In order not to get confused during disassembly, let’s outline a plan. How to disassemble a Bosch washing machine. dismantling sequence:
- all walls;
- container for washing heart;
- control panel;
- electric motor, pump, tubular electric heater;
- drive belt, pulley;
- shock absorbers, counterweights;
- inlet valve, pipes, pressure switch;
- filter, pipes;
- hatch and UBL;
Removing the cover
Use a Phillips or Hex screwdriver to remove the screws (two) at the back. Slide the top panel towards you and lift it up. Be careful, however, or you may injure yourself from the sharp edges of the lid. Move the removed element away. so as not to interfere.
Disassembly Washing machine Bosch
Proceed strictly in the sequence below.
How to disassemble a Bosch washing machine
Washing machine is assembled from many parts and accessories. They are all hidden in the body and interconnected. To repair the machine, check or replace some unit or part, you have to disassemble the device. Washing machine “Bosch” is in demand among our consumers. They are reliable and functional. But not a single washing machine is immune to breakdowns. Knowing how to disassemble a Bosch washing machine, you can eliminate many faults with your own hands and replace worn-out elements at any time.
Removing the tank
Disconnect the wiring from the Tubular Heater. in “Bosch” it is located in front, at the bottom of the tank.
Do not pull out the heating element so as not to break the seal from the rubber. it does not recover from damage. Wiring can be attached to the walls, which is held by the harnesses. bite them with wire cutters. Remove the shock absorbers. Now take off the tank and pull out through the front.
Removing the rear panel and counterweights
After unscrewing the bolted connections that secure the wall, remove it. The “insides” of the car will become visible. Now unscrew the bar that connects the halves of the case. Using a suitable wrench, remove the top counterweight. Then, in the same way, remove the counterweights located near the loading door.
The easiest stage. It is important. your safety depends on it. Dismantling a Bosch washing machine begins with disconnecting all communications. Disconnect the device from the water pipe, from the sewer, disconnect from the power supply.
Preparation for disassembly
To properly disassemble a Bosch washing machine, you must first familiarize yourself with its device. By imagining where this or that element is, it is easier to carry out dismantling work. Washing machines Bosch Maxx 6 (Bosch Max 6), Bosch Maxx 5 (Bosch Max 5), Bosch Maxx 4 (Bosch Max 4) and many other modifications of this brand are disassembled according to the same scheme.
Before disassembling a Bosch washing machine, you need to stock up on all the tools that you will need during the process:
- Wrenches. wrenches and adjustable wrenches. The sizes are different. It is desirable to have a whole set.
- With a hammer, or even better. several hammers of different sizes. Which one to use depends on the type of malfunction and modification of the Washing machine.
- Screwdrivers. Since there are elements in the washer, fixed with different screws, you will need two types of screwdrivers. Phillips, hex, with a straight slot.
The device will have to be pushed out into free space. to disassemble such bulky equipment, you need a lot of space.
We disassemble the back
Go back to the back to remove the fasteners and parts:
- drive belt;
- wiring leading to the motor;
- bolts holding the electric motor on hangers.
Remove the engine by shaking it. Be careful. the motor is very heavy.
Detach the control panel
Moving to the front, pull out the powder dispenser tray. Pressing the latch in the center, pull it towards you and remove it from the case.
Next, unscrew the bolts located behind the tray, as well as the bolts on the other side of the panel. Gently release the plastic clips (you can pry them off with a flat screwdriver), detach the panel. To completely remove it, you will need to disconnect the wire connectors. it is better to photograph them in advance. But it’s easier to hang the panel on the side, on the service hook.
Remove the bottom cover. It is located at the bottom of the front panel. To do this, just release the latches. Put it aside.
Dismantle the front panel of the Bosch machine
Open the hatch door first. Before disassembling the door of the Bosch washing machine, remove it from its hinges by unscrewing the fastening screws. This must be done so as not to damage the glass of the sunroof.
Unfold the hatch cuff and, prying the clamp with a screwdriver, pull it off. Insert the sealing rubber inside the drum.
Remove the bolts securing the door lock. Place your hand behind the body and take out the UBL. Disconnect all wires from it and set the lock aside.
Having unscrewed the self-tapping screws around the perimeter of the front panel, carefully remove it and set it aside.
