LG washing machine how to drain water. Problem detected. water does not drain itself
But how do you open the door when the tank is full? Yes, and it will not work, most likely, because your machine probably provides protection against opening when the minimum water level is exceeded. How, in such a situation, to organize a drain for the washing machine?
How to drain water in your LG washing machine
It so happens that the LG washing machine draws up water, and the washing stops for some reason. Or you accidentally remembered that you forgot to take documents or a phone from the s of your washable trousers. In such a situation, immediately drain the water from the tank and open the hatch. How to quickly drain water on an LG washing machine?
We drain through the hatch
None of the above methods helped? We solve the problem simply. open the door and remove the water manually. You will have to act as follows:
- if the liquid level is not higher than the lower cut of the door, carefully tilt the machine so that water does not spill onto the floor when opening. The unit must first be supported on the wall;
- open the door;
- scoop out the liquid with a jar or ladle.
This option does not allow the liquid to be drained, and the machine door may be blocked even when the device is disconnected from the mains.
Directly from the drum
If the washing machine is designed so that the drum door does not lock when water is there, then it can be removed by opening the door for loading laundry.
In machines with top loading, to scoop out the water, we use any container: a jar, a ladle, a mug. With horizontal loading, this method is possible, first of all, with a small amount of water that remains in the drum.
Important! If there is a lot of water in the drum and you understand that when the door is open it will literally “gush” you, tilt the machine back a little so that it rests on the wall with the upper part of the back surface.
Reasons for incomplete draining of water from the washing machine
Regardless of which brand of car you use, no brand protects against failure. Don’t despair. First of all, you need to understand why it became possible.
Professionals suggest that the reasons for incomplete drainage of water are most often associated with blockages. The following parts of the machine can clog up and stop draining water:
Preparing the car for the winter season
It is recommended to drain the water from the washing machine for the winter. This measure is necessary if the Washing Machine is placed in an environment where the liquid inside will freeze. To prevent damage to the unit and to drain all the water, proceed as follows:
- shut off the water supply;
- disconnect the water intake and drain hoses;
- connect the device to the electrical network;
- pour 3.8 l of antifreeze onto the drum, close the door;
- rotate the washing machine for one minute to completely drain off the remaining water. With this procedure, there will be residues of antifreeze in the car;
- de-energize the machine, dry the drum, close the hatch;
- we remove the tray for washing powders, wipe it dry, set it in place;
- the machine remains upright.
No. 1. With a drain hose
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- disconnect the drain hose from the sewer cuff (or siphon) and remove it from the bracket for attaching the hose to the machine, if any;
- the end of the hose pulled out of the sewer cuff (or siphon) is lowered into the basin;
- we lower the hose as low as possible entirely to allow water to drain into the basin under its own pressure.
So, most likely, it will turn out to drain the water from the washing machine Indesit, Ariston and Samsung.
But to drain the water from the Bosch or Siemens washing machine in this way may not work. These manufacturers often have internal protection against involuntary drainage of water, and this method is unlikely to help you in this option.
In order to understand whether it will work out or not to drain the water this way, read what is written about this in the instructions for the machine.
This clogging can occur not only in the filter. A clogged drain hose prevents the water from draining. Also, make sure that the hose does not bend so that water cannot pass freely through it.
Manifestations of the problem
- Water drains out more slowly than usual.
- An unknown problem occurs in the program. An error.
- The program is interrupted before draining, and the water simply does not leave the machine.
- Drain problems are intermittent (they do not occur every wash).
- The rinse drain system does not work. The washing machine sometimes hums or rattles, but does not drain.
- When spinning, the washing machine does not spin.
Possible causes of poor spinning and how to fix them
- The LG washing machine is running low. Restart the program. This should help.
- Decreased engine power. You need to check the brushes and motor winding.
- The tachogenerator has broken. The drum rotation speed changes chaotically. The tachogenerator needs to be repaired.
Reasons why the LG washing machine won’t drain:
- There is a connecting pipe between the tub of the washing machine and the pump. He could get clogged with garbage.
