Step-by-step instructions in the pictures of connecting the washing machine
You need to prepare a set of plumbing and plumbing tools, including:
- adjustable wrench;
- flat screwdriver;
If you already had a typewriter in your house, then the most difficult step would be to install the new equipment in place. We will consider two instructions on how to connect the washing machine to the ready-made water connections and how to independently route the pipes from the water supply to the consumer hoses of the machine.
- Start by measuring the space where you will be installing the washing machine to determine how long the hoses should be. Before starting the installation, make sure the washing machine is close enough to connect the water, drain, and power cable. Ideally, the machine should be at a distance of 10 centimeters from the walls, bathroom and toilet (if the bathroom is combined);
- When installing a new washing machine, you need to install new hoses in any case. We draw your attention to the fact that now many manufacturers of washing machines (candy. kandy, daewoo, electrolux. Electrolux, indesit. Indesit, gorenje. gorenje, beko, samsung. Samsung, whirlpool. Whirlpool, zanussi. Zanussi, siemens. Siemens, ariston. Ariston, avest) use two water hoses, one of which is connected to a tap with hot water, and the other with cold water (if there is a mixer and a boiler). Each of these hoses are marked in blue and red respectively.
- Further, our instructions explain how to connect a washing machine to the sewer with your own hands. You just need to install a hose in the drain system on the back of the machine, secure it with a clamp and that’s it. When you’re done, just insert the hose into the drain line riser. Be sure to install it well so that it will not fly out of the pipe if the water pressure is strong. But you can connect directly without getting into the drainage system: just attach the drain hose to the toilet, sink or shower floor. Drainage connection
- Plug in the power cord before putting it back in place. Also check that the water hoses are connected correctly. First check the water line at all four connections for signs of leaks. Now turn on the washing machine and let it go through at least one wash cycle. Then, with the machine against the wall, lean on it and make sure no water leaks. This load test is the most effective way to protect yourself from a flood when washing.
A very difficult question is how to connect a washing machine in a village house. The problem is that in most cases there is no central water supply system, and water is brought into the house from a well or well. But there is a great way: connect a centrifugal household pump to the inlet hose.
circuit with a pump in action
Consider how to connect a vertical washing machine (built-in and movable), a detailed diagram is provided, to the power supply, mixer and water supply. You need to unscrew the top cover and remove it. The internal solenoid valves are now visible, they are located near the hose connector. When the washing machine fills in water, a signal is sent to them, because of which the contacts close, after filling the drum to the desired level, these contacts open. We need to attach a special terminal block to these contacts, and bring the wires out of the machine body.
And now according to the scheme proposed below. We connect the rectifier to the washing machine. A very important point: an electromagnetic starter or relay must be installed at the input of the device. And in the remaining break in the wires, we connect the pump (it is also possible to connect the station), and connect its hose to the barrel in which the industrial water will be stored. Thanks to such simple manipulations, the machine will consume water when and how much is needed in a cyclical rhythm. Such a water supply system will also help to bring water into the house to a boiler or heating boiler, and will work in any room.
Scheme: connecting a washing machine in the village
The diagram also shows a step-down transformer. Its use is optional, but highly desirable. If desired, you can also provide pump on / off signals (this is also indicated in the diagram in the form of diodes and piezoelements), of course, it is better to use them, but as unnecessary this capsule is simply removed from the circuit. In general, any element of this photo (except for the main ones) can be replaced with whatever is required.
Advice: do not directly connect the machine contacts to the pump, otherwise the engine will burn out.
Helpful installation tips
- Don’t forget to open the valve for water intake;
- Be sure to check the evenness of the installation using a level. If the machine is not level, then during washing the drum will deviate to the side, due to which over time it will “lose” the center and stop spinning;
- Close the valves every time after washing;
- Many washing machines are equipped with special transport contacts that protect the drum from knocks during transport. If there are such devices in your machine, they must be removed, otherwise the drum or glass may break during operation.
: connecting the washing machine
What if the machine has outlets for two hoses (hot and cold water), but you only have cold water? For such purposes, you can use a Y-shaped connector to connect it to a cold tap.
Hot and cold water hoses
The washing machine will work well, but the wash will take longer than if the water heater was in place. On average, the interval increases by 30 minutes-hour, depending on the selected mode and temperature.
How to install a tee. Simply use clamps to attach it to the hoses of the machine, and then to the siphon of the tap or pipe. Note from the master: if you do not connect the water supply to the hot water tap (or simply connect the cold water hose to a specific valve, leaving the hot tap not connected to anything), then some programs will not work. However, some washing machines will only work well with cold water. In any case, it is possible to check what type your machine belongs to, but it is still advisable to use a tee.