Take off the tank
There is little left before dismantling the tank. Disconnect the wires from the heating element. Tubular Heater in Bosch machines is located in the front, under the tank.
No need to pull out the Tubular Heater, otherwise you will tear the sealing rubber that cannot be repaired.
Sometimes wiring is attached to the walls of the tank, fastened with bundles. Bite the harnesses with wire cutters, move the wires to the side. Now you need to remove the shock absorbers.
- Place the head on the back of the shock absorber rod to press in the latch.
- Pull the stem with pliers towards you and pull out of the hole.
Do the same with the second shock absorber. It remains to remove the tank from the springs. Lift it up from the edges of the hatch and pull it out through the front compartment.
Detach the back panel and handle the counterweights
Using a screwdriver, unscrew the bolts around the perimeter of the cover, remove it. Behind the panel, you will immediately see the internal components of the Bosch washing machine.
Unscrew the self-tapping screws of the upper bar that connects the two parts of the case. Using a 14mm wrench, remove the bolts and remove the upper counterweight. Do the same with the counterweights that are located around the hatch.
Get to the pump
It is necessary to lay the washing machine on the left side, remove the bottom (if any) by unscrewing the screws.
We disassemble the Bosch washing machine:
- Use a pair of pliers to unclip the drain pipe clamp.
- Disconnect it. Be careful, there may be water in it.
- Uncouple the wires leading to the pump.
- Unscrew the bolts that secure the drain pump and remove it.
Remove the details at the top
How to disassemble a Bosch washing machine further? To get the tank, you need to free up space as much as possible, and also disconnect all the parts attached to it.
- To remove the cuvette of the dispensing tray, disconnect the pipe leading to it. If it has a clamp, use pliers to unclench it. Also remove the inlet valve tube.
- Now disconnect the pressure switch and the noise filter. To do this, disconnect the wiring from the parts, unscrew the mounting bolts. Remove the tube from the pressure switch. Pull the parts out of the housing.
From above, the tank no longer holds anything.
How to disassemble a Bosch washing machine
Technique always breaks down at the wrong time. If you have a question on how to disassemble a Bosch washing machine in order to check and repair it, use our tips. You will be able to independently inspect all parts and diagnose breakdowns, as well as replace defective elements. In the article you will find step by step instructions with photos and.
Remove the top cover of the Bosch washing machine
Take a Phillips or Hex screwdriver and remove the two screws from the back of the machine. Now slide the cover forward and lift it up. Be careful, the edges of the panel may be sharp. Leave her aside.
So, you have prepared everything you need, get to work.
Removing the child lock
Locks of the Bosch washing machine, as we have already noted, are of two types, first we will see what to do if it is locked from children. Young mothers very often use this function so that their little child, who has already begun to show interest in technology, does nothing. If you use the child lock in the normal mode strictly according to the instructions, then there are no problems. The normal order of using the function looks like this.
- turn on the washer;
- we expose the program;
- set the lock;
- run the program;
- waiting for the end of the wash;
- remove the lock;
- turn off the washing machine.
As soon as the hostess hurries up and turns off the washing machine with the lock on, it creates a problem. After switching on again, the machine will not let you set the program. The standard unlocking of the child lock using a key combination will not help. In this case, you can open the washing machine, the hatch will not be blocked.
A child can turn off the machine without removing the lock, since, unfortunately, the machine is not protected from turning off.
What is the secret of how to remove the child lock if the Bosch washing machine was turned off in the locked mode? It’s very simple, you need to remember on which program you washed the last time. Turning the program switch knob, we set the mode in which the child protection was set. Then everything is simple. Turn off the blocking mode in the standard way.
- On Bosch logixx 8, you need to open the hatch door and press the button marked with the left arrow “Options”. Pressing the button, hold it until the machine beeps and the lock is released.
- On Bosch maxx 5, you need to press the start / pause button and hold it for about 6-8 seconds. If the “Key” icon disappears from the display, it means that the lock has been removed.
- On Bosch WAS 20443, this lock is removed in a similar way. Press the start / pause button and hold it for about 8 seconds. Removal will occur after the squeak.
How to unlock a Bosch washing machine
Many users love Bosch washing machines, but some of them are depressing. They have rather tricky locks: from children and after issuing an error code.