- A foreign object is stuck in the pump itself.
- The filter of the washing machine is clogged with debris.
- The pump is broken.
- Clogged sewer or clogged drain siphon.
- There is a blockage in the drain hose.
- Program control unit defective.
- Problem with the water drain sensor.
We have listed only the main reasons why the LG washing machine stopped draining water. Other options are also possible. The master will be able to pinpoint the reason. Let’s figure out how to repair such a washing machine. The other extreme can be constant draining of water.
Why does the washing machine constantly drain water??
- Scale on the pressure switch or blockage;
- Incorrect connection of the washing machine;
- The inlet valve is broken;
- Problem with the water level sensor;
How to drain water from an LG washing machine?
If the water could not be drained automatically, then we will try to do it forcibly.
Attention! Before draining the water, unplug the washing machine, prepare pots and rags.
To drain the water from your LG washing machine if it breaks down, do the following:
- Some washing machines are capable of draining water urgently. There is a tube with a lid behind the front panel next to the filter. Having unscrewed it, you need to slowly drain the water. If there is no such cover, then do not despair. There are other ways. But do not close the decorative hatch yet. It will still be useful to us.
- If your washing machine is on a podium, then you can disconnect the drain hose from the sewer and lower it below the level of the machine (for example, into a toilet or basin). The water will flow by gravity. If this does not happen, then your machine has an anti-leak valve in the hose. Move on to another way.
- There is a filter on the bottom of the LG washing machine. Debris from washing accumulates in it. It is necessary to remove the panel (usually this is a square, the purpose of which, you did not even think about), slip a pallet under the filter and unscrew it a little counterclockwise. To facilitate the task, you can tilt the machine forward towards a basin or other pallet.
Attention! accurate with a plug. The pressure of the water can knock it out and there will be a flood.
- In addition, you can move the machine and unscrew the back wall. There is a tube with a clamp under the drum. He takes it off and disconnects the tube. This pipe could be clogged, so don’t be surprised if the water doesn’t pour out right away. Then clear it out get ready for the flow of water.
- If all these methods do not suit you, for some reason, then you can try to tilt the car back, then open the door and scoop out the water with a jar, ladle or something else.
Important! Do not try to open the door if it is blocked. You can break the automatic lock.
How do I manually drain the washing machine? Instructions
LG washing machines are reliable enough, but they also have problems. If you have just such a machine, and suddenly she refused to drain the water, then this article is for you. What to do if your LG washing machine won’t drain?
- General issues
- Manifestations of the problem
- Solution overview
- How to repair a machine after draining the water
Prerequisites for water drainage problems:
- The pump hums harder and takes longer to drain. In this case, the laundry is wrung out worse, and the washing time becomes longer than usual.
- If the washing machine runs louder (hums or crackles), then the filter is clogged. He needs cleaning.
- If the water does not drain exactly during rinsing, then this indicates a malfunction in the program. The control unit is defective. The same malfunction is evidenced by the case if the door of the washing machine does not open periodically.
On a note! You can try unplugging the machine and plugging it back in. Perhaps the water will drain automatically upon restart.
How to repair a machine after draining the water
If you didn’t get rid of the water in the third way, then it makes sense to look into the front hatch to the filter and clean it. There you can find the cause of the breakdown and a bunch of things that fell off during washing.
- Cleaning the pipe.
We proposed this operation as the fourth method. If you chose not it, then remove the back cover. We unscrew the fasteners of the drain unit. Removes the pipe. Remove the clamp. The water has already been drained, so not much of it may drain. Then just push the pipe. If there are thickenings and obstacles, then there is a blockage. Delete it and put it all back.
- Impeller check.
If you checked the filter and the branch pipe, and you did not find a blockage, then in the pump impeller. It is located directly behind the filter. Some object could have hit it, as a result, it jammed. Try to twist it. If it worked without problems and nothing fell out of her, then she is fine.
- Drain pump repair
We remove the filter. Turn on the machine for spin mode. Shine a light on the impeller and see if it is spinning. We did not find any foreign objects in it, we recall. If it does not spin, then the problem remains in the motor.
