What is needed
- Tee with tap for washing machine.
- Fum tape or tow with sealing paste.
- Adjustable wrench, pipe wrench, or wrench in the correct size.
- Extension of suitable diameter if the outlet is recessed into the wall.
What is needed
- Hose clamp.
If the hose is not long enough, then:
- additional hose of suitable length;
- hose connector;
- two hose clamps.
If there is no outlet for the washing machine on the installed siphon, then:
- tee insert for siphon or new siphon with outlet for washing machine.
How to connect a washing machine to a toilet, sink or bathtub
The basic and easiest option, but with disadvantages. Do not use the appliance while washing is in progress. After draining the dirty water, the bathtub or sink will have to be washed, and if you forget to install a hose, there is a risk of causing a flood.
What is needed
- Tee for a metal-plastic pipe of the required diameter (usually 16 or 20 mm) with one female thread.
- Washing machine faucet.
- Pipe cutter.
- Pipe calibrator.
- Fum tape or tow with sealing paste.
Steel pipes are almost completely replaced by more modern metal-plastic and polypropylene pipes, but they are still found in old houses.
The bottom line is to drill a hole in the pipe and install a special coupling on it, into which the tap is screwed in and the washing machine inlet hose is connected.
Reinforced plastic pipe
This thin white pipe with large metal fittings (joints) is an aluminum frame enclosed between layers of polyethylene.
An insert into a plumbing made of metal-plastic consists in installing a tee. In the right place, the pipe is cut, its ends are connected with a tee, and a washing machine tap is connected to the free outlet.
What is needed
- Saddle coupling (saddle, saddle clamp, vampire tie-in).
- Drill or screwdriver.
- Drill on the diameter of the hole in the sleeve.
- Washing machine faucet.
- Fum tape or tow with sealing paste.
What to do
- Turn off the water using the emergency tap at the inlet and drain the residues by opening the nearest mixer.
- Select a place near the washing machine for tapping the tee so that you can reach it with a soldering iron.
- Use a pipe cutter to cut a pipe section 30 mm shorter than the tee.
- Wipe the pipes from water residues and dry them to prevent defects when soldering.
- Install a nozzle of the required diameter on the soldering iron and heat up to operating temperature.
- Put the soldering iron on the pipe and one end of the tee, wait 5-7 seconds.
- Quickly remove the soldering iron, connect the heated parts and wait about 10 seconds.
- Solder the other end of the pipe in the same way.
- Wind several turns of fum tape on the tap along the entire length of the thread in the direction of twisting. If using tow, separate a small bundle and also wind along the entire length of the thread as you twist the tap. Lubricate the tow with sealing paste.
- Screw the tap into the tee.
- Connect the washing machine hose to the tap and twist it by hand.
- Open water and check for leaks.
What to do
- Unpack the box, take out the instructions, the inlet hose and the key from the drum.
- Using a wrench, unscrew the transit bolts located on the rear wall (usually there are 4). Save them in case you move.
- Close the bolt holes with special plugs.
- Open the door and check that the drum moves freely if you shake it by hand.
- Place the washing machine in the chosen place so that there is at least 2 cm to the walls and furniture.
- If the floors are wooden, place rubber pads or an anti-vibration mat under the feet.
- Unscrewing the legs, adjust their height so that the washing machine is level and only staggers when you press on the corners.
- Place a building level on the typewriter and check that it is installed correctly.
- Fix the adjusted leg height with locknuts.
Preparatory work for connecting the washing machine
Further, the scheme for connecting the washing machine to the sewage system provides for its installation in its place. The structure must be installed evenly, for which most machines are equipped with adjustable legs. You can control the installation level of the machine using a building level or manually (the machine should not wobble or drive).
All this is necessary because the drum and centrifuge are in motion during operation, creating a vibration effect. The magnitude of the resulting vibration is quite enough to displace the machine in any direction. In addition, due to improper installation, the working elements of the structure will be located at an angle, so the load on them will be increased.