Thousands of people suffer, not knowing how to unlock the Bosch washing machine correctly. They try to turn it off and on, turn the knob of programs, perform other senseless manipulations, that’s just zero sense from all this. In this article, we will try to resolve this issue once and for all by talking about unlocking different Bosch washing machines, we hope this information will be useful.
Unlock after error code
The machine can freeze up tight not only due to the incorrectly removed child lock, but also due to the error that has not been reset. Suppose your Bosch machine displays an error code. The breakdown was found and fixed, but the error still continues to hang. Turning the machine off and on doesn’t help. What to do? You need to clear the error by pressing a key combination. What you need to click, we described in the article How to reset an error on a Bosch washing machine, read it, and everything will become clear to you.
Unlocking is carried out exclusively according to the instructions. You do not need to come up with your own reset methods that can lead to breakdowns. Our craftsmen were forced to reflash the control chip after the owner ineptly reset the firmware, trying to reset the error code on his own. Re-flashing about Bosch took the unfortunate owner of a few tens of dollars. Don’t repeat his mistakes.
So, we figured out how to unlock the Bosch washer. Proceed carefully and do not deviate from the instructions, you will definitely succeed. Good luck!
Removing the cover
Often the need for dismantling work arises in the event of a breakdown inside the case. If you are faced with a breakdown of the washing machine, you need to understand the cause of the malfunction. this is where disassembly is needed. In many cases it starts with removing the cover.
If you are wondering which washing machines have the top cover removed, then the first answer to the question is: front-loading washing machine. In the article, we will consider whether you can do it yourself.
As for brands and models, it happens that under the same brand there are different model lines in which the covers are removed in different ways, or maybe they are not removed at all.
If your machine is not older than 10 years, the top cover must be removed in it.
Removing the top cover of the washing machine does not require careful preparation, and from the tools you only need a screwdriver. give preference to the cross type.
Important! The top panel is bolted at the back. Therefore, if your washing machine is installed right next to the wall, you need to pull out the machine.
Do not forget about safety: before removing the cover, unplug the power cord by pulling the plug out of the socket. Then proceed like this:
- Pull out the clipper for convenience, and unscrew the mounting bolts (located at the back).
- Move the panel back a little by pushing it slightly.
- When it comes out of its grooves, you can easily remove it.
- Now nothing prevents you from getting inside the washing machine to make the necessary checks and repairs.
Knowing how to open the top cover of a washing machine automatically gives you an idea of how to close it. To replace the panel, you need to put the front part in the grooves and push it forward. At the very end, fasteners are screwed in.
How to remove the top cover from the washing machine
Detaching the top panel is often difficult for ordinary users. But, once you remove the top cover yourself, you will make sure that there is nothing complicated about it, and you will forever remember the easy sequence of actions. You don’t need professional skills, expensive and rare tool, a lot of time.
Use our recommendations and you will learn how to remove the top cover of the washing machine.
Above, we examined the removal of the upper part from the machines, which provide for the classic fastening of the top cover. But what to do if your cover is fastened differently?
This question is often asked by owners of washing machines such as ARDO. As in the standard case, you will need to unscrew the mounting bolts. But further actions are radically different:
- After removing the screws, lift the back of the cover slightly up.
- While continuing to lift the panel, slide it forward, moving it relative to the machine body.
- You can move a part by doing operations only at a certain angle. If it doesn’t work the first time, try again and again until you “catch” the desired degree.
In Bosch and Siemens machines, released a long time ago, the panels are also attached differently. In modern models, there are no difficulties with removal, but with the “old ladies” you need to tinker with:
- Find the mounting bolts. They are located not on the back, but on the front panel and are hidden by plugs.
- After unscrewing the fasteners, lift the panel and pull it forward relative to the Washing machine body. As in the previous case, you need to look for a suitable angle for easy panel removal.
To thoroughly understand how to properly disassemble the case, starting from the top of the machine, watch the tutorial. and you will definitely succeed:
What to do if none of the methods worked
This means that the filter of the washing machine cannot be removed due to scale or lime deposits from hard water. Follow these steps sequentially to resolve the issue. This will help minimize possible costs for new parts.