How to connect a washing machine with your own hands
The question of installing household appliances at least once in a lifetime is faced by every home craftsman. We suggest in our article to consider how to connect an automatic and semi-automatic washing machine to the water supply and sewage system in a private house and apartment (in the kitchen or in the bathroom) yourself.
Washing machine and grounding
Most often, the names of the grounding wire are forgotten, as a consequence, the machine shocks, albeit slightly, but still quite tangible. On the back wall of the machine, near the priming hose, there should be a green wire and a green screw, although on the overwhelming majority of modern machines it is inside and is automatically connected with a wire at the moment when the machine starts receiving power from the network.
Accordingly, the machine must have a 3-wire cable and grounded sockets for grounding to work. Do not under any circumstances attach the wire directly to the ground bus. it is unsafe. Also, if the house is private, then you need to lay a metal pipe to a drainage well in the village or in the country, because with a PVC pipe, it will not be possible to organize the required level of grounding.
Electricity and washing machine installation
It is recommended for each powerful device to install a separate power outlet and an RCD circuit breaker connected to the electrical panel, but let’s say an exception can be made for the kitchen, because this requires massive use of electrical equipment. For example, we connect a stove to a power outlet (we are not talking about a gas, but about an electric one), a dishwasher and a washing machine.
Draining, in the case of installing the washing machine in the kitchen, we bring it into the pipe. There are two methods. Handicraft. just make a hole in the elbow, then connect it to the plastic elbow of the sink drain pipe. Or, using a plumber, install a knee tee, the place where the tap connects to the sewer, and insert our drain into it.
Washing machine in the kitchen
The problematic of this issue lies in the fact that often, not knowing how to connect a bosch. Bosch, LG or Atlant washing machine to water, we turn to professionals. And they charge very large sums for their services. from 100 in St. Petersburg and about 70 in Vitebsk, and this is if there is an entrance and if an electrical unit is configured. We hope our instructions helped you do the installation yourself.
Choosing a reliable place to install a household appliance
In a standard city apartment, you will not really run away when choosing a suitable place for a stationary placement of an automatic washing machine. Usually they choose from three options. kitchen, bathroom, toilet, if the bathroom is separate. over, only models with a vertical load can be placed in the toilet, which have a compact size.
Important! When choosing a place, do not forget that there should be a free access to the installed equipment. After all, washing machines are used quite intensively, especially in those families where there are small children.
It is best to install the machine on a concrete base. This will reduce the vibration of the device to a minimum in operating mode. With the help of twisting legs, they provide the machine with a level position, both horizontally and vertically.
We provide waste water discharge into the sewerage system
Many owners do not really think about how to connect the drain of the washing machine to the sewer system. Simply attach the drain hose using the supplied plastic hook to the edge of the tub or sink. If the machine is in the toilet, then the drain hose is simply lowered into the toilet. This method, although simple, is not very convenient. Plumbing fixtures quickly become dirty from the water drained after washing. And it is difficult to use them for their intended purpose. A flood cannot be avoided if you forget about the placement of the drain hose.
Methods for draining waste water from the washing machine
It is much safer and more practical to connect the drain of the washing machine through a special siphon, which looks like a plastic elbow with a branch. Here on this branch and put the tip of the drain hose.
Important! The tap must be positioned over the bent section of the knee to provide a connection to the atmosphere. It is forbidden to connect the drain directly to the sewerage system, since the tightness of the connection will create a “siphon” effect. In this case, the machine simultaneously pumps in water and drains it. An unpleasant odor also spreads inside the washing machine.
We connect the washing machine to the water supply
The washing machine can only be operated if there is an uninterrupted supply of cold water. Each wash cycle requires water at a specific temperature. Therefore, the incoming cold water is heated automatically.
Tap into the water supply system for connecting a washing machine
There is a special opening on the back of the machine for connecting the inlet hose. The other end of the hose must be connected to the water pipe and this can be done in several ways.
- The easiest way to connect is if there is a separate tap in the system, specially provided for this purpose. You will need an adapter, the thread of which will match the threads of the tap and inlet hose. Both threaded connections must be carefully sealed to eliminate the possibility of leakage.
- If the plumbing system in a house or apartment is laid from metal pipes, then for connection you will have to make a tap tap. A ball valve is purchased, equipped with two outlets, as well as a clamp (band). To drill a hole in the pipe, you must first shut off the water. Then a bandage with a sealant is put on the resulting hole and the tap is screwed in. A filler hose is connected to the free outlet of the ball valve.