Connecting to the power supply is also an important aspect, but the main recommendation here is the same: the structure must have a reliable grounding.
Connecting the washing machine to the sewer
If you wish, you can connect the washing machine to the sewer with your own hands. The easiest way is to simply bring the outlet hose into the bathroom or toilet, but this method is not suitable for everyone (read also: “How to connect a washing machine drain to the sewer without errors”). Experts advise using this method only as a temporary solution before connecting the washing machine to the sewer on a permanent basis.
Of course, it would be much better to create a reliable fixed connection to the sewer.
There are two main connection methods:
- connection with a siphon located nearby a sink;
- creating a discharge directly into the sewer pipe.
In most modern models of siphons, a hole for connecting a washing machine is provided in advance. In this case, it will be enough to properly lay the hose and correctly connect it to the prepared plumbing. The only requirement that you need to fulfill in this situation. the hose must be attached to the back of the washing machine at a height higher than the siphon height.
In the second version, the connection of the washing machine to the sewer is carried out by means of a tee, which provides the ability to connect the washing machine. It is best to equip such a structure with an additional siphon so that the smell from the sewer does not enter the living room. See also: “Connecting the washing machine to the sewer. options and connection rules”.
How to connect the washing machine to the sewer correctly
A washing machine has long become an indispensable attribute of any residential building, not only in cities, but also outside of them. Often, after purchasing such a device, the question arises of how to connect the washing machine to the sewer. Now there is nothing complicated in these works: all manufacturers supply their products with detailed instructions, which clearly describe how to properly connect the washing machine to the sewer.
This article will cover the basics of installing all washing machines, including the following steps:
- connection to the electrical network;
- water supply;
- creation of a sewer outlet.
The most important thing to know when installing a washing machine is that all work can be done by hand, and if the work is done correctly, no problems will arise.
How to connect to the water supply correctly
There are different nuances here, the main ones of which are listed below:
- the hose for connecting the machine must be long. Often in the delivery set there is a too short hose, which is usually not enough for a normal water supply, so it is advisable to immediately purchase an additional one;
- if the diameters of the water pipes and machine nozzles do not match, it is worth taking care of purchasing adapters;
- when connecting the washing machine to the water supply, it is advisable to immediately install shut-off valves so that, if necessary, the device can be disconnected without problems (for more details: “Connecting the washing machine to the water supply with our own hands. We do everything according to the rules”);
- the whole system must be reliable enough to ensure good performance.
Some devices have a built-in function that turns off the water supply in the event that the machine suddenly stops working. If there are frequent power outages in the region, or there are doubts about the quality of the connection to the water supply, then you should choose just such a machine.
Correct connection to the dishwasher drain
By and large, the connection to the outlet of the dishwasher is no different from a similar connection to the sewer. The main difference will be in the connection of the water supply system, for which special collets are used, which come with any dishwasher (read also: “Connecting the dishwasher to the water supply. Diagram for examples”).
For such an installation, you will definitely need a check valve, which is an indispensable element when connecting any plumbing to already installed appliances (in more detail: “Connecting the dishwasher to the sewer. Correct diagram”).
The main purpose of this article is to explain how to connect a washing machine to a sewer. It is enough to clearly follow the instructions, follow the basic rules and know how this system works.
Connection to the water supply system is carried out as follows.
¾ ”flexible hoses are used for this operation. The hose, if necessary, is made longer, sealing the joints of the parts with cuffs (rubber gaskets).
Consider how to connect the washing machine yourself using a separate valve:
- A thread is cut at a certain place in the water supply system and, using the appropriate fasteners, a valve is installed. Shut off the water supply completely after each wash.
- It is recommended to install a protective mesh filter to prevent mechanical particles from entering the drum of the machine. The filter is periodically cleaned.
Diagram of connecting the hose to the shut-off valve
- To supply water, either ready-made taps to the flushing cistern or to the mixer are used, connecting pipelines through tees, or they mount pipes and squeegees to create individual places for liquid intake.