- Soak a glass with a filter in a solution of water and citric acid, if you have already removed it, to dissolve the lime. Or run a maintenance wash with citric acid if you haven’t disassembled the pump yet. For soaking, you will need a container in which a glass with a filter is placed so that it is completely under water. Pour water hot, but not boiling, in the region of 40-60 ° C to reduce the likelihood of damage to the plastic parts of the assembly and the rubber filter gasket. Pour citric acid about a tablespoon on the basin. It may be necessary to weight the snail with a filter with something so that it does not float up after filling the container with water. Leave the filter to soak for 1-2 hours, then try to unscrew it. It’s not a fact that it will work, but if it works, then you will save on new parts. The only thing that may suffer is the rubber gasket of the filter. The acid can damage it and will require replacement. A sure sign of damage to the gasket is a leak from the filter after reinstallation.
- Try to gently break the filter out of the snail and install a new one. The plastic is brittle and can be cut with wire cutters, then twisted and cleaned out. Proceed carefully, do not damage the thread of the glass (snail). Otherwise, the entire snail will need to be replaced, not just the filter. With a damaged snail thread, the new drain filter will leak.
- Replace the volute and filter assembly. Immediately, if you do not want to bother with unscrewing, or when it was not possible to carefully break the filter. This is more expensive than buying a gasket or a new trap filter. But the replacement ensures that the filter does not leak after installation.
How to remove the drain filter on a washing machine if it cannot be twisted or pulled out
The drain filter in the washing machine protects the pump from debris and foreign trifles that get into the tank with clothes. To prevent the filter from clogging and obstructing drainage, it must be cleaned regularly. But sometimes the owners of washing machines forget about it, and the filter overflows with debris. As a result, the following situations of equipment failure arise:
- The machine does not pump water from the tank and displays a drain error code.
- The washing machine works intermittently. Water from the tank leaves slowly and not completely. The machine stops and shows an error. A loud pump noise is often heard. Occasionally there is a tapping sound as if something had hit the pump.
In the user’s manual, in order to eliminate such errors, it is recommended to remove the filter from the washing machine and clean it. Usually the information is given in the form of a diagram and a short description of the steps for cleaning.
After reading the instructions, the owner or mistress of the automatic machine opens the hatch or bottom panel and encounters another problem:
- The drain filter cannot be removed. Lid handle does not budge, as if it were welded to the body.
- The filter scrolls by a quarter or a half turn, but does not go further.
- The filter seems to be completely unscrewed, but does not pull out.
How to be and what to do if the filter in the washing machine does not open is not indicated in the manual. Therefore, we have prepared a quick guide on how to get the stubborn drain filter out of the washing machine.
First, let’s figure out why the drainage node stumbles and does not want to obey.
3 ways to open the drain filter
Unplug the Washing machine and turn off the water supply before proceeding with the “operation”. Apply the presented methods sequentially, if the previous option did not help, use the following.
The first method. use a tool if the filter cover does not twist off
There is a handle on the filter cover or hole plug. Try turning it with pliers or pliers. Be very careful not to break the filter.
The second method is to tilt the machine back and tap the filter cover with your hand.
The method works for all three problems:
- when the filter does not rotate at all,
- spins, but only a quarter or half a turn,
- unscrews but cannot be removed.
Tilt the machine back 45 degrees (it is better to lean on the wall) and knock with your fist or palm on the filter cover and next to the body. It is possible that foreign objects (coins, parts of the underwire from a bra, hairpins, socks, etc.) that lock the filter will change their position and stop blocking its loosening or pulling out.
The third way. dismantle the drain pump, clean the volute and unscrew-pull out the filter
Also works for all three “troubles” with a filter:
- when the filter does not spin at all,
- turns, but only a quarter or half a turn,
- unscrews but does not pull out.
The method is complicated, so proceed with it if the first two options did not help to remove the drain filter. Your goal is to get to the snail with a drainage pump, disconnect the pump from it (sometimes it is more convenient to do this by removing the snail glass itself) and clean the filter through the hole.
Advice! If you are far from technology and do not understand at all about the device of the washing machine, we recommend calling the master. For example, from our workshop. Self-repair can not only take a lot of time from a layman, but also lead to more costly consequences.
In modern washing machines with horizontal loading, depending on the design features, the volute with a drain pump can be dismantled using the following three methods.
From the bottom through the bottom, if there is access. If there is no bottom or it can be easily removed, then it is most convenient to dismantle the pump in this way. Lay the washing machine on its side or tilt it back 45-60 degrees against the wall. Look for the pump immediately after the filter at the bottom edge of the case.