We buy a new pump (pump) and change it as follows:
- Remove the entire machine drain unit;
- We detach the drain pump from this unit;
- Disconnect all wires from it;
- Installing a new pump and assembling in reverse order.
We figured out the prerequisites for water drainage breakdowns, the reasons for this situation, the methods for draining water and repairing. Now you shouldn’t be intimidated if your home assistant suddenly refuses to drain the water.
Quick and Easy Ways to Drain Your Washing Machine
Regardless of which brand of washing machine has a problem, the water must be drained as quickly as possible. This can be done manually and rather quickly.
Before starting the procedure, be sure to disconnect the device from the mains and prepare a container for water and rags.
The way to drain the water using the drain hose:
- First you need to detach the hose from the machine, and if it enters the sewer hole, then get it out of there;
- Next, you need to place the hose below the level of the tank;
- Then it remains to lower the end of the hose into the prepared container and the liquid should begin to pour out by itself.
This method is very quick and easy, but keep in mind that it is not applicable to all models of washing machines. For example, some Siemens or Bosch washing machines have a special loop inside their case, which prevents uncontrolled draining of water. In everyday life, this is a very useful function, as it protects the machine from leaks, but in this case it may interfere with pumping out water.
You can also get rid of the liquid with an emergency hose. For this you need:
- Get out the hose (usually it is located where the drain filter is located);
- Pull the plug out of it and pour the water into the prepared container.
When using an emergency hose, it should be borne in mind that this will be a very long process, since its hole is small. In addition, you need to know that not all models have such a device.
But what about those with an old-fashioned washing machine? In them, water is supplied from above, and is drained through a hose.
If such a problem occurs, then you can remove the water:
- Over the top of the machine, tilting it;
- Using a pump;
- Scooping out with any container suitable for this.
As you can see, it is not so difficult to manually remove the liquid from the machine’s tank. The main thing is to do it in time.
How to drain the washing machine: 5 ways
Methods: how to drain water from an Indesit washing machine
Problems with draining water can occur in a washing machine of any model and brand. Therefore, if such a fate befell the Indesit washing machine, there are several ways that can help drain the liquid from the device.
One of the reasons for the presence of water in the tank is a clogged drain pipe. This happens if the drain filter does not unscrew or, when it is removed, water does not flow.
What can be done in this case:
- Remove the panel located at the back of the device;
- Place a container for water under the nozzle (it is under the drum) or put rags;
- Remove the clamp connecting the pump with the branch pipe and disconnect them from each other;
- If the water has not poured, you will have to clean the resulting blockage;
- Start draining liquid.
If the above methods did not work, you can try to throw the water out of the machine with your hands, opening the hatch for this purpose. True, this is possible only if it is not blocked, and the liquid level in the device is above the lower edge of the hatch.
Stages of draining the liquid:
- Tilt the machine back and lean on the wall so that when the hatch is opened, water does not flow onto the floor;
- Open the hatch door;
- Start scooping up liquid with a mug, ladle or any other suitable container.
Unfortunately, this method is long and not very effective, since it will not be possible to completely drain all the water. It is worth resorting to it in the most extreme cases.
Why does not water leave the washing machine
If there is some kind of breakdown in the washing machine and the water does not leave, the machine can display the corresponding error code.
For each brand of washing machine, it has its own:
- Samsung. Е2;
- Bosch. d02, F18, d03;
- LG. OE;
- Indesit and Ariston. F11 or F05;
- Beko. H5;
- Zanussi and Electrolux. EF1;
- Whirlpool. F03.
Why is this happening? To know what to check or fix, you need to know the reasons why water remains in the machine after washing.
There may be several such reasons:
- The drain hose through which the water is leaving is bent or clogged;
- The siphon or sewage system is clogged, due to which water remains in the drum, in this case you will have to clean the system;
- The drain pump has broken down or the pipe is clogged;
- Perhaps the drain is not provided for by the program (this also happens in certain wash modes);
- Small objects have fallen into the drain filter;
- In a malfunction, the liquid level sensor, due to which the machine incorrectly detects the water level and does not drain it;
- The program itself crashed.