- You can make an independent connection of the washing machine to the water supply using a straight-through ball valve with three outlets. When choosing cranes, you should not skimp on quality. It is better to give preference to brass taps. If the machine is placed in the toilet, then the connection of the cistern and the hose is used to connect cold water.
Important! When performing work, do not twist the inlet hose or “kink” it. Sealing of threaded connections is carried out with a rubber gasket or special elastic plumbing tape.
We carry out the correct unpacking
Complex household equipment, such as a washing machine, is carefully packed by manufacturers to prevent damage to products during transportation. Therefore, before starting the installation work, the device is freed from the factory packaging, and then the bolts with which the tank is specially fixed are unscrewed. The manufacturer supplies plugs with the device, which are used to close the holes formed. Bolts removed from the machine must be stored and used as intended during transport of the equipment.
Removing shipping bolts and installing plugs
The procedure for removing the shipping parts is indicated in all details in the text of the instructions that must be attached to each household appliance by the manufacturer. When buying imported equipment, make sure that the instructions are translated into Russian. If you carefully follow the diagram in the buyer’s manual, you will be able to connect the washing machine without any problems.
Important! Remember that it is strictly prohibited to operate equipment with transit bolts. If this is allowed, then the breakdown of important technical components of a household appliance is inevitable. over, the consequences can be catastrophic, to the extent that repairs will not help. In this case, you cannot count on a guarantee, because the cause of the damage will be associated with installation errors.
How to independently connect the washing machine to the water supply, sewerage and power supply
There are no problems with the choice and purchase of automatic washing machines now, which cannot be said about their installation. Not every man is ready to perform all installation work on his own. However, I do not want to spend extra money on the services of a master, given that professionals take a lot for their work. In this case, you will have to personally understand the theory and understand how to connect the washing machine yourself in practice to the sewer and water supply. You will have to tinker with the electrical wiring, and also replace the electrical outlet if it is not grounded. All connections and connections must be secure to prevent leakage. Installation work can be carried out in various ways, from which everyone chooses the most convenient and practical.
This clearly demonstrates how to properly connect the washing machine to the water supply system and the sewer network.
How to properly connect the equipment to the mains?
You can’t joke with electricity, since mistakes made when connecting the machine can cost the owners their lives. Therefore, it is better to invite an experienced electrician to perform electrical work. The specialist will determine the power and cross-section of the supply wires and select the cable of the appropriate brand. Install an earthing socket and a residual current device. It is not recommended to use tees and extension cords as this could cause a fire.
Therefore, with your own hands, you can connect the washing machine to the sewer and water supply system, since these works do not require special knowledge. Entrust everything else to a qualified electrician so as not to worry about the health of your loved ones.
Connecting a washing machine with your own hands is not difficult for those who understand technology, deftly handle various tools and have minimal knowledge of how to handle pipes, adapters and plumbing. If all this is unfamiliar to you, then it is better to contact the specialists, having previously found out how much it costs to call the master at home.
The diagram for connecting the washing machine to communications is shown in the photo, we will consider each action in more detail.
Connection through reduction on a tee 50 mm
But the correct connection of the washing machine to the sewer directly into the pipeline may differ slightly:
- the hose for draining water in the washing machine is 22 mm in diameter. but there is no special socket for bends for 50 mm or 32 mm pipelines;
- therefore, for connection, a rubber reduction with a transition to 22 mm is used here. its price is rather symbolic, but the device is fully consistent with its purpose. it is convenient and hermetically sealed;
- if your washing unit is in close proximity to a 50 mm sewer pipeline, then of course you will bump into it through a tee;
- but if the machine is located at the other end of the room, then a 32 mm PVC pipe should be used, connecting it to a 50 mm bend;
- in such cases, the scheme for connecting the washing machine to the sewer does not require the installation of a 32nd pipe at a slope. since the drain is forced here;
- The 32nd pipe into the socket of the 50th branch is also connected by means of a rubber reduction.
Installation of rubber reduction
The drain hose on some units has a diameter of 19 mm on the machine side and 22 mm on the pipeline side.
In this case, oddly enough, it is much easier to connect the unit to the water supply system than to the sewage system, since here, in fact, there is no choice. In any case, the pipeline with the water supply should be located near the automatic machine and there should be shut-off valves in the form of a straight or angle valve on it. There are two clamping nuts on the hose itself, therefore, on the machine itself and on the shut-off valves there must be a fitting with an external thread.
Connection to shut-off valves of the water supply
It is noteworthy that the nuts are designed for 3/4 inch diameter, therefore, the valves must have exactly the same thread. But if a special faucet, which is intended for this purpose, is done 3/4, then the wiring of the water supply most often has 1/2 inch. Therefore, in some cases, the connection will require a reduction fitting.