Note! In some models of washing machines, the bottom is partially missing, but access to the pump is hampered by a steel bar with a shock absorber mount (a very common design in the Bosch brand). Or in models of washing machines with protection of the case against leaks, the “Aquastop” sensor is installed at the bottom. In both cases, the described method of accessing the pump is not suitable.
Through the back wall. In such Washing machines, the drain pump is located closer to the back wall, so it is very convenient to get to it in this way. The back panel is usually fixed with four screws and can be easily removed. This pump design is often found on ARDO washing machines.
In front, removing the front panel with the hatch. The most time consuming, but sometimes the only method. For example, in many Bosch and Siemens models with horizontal loading, there is no other way to get to the pump.
You will need to dismantle the top cover of the machine and the outer clamp that secures the rubber door collar to the front panel. Additionally, it may be necessary to remove the detergent hopper, remove the control panel and unscrew the screws that secure the UBL to the front facade with a hatch. Only after these steps can the facade itself be removed, which is usually held by 3-4 screws. Two screws, as a rule, are located in the corners of the bottom (to get to them, sometimes you need to remove the bottom panel-plank). With the remaining one or two screws, there may be different options, depending on the brand-model of the washing machine. They usually need to be found in the upper corners of the bezel or around the dispenser.
Note! The described methods of access to the drain pump are used by the masters for machines with a horizontal load of linen. If you have a top-loading Washing machine, it is very easy to get to the pump through the side wall. right or left. Which one, look at the location of the filter. Closer to which wall the filter is located, if you look at the machine from the front, you remove that.
The general procedure after you have accessed the pump is as follows:
- Disconnect the power wires from the pump.
- Place a rag or a basin under the snail with a pump, and carry out all further actions over them.
- Using pliers or pliers, remove the clamp that secures the tank drain to the pump and disconnect it from the volute.
- Try cleaning the volute through the drain hole. If it is not possible to get to the hole or to remove objects that block the filter’s unscrewing-pulling out, it was not possible, continue disassembling the pump.
- Disconnect the clamp that secures the drain hose to the pump and remove the hose from the volute.
- Disconnect the pump assembly from the washing machine body. Typically, the pump assembly with the volute is attached either to the front wall of the machine or to the bottom with a few screws or screws.
- Disassemble the pump into parts by disconnecting the pump itself from the glass (snail). It is attached to the cochlea with screws or latches. In the first case, you need to unscrew the screws (usually 3 pieces), in the second, turn the pump counterclockwise so that the latches come out of the slots.
- Clean the pump glass through the opening.
After cleaning, the drain filter should easily unscrew or pull out.
Why can’t you unscrew, remove and get the filter
The main reason is foreign objects. Pile, wool, hair, small foreign bodies, handkerchiefs, napkins, socks fall into the trap in front of the pump and tightly block its movement in the snail.
rarely, removing the filter on a washing machine makes it difficult for the threads to scale. It is formed if it has not been cleaned for a long time.
Recommended! Clean the filter from debris and foreign objects every 2-4 months. Detailed instructions are in the article “How to clean the filter in the washing machine”.
Removing the top cover of the Bosch washing machine
In the event of a breakdown of equipment, repairs cannot be avoided. Despite its reliability, a Bosch washing machine can also break. To start repairing it, any master, and even more so a beginner, needs to know all the nuances of removing the cover of a Bosch washing machine, because it is with her that everything starts. Let’s take everything step by step.
Opening the top cover on a modern washing machine is the simplest thing to do during a renovation. Before proceeding with it, be sure to unplug the washing machine from the outlet. By de-energizing the device, you make it safe, and this is above all. Then follow the instructions below:
- Pull out the clipper to an unobstructed area allowing access to the rear of the sewing machine. Disconnect the sewerage and water supply hoses, if necessary. When you pull out the machine, the length of the hoses may simply not be enough and they will create additional inconveniences for you.
Be sure to turn off the water supply to the washing machine before starting work.
- Take a T-20 star-shaped screwdriver or a Phillips screwdriver.
- From the back of the washing machine, find the two bolts on the sides, as shown in the photo below, and unscrew them completely.
- Now slide the cover towards you, that is, from front to back relative to the machine, and then lift it up. That’s all, access to many technical details is provided. Read about the full analysis in the publication How to disassemble a Bosch washing machine.