The occurrence of such a problem may be accompanied by an increased hum before spinning and draining, and if a crackling sound is still heard at the same time, then there may be something wrong with the pump.
By the way, water can remain in the tank due to being overloaded with laundry. So do not stuff things into the hatch of the washing machine “to the eyeballs”.
How to drain water from your LG washing machine
If an LG or any other washing machine breaks down and this is characterized by the fact that it does not drain water, you can try to drain the liquid from the machine using a drain filter. It is found in almost every car model. automatic.
This filter is a circular opening, usually located in the lower right corner of the machine. Sometimes it is covered by a panel or decorative hatch. Designed to protect the pump from foreign objects entering it.
The liquid is drained using a drain filter as follows:
- First you need to open a decorative hatch or remove a panel, since the filter is located just behind them;
- Next, you need to slightly tilt the machine on its side and support it with a wall so that a water container can be placed under the edge of the device;
- Then it remains to take the filter handle and very carefully and carefully turn it counterclockwise, but not completely;
- Drain water until the tank is completely empty.
The disadvantage of this method is that during this process a lot of water is poured directly onto the floor and you have to quickly remove it by hand.
Instructions: how to drain the washing machine
Thus, it is clear that there are quite enough options to get rid of the water in the washing machine. The main thing is to do it on time, without waiting for the water to stagnate, the linen to “go out” and an unpleasant smell will be added to all the troubles. If you can’t get rid of the liquid in one way, you need to try another. There are no hopeless situations!
If there is little water inside
If you can open the door without any problems, then draining the water is as easy as shelling pears. just draw by hand. You can do a little differently. It may be faster in time, but physical force is needed to carry out the operation. So, just open the washer door, place a basin or pan under it, then tilt the machine forward.
If none of the methods works, and you can’t open the machine in any way, there is another option to try to “crack” the lock on the hatch door. To do this, stock up on wire or a thin cord. Pass it through the space between the body and the door, pick up the lock. After that, the hatch should open.
How to drain water from an LG washing machine?
It happens that the LG washing machine stops exactly in the process of washing. Added to this nuisance is the fact that restarting and other actions have no effect. Of course, the first thing that worries the user in such a situation is how to get the laundry, because the hatch stubbornly does not open? In fact, in such a situation, you just need to drain the water from the LG washing machine.
Special method from the manufacturer
The manufacturers of washing machines have carefully thought out everything and provided a special element with which you can easily drain the water from the drum in the event of an accident, this is even written in the instructions. It is called a drainage hose. The element is located at the bottom of the washer, in the front, in the right corner. If you open the door and find the filter with your eyes, it is easy to find the end of the hose, covered with a special pimp. Grasp the hose and pull it out to the maximum, place an empty volumetric container under it and open the plug.
If you run out of space in the container, temporarily reattach the plug on the hose and drain the liquid. Then put the container back in place and continue the process. Repeat these steps until there is no water left in the drum.
This method is considered proven and recommended, as it was developed by specialists. However, remember that there should be no blockages in the snail, otherwise, even after uncorking the hose, the water will not find a way out.
The drain pump is reliably protected in the LG washing machine by a special filter that prevents small particles of debris from entering the machine. The filter is located next to the drain hose at the front bottom of the Washing machine. This part can also be used to empty the drum in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Disconnect the unit from the power supply.
- Stock up on plenty of rags and rags and put them in a pile next to the washing machine.
- Tilt the machine forward and support it from the back with some kind of block so that it takes a stable position.
- Take rags and put them over the drain filter.
- Open the filter plug slightly to allow water to flow out. When the rags have absorbed the maximum amount, put the stopper back in and wring out the rag. Do this until the drum is completely empty.
It should be said that this method will take a lot of time and effort, but it is just as reliable and can rarely cause side effects. The main thing is to do everything carefully and make sure that the washer is firmly in a tilted position.