- A relatively long hose must be used. In this case, before each wash, unscrew the mixer hose and connect the filler pipe of the machine.
Now let’s look at how to properly connect the machine to the water supply through the water mixer:
The hose connected to the mixer
- This method of connecting to the water supply is possible, but it is used as a temporary option, allowing a quick connection (no more than 2 minutes).
- In addition, in this case, the machine is reliably protected from the flow of water at a time when it is not performing work, due to the disconnection of the inlet hose.
installation and assembly lesson
Here you can find a detailed instruction.
All work with a connection to electricity is performed according to the following scheme:
- the distribution board is grounded using a special bus, the cross-section of which is at least 3 mm;
- the connection is made to an outlet having a three-wire type. the presence of a phase, zero and a ground wire;
- the ground wire is carefully insulated.
Electrical connection diagram
It is strictly forbidden to connect the ground wire to district heating batteries, to water and gas pipes.
The connection of the machine to the drainage lines must take into account the following features:
- Machines that do not have a special check valve that allows water to flow in only one direction cannot be installed without taking into account the limitation of the level (the manufacturer must indicate the minimum and maximum value), on which the outlet hose (branch pipe) should be located.
Correct hose bend
- Before connecting the drain of the washing machine, an additional siphon must be purchased to connect the drain system of the machine to the sewer pipe. The hose of the machine is securely connected to the drainage system of the sink. With this connection option, water leaks are excluded.
Reliable connection of the outlet pipe of the machine to the sink or bath drain
- Sometimes the drain pipe is fixed to the side of the bathtub or sink. However, this method is not sufficiently reliable and safe, since if you accidentally hook the hose, water will begin to flow to the floor.
- After connecting, check whether the branch pipe is straightened along its entire length (without kinks). It is rigidly fixed at a level of 80 cm from the floor on the back of the machine. To connect the drain hoses, adapters with clamps are used.
Suitable place for a washing machine
It is imperative to remember that the correct installation of the washing machine is the key to its trouble-free and safe operation.
The placement options for household appliances can be different:
- The placement of the washing machine in the bathroom is considered standard.
Option number 1. placement in the bathroom
- Recently, this piece of household appliances has been increasingly placed in the kitchen, as it is convenient, and is also associated with the small area of the bathrooms in old houses.
Option number 2. placement in the kitchen
- Solving the problem of how to connect the washing machine correctly, sometimes they use an unusual installation option. in the hallway. If the space of the hallway allows the placement of the unit and it is possible to connect to nearby communications, then this option may turn out to be quite ergonomic.
Option number 3. placement in the hallway
Preparing for installation
After the installation site has been determined and the packaging has been removed, the shipping parts (bolts, staples and bars), as well as the fasteners that fix the rotating parts of the machine during transportation, are removed. When unscrewing the transport bolts, the tank of the machine hangs on the springs. This position is the normal operating state of the tank. Before connecting the machine to the machine, the holes remaining after unscrewing the bolts are closed with plastic plugs.
Removing the shipping bolts
How to connect a washing machine with your own hands
To clearly understand how to connect the washing machine, you must carefully read the instructions attached to it. All operations, from removing the packaging and ending with water filling for the first wash, must be carried out clearly according to the rules. The process of connecting to all communications is described more clearly in our article.
The home craftsman will be able to install the automatic machine on his own
Leveling the position of the washing machine using a spirit level
This stage of connection is necessary in order to minimize the vibration level. If the flooring is uneven, the position of the washing machine is leveled using the adjustable feet. In this case, inserts from linoleum, wood and other materials are not recommended to be used.
Then check the stability of the machine by lightly pressing the corners of the machine on the upper surface. If the machine tilts when pressed, you need to adjust the position of the legs again.