To put the cover back in place, you will first have to slide it into the grooves. Only then tighten the bolts.
Old-generation Bosch washing machines, of which there are not so many left, have a different lid fixing. The self-tapping screws holding it are not located at the back, but on the side, closer to the control panel, as in the photo. Please note that such bolts can be hidden by plugs.
Removing the top cover of any brand of front-loading washing machine is not difficult, in most cases they are attached in the same way, with two screws at the back. Styles LG, Samsung, Ariston, Electrolux, Indesit, Hansa, Whirlpool have a similar mount. However, there are exceptions, we will give examples.
On the ARDO typewriter, you have to show a little dexterity. On this machine, the cover is also attached with two bolts at the back. But to raise it, you will have to move the part at an angle forward relative to the machine body. What angle it is, you will understand for yourself when the cover comes out of the grooves of the latches.
The side fastening of the cover is provided by washing machines of the German brand Miele. The hex head bolts are hidden under the plugs. These plugs are easily removed with a knife or flat screwdriver. Having unscrewed the screws, you need to lift the cover up and remove it from the latches located on the back wall on the sides.
A few words should be said about top-loading machines, because their top cover has a different purpose, and therefore it is removed in a different way. How exactly, we will consider using the example of a typewriter of the Indesit brand. In order to dismantle the top cover in case of repair, you need:
- remove the control panel, which is attached to the back with two self-tapping screws for a Phillips screwdriver;
- gently lift the panel without pulling out the wires;
- disconnect the wiring from the panel and put it aside;
- carefully look under the cover of the machine at the back, on the right and on the left, find three self-tapping screws: two screws at the top and one at the bottom;
- unscrew the lower screws;
- gently using a screwdriver, pry the cover up by the holes, this must be done alternately, first a little on the left, then lift it on the right, then lift the cover on the left, and then on the right. With such gradual movements, you will not break off the latches.
- lift the cover up, as you feel that the latches are completely detached.
As you can see, it is not so difficult to open the top cover on washing machines of any brand, including Bosch, the main thing is to find fasteners. And all the rest will be able to figure out in the course of work. Good luck!
Causes of breakdowns
There are a number of reasons why a Bosch washing machine can fail. Let’s consider them in turn.
She may not drain the water at the end of the wash cycle for one of the following reasons:
- Clogged pump or drain filter;
- Poor contact between power supply and pump;
- Drain pump defective;
- Broken water level sensor.
The drum stop can happen for the following reasons:
- The drive belt is worn out;
- Malfunction of the control board or electronics;
- Failure of the electric motor (rare case).
The drum may make noise during operation. This may be due to the following reasons:
- Bearings came out of standing;
- Small items are stuck in the drum;
- The shock absorber has broken;
- Counterweight problems.
It is possible that no water is drawn into the tank. In this case, the following reasons are distinguished:
- Clogged Aquastop system or pump;
- Lack of water in the plumbing;
- Hall of the drain hose.
If the electric motor does not start, then most likely the drum door is not closed or the electronics are out of order. After finding the cause of the malfunction, you can proceed with the repair.
Washing machine Bosch (Bosch): DIY repair
- Breakdown diagnostics
- Most common faults
- Causes of breakdowns
- Drain filter repair
- Replacing the heating element
- Replacing the drive belt and bearings
- How to eliminate noise in the drum of the machine
- Eliminating engine and electronics faults
Today, washing machines are a common feature in apartments and private houses. Bosch washing machines are very popular, since they are made from high-quality materials using modern technologies. But even such machines can fail over time. From this article you will learn how to repair a Bosch washing machine with your own hands.
Replacing the drive belt and bearings
Replacing bearings on Bosch washing equipment is a rather difficult task, since for this you will need to disassemble almost the entire washing machine. See how to replace bearings:
Stopping the motor can cause wear on the drive belt. You can replace this element yourself. To do this, you must perform the following sequence of actions:
- Open the back cover of the Bosch washing machine;
- Remember how the belt is attached to the grooves of the pulley. Better to photograph this element.
- Take the belt slightly below the pulley and gently pull it towards you.
- Turn the pulley counterclockwise with your free hand.
- Pull the old belt out of the washer body.
- Put a new belt on the motor of the Bosch washing machine.
- Pull the belt with one hand and try to put the drive belt on the pulley with the other.