As a last resort, try removing the back panel of the washer. Place a container or a rag under the socket. Remove the pump and pipe connector. After that, disconnect the pipe and wait for the water to completely pour out of the hatch. You may need to clean the hole first.
If the washing machine breaks down, it is better to consult a specialist. It is better not to disassemble the unit if the warranty period for the equipment has not yet expired. You need to find a warranty card and call the service center.
How to drain the washing machine yourself? Reasons for the breakdown of the drain system
No one is immune from unexpected breakdown of the drain system when the washing machine finishes washing, but leaves water in the drum.
If you react incorrectly, you can not only flood your neighbors from below, but also get a lot of troubles associated with pouring a large amount of water on the floor and damage to property. Therefore, it is better to know in advance how to drain the water from the washing machine yourself.
Sometimes housewives do not notice that water remains in the washing machine. Then the opening of the drum is accompanied by an unexpected surprise in the form of a sudden pouring of several liters of liquid onto the floor.
In this case, the main thing is not to panic, but to immediately close the drum in order to stop further leakage, immediately wipe the floors, having previously collected the water in a bucket. After that, we study in detail the question: “How to drain the water from the washing machine?” (earlier in the article). Women, of course, are better off not doing repairs on their own. Masters will do the job quickly and efficiently, and you will save your nerves. Relax, have a cup of tea, because not every day you suddenly have water in the washing machine after washing.
Reasons for the breakdown of the drain system
Sometimes the drain breakage is insignificant, and it is eliminated in just 10 minutes. Therefore, it is still worth inspecting the car before the arrival of a specialist.
Here are the main reasons for the malfunction of the drain:
How to recognize a broken drain system?
To avoid spilling water on the floor, we learn to assess the situation, do not open the washing machine until we are convinced that the laundry is sufficiently wrung out and there is no water in the drum.
The breakdown of the drainage system can be determined by the following indicators:
- The sound has changed, the machine is humming, but you cannot hear the overflow of the flow, and water splashes in the drum even after the spin mode.
- Water can be seen in open machines with a glass sunroof, but this reading may not be accurate. over, if the water is on a par with the lower edge, then the machine can be safely opened.
- When the centrifuge is running, water is visible and audible at the same time.
We drain the water ourselves
So, you have definitely determined that the drain system is broken, but laundry with a large amount of water remains in the drum. Immediately you have to decide the question of how to drain the water from the washing machine.
In this case, you need to act according to a certain scheme.
- Disconnect the machine from the power supply.
- We prepare a container for collecting water, put floor rags with good absorbency at its base. The drum can hold up to 30 liters of water.
- The washing machine is drained with a filter. The filter is a round hole that is most often found in the lower right corner. Sometimes the filter is covered with a bezel, in this case, first remove the panel, and then unscrew the filter. It should be unscrewed carefully, without sudden movements and efforts.
- The water starts to flow out immediately. We collect it with improvised means. you can substitute a basin or a small low dish, and after collecting it, pour the water into buckets. If you have parquet, laminate, then the floors will need to be wiped immediately as best as possible.
- You can also drain the water from the washing machine by unscrewing the drain hose from the siphon and lowering it into a prepared container. a bucket, bath, basin.
- After carefully collecting the water, open the machine and take out the laundry. Now it will have to be wrung out manually, but this is just a minor nuisance.
- After all the actions, it is worth making a decision about calling a master or self-repair.
How to drain water from an old washing machine?
Sometimes the need to drain the water arises when washing in old-style machines, because in most houses on the earth there is no sewage system, so the owners prefer to use just such machines. Water is loaded into them from above, and the drain is carried out through a hose. During long-term operation, the primitive drain system does not work, it is almost impossible to purchase spare parts. Then you can drain the water in several ways: through the top, tilting the machine; using a pump; scooping up any capacity. As we can see, there are no special problems with such models. However, our grandmothers and loved ones often have to advise and help drain the water from the drum of the washing machine.
Instead of a conclusion
Any problem can be solved, do not get upset over trifles. Correct response and calmness will help to quickly resolve the issue of a drain system breakdown. And then you don’t have to hand wash.