Level the machine using the level and feet adjustment
Washing machine installation steps
We drain the water into the sink and bath
Another way to dump dirty water is to attach the drain hose to the edge of the tub, toilet, or sink. But in this case, we may face the danger of flooding our own bathroom. In order to protect your bathroom from a flood, you need to fix the drain hose well in such a position to prevent accidental dropping.
Do not place the drain hose on unstable surfaces as it may accidentally fall. It is also not recommended to fasten it tightly. then it will be subject to falls from vibrations. Remember, if it is not possible to fix the drain hose in a free and safe position, then it is best to connect the washing machine to the sewer through a siphon. it is not very expensive, but it will help protect the bathroom from accidental flooding.
In addition, a siphon with a tube is a reliable protection against unpleasant odors. But if you do decide to connect to the sewer directly, do not forget to give the drain hose an S-shape to isolate the washing machine from sewer odors.
Advantages of the connection method
This connection scheme is quite common, as it provides an excellent connection between the drain hose and the sewer. In this case, we can not be afraid of leaks. the siphon is equipped with a rubber cuff, which makes the junction more tight. As for dirty water, it will be able to pour freely into the sewer.
This scheme is also good because we can safely use the sink or bathtub. Agree, when the machine washes, you won’t take a bath. it will flood with dirty water. It is also unpleasant to wash your face when you see seething streams of foam and the same dirty water with an unpleasant smell in front of you. The maximum that can bother us in the presence of a siphon is a quiet gurgle coming from the neck of the sink.
The main features of connecting the machine to the sewer
There are two main ways to connect the washing machine to the sewer:
- Through a special siphon;
- Directly by attaching the drain hose with a plastic hook.
How to properly connect the washing machine to the sewer
The connection of an automatic washing machine can be entrusted to a specialist, or you can do it yourself. By choosing the latter option, we will save money and get the opportunity to spend it on something else, more useful. Earlier, we considered connecting the washing machine to the water supply. Now, let’s look at how to connect the washing machine to the sewer, ensuring a reliable and safe drain of dirty water.
Many users believe that there is nothing difficult in this. just throw the drain hose over the edge of the tub or sink. But this approach cannot be called optimal, since it is unsafe. Therefore, it is best to connect the washing machine directly to the sewer using special equipment. We will talk about this in this review.
When making any connection of the washing machine to the drain, do not forget to pay attention to the position of the drain hose. It must be routed so that it cannot be accidentally twisted. You also need to monitor the position of the drain hose. nothing should squeeze it, interfering with the normal passage of water.
The siphon for the washing machine is always installed in a vertical position, but not in a horizontal position. such a scheme is erroneous, since leaks are possible. You also need to remember the correct position of the drain hose. It must first rise to a height of at least 60 cm, and then descend to the drain. Usually it is hooked to the upper part of the case, where the corresponding fasteners are provided.
In order to connect the washing machine to the siphon under the sink, the old siphon must be removed, and a new siphon must be installed in its place, with a branch pipe for connecting the drain hose. All connections are carefully tightened to ensure proper drain tightness. After that, we open the tap with water and check our assembly.
In the next step, we connect the drain hose. If there is a special cuff, then that’s good. If it is not there, we use a special adapter to connect the hose, pulling it with a metal clamp to ensure tightness.
Special siphons for hidden installation in the wall are of great interest. On one side, they are connected to the sewer pipes, and the other side looks outward. here we connect the drain hoses, tightening the connection with a clamp. Usually, a cold water outlet is installed nearby so that connecting the washing machine is convenient and quick. even if you buy a new machine, it will take 5-10 minutes to install it.
Connecting the washing machine to the sewer through a siphon
Plastic siphons for washing machines are provided with nozzles to which the drain hoses themselves are connected. The junction of the branch pipe and the hose is fixed using a special coupling. This will help seal the connection and prevent unpleasant odors from entering the drain.