- Turn the pulley counterclockwise without loosening the belt. In this case, you must try to put on the belt completely.
- Install the cover of the Bosch washing machine.
Replacing the heating element
You can replace the heating element of your Bosch washing machine yourself. To do this, you need to remove the back cover of the Bosch washing machine. The Tubular Heater is located underneath the tank. To replace the heating element, proceed as follows:
- Unscrew the bolt that fixes the heating element to the tank.
- Disconnect the wires;
- Dismantle the Tubular Heater;
- Install a new heating element and carry out all the steps in reverse order.
Most common faults
According to Bosch service technicians, the following breakdowns are most common:
- Water does not heat up during washing;
- Water does not drain;
- The drum does not rotate;
- The drum of the washing machine makes a noise;
- Water is not collected;
- The motor does not start.
When analyzing faults, we can come to the conclusion that in washing machines Bosch most often comes out of the standing Tubular Heater. If the heating element is broken, and the electronic system is working properly, the repair will not take much time.
How to eliminate noise in the drum of the machine
Before replacing the shock absorbers, you need to carefully examine the drum of the Bosch washing machine using a flashlight. There is probably a small object stuck in it, which makes a noise when the drum rotates. How to replace shock absorbers in a washing machine, you can learn from the following:
Loose counterweights, which are located at the bottom of the Bosch washing machine and under the top cover, can also cause noise. To eliminate this malfunction, tighten the counterweight fasteners.
If you cannot fix the counterweight, it is recommended to replace it with a similar one. This failure is quite rare.
The operating instructions for your Bosch washing machine should contain information on how to perform this diagnosis. If the drum has stopped rotating, then you must perform the following sequence of actions:
- Close the door;
- Set the program selection knob to the “Off” position;
- Wait a couple of seconds;
- The spin handle should be set to the “Spin” position;
- Then wait until the “Start” button starts blinking;
- Hold the “Spin RPM” button pressed;
- Wait until the “Start” button flashes again;
- Set the handle to the “Drain” mode;
- Release the “Spin revolutions” button;
- Determine the last breakdown by the error code for the Bosch washing machine.
The program clears the last error from memory and runs diagnostics. To check the electric motor, set the mode selection knob to position 3.
To check the drain pump, set the knob to position 4. You can check the Tubular Heater by setting position 5. Diagnostics of the hot or cold water inlet valves is carried out by selecting positions 6 and 7. When position 8 is selected, the water inlet valve is tested during the main wash, and 9. pre-wash.
Drain filter repair
The drain filter is located at the bottom of the machine, under a cover or panel. To clean the filter. open the cover. To do this, turn it counterclockwise. Filter. rinse and reinstall.
To clean or replace the drain pump, you must remove the front cover of your Bosch washing machine. This work is laborious, but not difficult.
Quite often, there is a malfunction in which water is not drawn into the Bosch washing machine. In this case, it is necessary to check the water supply and the water supply valve. They can be closed. Next, check if there are any kinks on the drain hose. If everything is in order, check the condition of Aquastop. If this element of the Bosch washing machine is out of order, it should be replaced with a new one.
If the water level sensor breaks down, it must be replaced. To do this, first dismantle the top cover by unscrewing the two screws located at the back. This sensor should be located in the right corner under the cover. To remove the water level sensor, you need to push down on the latch. Next, remove the hose and disconnect the contacts. Instead of the old sensor, a new one is mounted.
Eliminating engine and electronics faults
There are two ways to fix this problem. The essence of the first method is that the electric motor of the Bosch washing machine must be removed and returned to the craftsmen for repair. Perhaps they can fix the problem. If the engine cannot be repaired, then it will need to be replaced. Such a replacement will be quite expensive.
In order to get to the Bosch washing machine motor, you need to remove the back wall of the washing machine. The engine is located under the tank. First you need to disconnect the wires and sensor from the motor. Secure the engine with three fasteners. They must be unscrewed. Experts advise to check the condition of the sensor condensate before removing the motor. For these purposes, you will need a multimeter. It is necessary to connect the probes of the device to the contacts and look at its indicators. The multimeter should read 20-50 ohms.
If the control unit fails, you need to call the wizard or dismantle the part and take it to the Bosch service center. You should not try to repair the electronics of German technology. After all, to perform such work, you need to know many subtleties.