the back wall.
- To do this, put a key on the central bolt and unscrew. If it doesn’t lend itself so easily and does not come off, spray the bolt with WD-40. Hit it with a hammer across a block.
- Then unscrew the screws around the perimeter of the tank. If it is glued, you will have to use a hacksaw for metal. Sawing is carried out evenly in a circle. Take care not to damage the drum.
Now it is necessary to remove half of the tank from the shaft. It is knocked out along with the drum. Place a block of wood on the shaft, tap on it with a hammer until the drum falls out.
You still have half of the tank with parts that need to be replaced. How to remove the bearing from the washing machine hub:
- Pry the oil seal with a flat screwdriver, set it aside.
- Place the bit on the inner bearing race. Tap the chisel evenly and lightly with the hammer. It is important to move around the outer ring. Otherwise, the inner clip will pop out and the question arises: how to pull out the outer clip.
- After the part is removed, clean the seat with fine sandpaper from scale, wipe it off with a dry cloth.
Examine the shaft and crosspiece carefully. They also remove scale and rust. If damaged, you will have to completely remove the cross from the drum and replace it.
If the bearing does not knock out, spray the seat with WD-40 fluid. Let stand for 20-30 minutes. During long-term operation, the parts stick to the place.
How to knock out the inner bearing race. Some models have two driving parts. One is planted deep into the hole, the other is outside. The ring is knocked out in the same way, moving in a circle. It is reasonable to immediately replace all parts, including the oil seals. For further installation, lubricate the outer ring of the elements with grease. This makes them easier to press into the socket.
The tank halves are assembled in the reverse order. If the pieces have been sawn. then pre-drill holes in them for self-tapping screws, additionally fasten along the edges with a sealant.
For an inexperienced repairman, such work is difficult to perform. Therefore, it is better to use the services of a master. But if you have already disassembled the machine before, then you will cope with this task.
Dismantling the tank
To get to the drum and replace the bearings, you will need to disassemble the tank. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Turn the water tank over with the pulley upwards, block the pulley from twisting with a screwdriver or a metal rod, unscrew the fastening bolt. If it does not turn, grease with WD-40, wait a little, then repeat the steps.
- Disconnect the pulley, there is a shaft under it. To knock it out, you need to find a bolt similar to the fastening one, screw it into the shaft and knock out the shaft with careful hammer blows at right angles.
Now you need to disassemble the tank. In different models of Ariston washing machines, it can be collapsible (two halves are bolted together) or non-separable (two parts are welded along the seam). In the first case, you just need to unscrew the bolts, in the second, use a hacksaw and cut the tank along the seam. First, you should prepare the bolts that will twist the tank after replacing the bearing and drill the corresponding holes along the seam. These steps can be performed after the tank has been cut, but is slightly heavier.
After the tank is disassembled and separated into two halves, you need to pull out the drum.