Consider the second drawback of such a connection. the drain hose easily knocks off the edges of bathtubs and sinks. Therefore, the threat of flooding will constantly hang over our neighbors. Their floors will also suffer if at this time the machine begins to drain dirty water. The hoses fly off not only due to the carelessness of users, but also independently, for example, during the spin cycle. vibrations affect. It is also not uncommon for the hoses to fall as a result of turning on the drain pump. water running under high pressure through the ribbed hose makes it twitch.
If the water is drained into the bathtub, then it’s not so bad. And if it goes to the sink, it’s a sheer nightmare. after all, it is customary to wash over the sink. To contemplate the streams of dirty water, sometimes with a strong scent of mud, is not so pleasant. Therefore, it is best to connect the drain of the washing machine to the sewer through a siphon.
The connection via a siphon is devoid of the above disadvantages. the connection is hermetically sealed, there are no unpleasant odors, the probability of water leakage is extremely small. Another thing is that you have to tinker a little with such a connection. Let’s look at both connection methods in more detail.
The process of such a connection is quite simple. we just lower the drain hose into the sewer pipe, fix it and seal the connection. If you do not make a seal, you will have to enjoy all the smells coming from the sewer. By the way, during the connection process, you need to organize an S-shaped bend of the drain hose. thereby we isolate the machine from the sewer system in those moments when the drain pump is turned off.
By the way, if the drain hose is made straight, without rises, all the sewer stench can get into the tank where the clean and washed laundry is located. Therefore, special attention must be paid to the bending of the hose. And the best thing is to try to install a siphon that will cut off all unpleasant odors. To prevent sewage water from getting back into the drum through the drain hose during washing, an anti-siphon check valve is used for the washing machine.
We connect the machine to the sewer without a siphon
You can connect the washing machine to the sewer without a siphon. In this case, the drain hose is connected directly to the sewer pipe. To do this, a tee is placed in it, with which the hose itself is connected. In some cases, a separate plastic pipe is laid to the machine, connected to the sewer.
Are you here. Correct connection of the washing machine drain. How to properly connect the washing machine yourself?
- With your own hands
First, consider connecting the washing machine to communication systems. Connect the machine to the cold water supply and establish a drain for the waste water.
First, consider Installing a washing machine automatic’Installing a washing machine automatic “connection Washing machine automatic” href = “http://goodlinez.ru/washingmachine/423” washing machine to communication systems. Connect the machine to the cold water supply and establish a drain for the waste water.
Several options for connecting the washing machine to the sewer
Bath drain option
It is believed that the most modern and convenient drainage options are nothing more than connecting the drain hose to the sewer. Please note that it is possible to increase the length of the drain hose, but it has its own length limit, dictated by the maximum power of the drain pump. You can find out the maximum length of the drain hose from the documentation that came with the washing machine.
The drain hose should be secured to the back of the washing machine at a height of approximately 80 centimeters.
We fix the drain hose
We connect the other end of the hose to the sewer using a special siphon to avoid unpleasant odors and water from the sewer getting into the car. You can bend the end of the hose to create a water blockage effect, which also prevents odor and water from entering the machine.
Some masters recommend loose connection of the drain hose and sewer.
One of the options for connecting the hose to the sewer.
The possible presence of an air gap will avoid the suction of water from the machine into the drain. This can cause the machine to freeze with certain wash programs. However, such a connection has a serious condition. The height of the air gap should be several centimeters higher than the level of water rise in the sink or bathroom in case of possible clogging of the sewer. Otherwise, there is a rather high probability of flooding the apartment when the drain is clogged through the air gap.
How to properly connect a washing machine
A new washing machine in the house, how nice, but without communication connected to it, this is just a beautiful curbstone. It is not difficult to connect the washing machine, but if everything is done wrong, you can easily get for repairs or, even worse, write off your purchase.
If the desire to save money has overcome the fear of losing the washing machine, read on. The very first thing, do not listen to the exhortation of the sellers that if they do not connect the washing machine, the warranty on the machine will be lost. This is a heinous lie. The warranty is canceled in the event that the washing machine was damaged as a result of an incorrect connection, and if everything was done correctly, it does not matter who connected it. Let’s go further.
The first thing to think about is electricity. If the home is not a new building, then a standard outlet may not be able to withstand high power consumption, so prepare the outlet in advance. Better a separate outlet from the shield. If there is an electric stove in the house, you can throw the wire away from it. For this, take a three-core cord with a section of 1-1.5 mm, the color and type of insulation to your taste. In new houses, the wires are made mostly conscientiously, so here you can be calm.
So we smoothly moved on to the drain part. There are two options: connect the washing machine to a siphon or directly to the sewer. Another ambush awaits you here. The siphon is insidious in that if the hose is thrown across the floor, then water can be poured into the washing machine through the drain hose. Therefore, be sure to run the drain hose along the top so that its highest point is higher than the water in the sink to which the washing machine is connected.
If the drain hose is connected to the sewer, then be sure to build the pipe in the vertical direction to a height of 50-60 cm.Otherwise, the water from the machine will go by gravity into the sewer.
Subject to these rules, your washing machine will not soon require you to repair it.
Correct installation of the washing machine
It is very important from the very first days to correctly connect the washing machine to the water supply and electricity. Violation of the installation rules can lead to serious consequences, both for you and for your new “assistant”. washing machine.
Sometimes additional fixing shipping bars are laid between the body and the tank. To dismantle the bars, you need to tilt the washing machine forward and pull them out.
We recommend that you keep all transport details as with a possible move, you may need them.
2. Connecting the washing machine to the sewer
As already mentioned, washing machines are supplied with a hose of a certain length. Standard distance from washing machine to drain. 3 m, only for some washing machines this distance is 5 m. Manufacturers of washing machines always determine the possible load on the pump (drain pump) in their washing machines, and in accordance with this form the installation rules. With an increased distance, the load on the pump will be greater than calculated, and this can lead to damage in the future. The fastening of the drain hose must be secure enough to prevent the hose from falling to the floor and flooding the apartment when the water is drained.
When the drain system is permanently connected to the sewage system, in order to avoid the unpleasant odor from the sewer from entering the washing machine, you should install a special siphon or bend the end of the hose so that a water blockage is created. It is important to note that this method of connection is NOT RECOMMENDED for houses with worn-out sewer pipes, because they contain a large number of blockages, which can lead to the release of drained water outside (on the bathroom floor).
Connecting the washing machine to the water supply
The permanent connection of the washing machine is made using a specially supplied flexible hose with a 3/4 inch connection diameter. The hose can be extended to the required length. The connections are sealed with a rubber gasket.
In addition, it is desirable to provide a water shut-off when the washing machine is finished. For this, an additional valve is installed, which is closed at the end of the wash. It is recommended to give preference to more expensive models of cranes, with a good margin of safety and tight connections.
Adjusting the feet of the washing machine is also an important point.
The washing machine must be stable, without distortion. The floor under the machine must not be slippery. A machine that is not intended for installation in furniture cannot be placed inside the furniture, otherwise the vibration during spinning will destroy this furniture.
Height-adjustable front feet are provided for correct installation in the washing machine.
Connecting the washing machine to the mains
Your safety when using your washing machine is paramount. To ensure safety, it is necessary to bring a zero or grounding bus with a cross section of at least 3 mm from the switchboard. and the socket will have to be replaced with a three-wire.
The ground wire must be insulated; it is strictly forbidden to connect it to heating batteries, water supply systems, gas supply.
A separate three-wire cable from the meter is required for the correct connection of the washing machine. In this case, the electric meter must be designed for a rated current of 15. 30 A. A separate automatic machine can be installed on this cable. It is recommended to run the cable with an external wiring diagram in plastic channels (plastic profiles). It is reliable and aesthetically pleasing.
If, nevertheless, you feel doubts about the correctness of your actions, it is better to contact the appropriate specialist.