To the sewer
At first glance, organizing the drainage of water from the car into the sewer riser is not difficult, but in practice it all depends on the characteristics of the connection, which is carried out by two main methods:
- Temporary connection when the drain hose is lowered into the bathroom or toilet (with a combined version).
- Stationary. a tie-in into the sewer is carried out, and here users often face certain difficulties.
- the length of the drain hose should not be too long, as this will increase the load on the drain pump, and it may fail prematurely;
- when connecting the drain to the siphon, you exclude the ingress of unpleasant odors into the machine from the sewer, which is an indisputable plus.
Important! For proper drainage, the place where the hose is connected to the siphon must be at least 50 cm from the floor level, the same rule must be followed when temporarily draining into the bathroom or sink for washing.
The drain hose connects to the siphon of the sink for washing or draining, as shown in the photo. As a result, the connection will be sufficiently tight.
Self-connecting washing machine machine
When purchasing a washing machine, you can ask the masters for help to connect it. However, this procedure is quite easy, and many craftsmen are able to cope with it on their own. We will learn how to connect a washing machine without calling specialists, and where in the apartment it is better to do it.
Nuances of power connection
Household appliances of this class, such as a washing unit, have a very high level of electrical energy consumption in the range of 1.5-2.5 kW. In addition, they are constantly in contact with water, so do-it-yourself connection of the washing machine to electricity must be done in compliance with all electrical safety requirements.
When the wiring is made in the apartment on the basis of aluminum wires, then it is necessary to carry out a separate one. with a copper wire. consisting of three cores with a cross section of 1.5 sq. mm, separate AZO (residual current circuit breaker) and RCD (residual current device). In particular, this applies to old houses. The cable should be selected as NYM type with a triple insulation system, good rigidity, convenient for laying in walls.
When you independently connect the washing machine to the mains, you need to know that the household appliance is plugged into a separate moisture-proof outlet. Remember when buying; the higher the index of degrees of protection (there are only 8), the better. The socket is connected to the electrical panel through a separate switch. with a rating of at least 25 A.
When the appliance is in the bathroom, then when taking a shower, the machine must be unplugged to avoid electric shock.
If there is no grounding, then if the machine malfunctions during operation, there is a real danger of electric shock. Do not touch the cabinet under any circumstances, prohibit children from entering the room when washing is in progress.
You need to connect to the electrical panel as follows:
- the blue core is connected to zero;
- green and yellow wire. grounding, it is attached to a separate screw on the shield body;
- phase. to a separate switch or RCD.
Modern washing units must be connected to a residual current device. which will protect you from unwanted electric shock. The device must have the following parameters: current strength 16-32 A, and the leakage value. 10-30 mA.
When the apartment is without grounding. like most in the Russian Federation, then the connection must be made according to the following scheme, as shown in the figure. When self-connecting to the electrical panel on the floor at the entrance of an apartment building, consult with an electrician from the housing office or ask him to perform these operations for a fee.
Important! If connected incorrectly, the neutral wire burns out and there is a real danger of electric shock to people.
In order to properly connect the washing machine to the home electrical network, you must strictly follow the following recommendations:
- We lay an autonomous power line to the installation site of the household appliance. For this, plastic boxes of various sizes are quite suitable, which do not spoil the appearance of the apartment.
- Operate the circuit breaker. install a separate residual current device in the dashboard: then in case of malfunctions with the machine, the power supply will be turned off only to it, and the whole apartment will not be de-energized.
- Use only recommended circuits that meet technical and operational characteristics; the wiring must also meet the assigned tasks.
Separately, I would like to draw attention to the location of the socket for connection: it should not be located below 60 cm from the floor level and no further than 130 cm from the body of the machine.
It must be remembered that the electrical connection of the washing machine is the most difficult. If you have a familiar electrician, then use his help: he probably knows how to properly connect the washing machine.
Drainage into the bath and sink. disadvantages
The latter method is practiced quite often, since plastic hooks are always supplied with the washing machine. By throwing the hook with the hose over the edge of the bathtub or sink, we will ensure unhindered drainage of dirty water into the drain. In this case, we do not need to install siphons, fiddle with pipes and connections. But not everything is as simple as we would like.
The fact is that the direct discharge of dirty water into the sewer pollutes bathtubs and sinks. Having polished our bathtub to a shine, we immediately pour in dirty water with washing powder and the remains of pollutants. And it’s good if this dirty water will immediately fall into the drain. in many cases, the drain hose reaches only to the other end of the bath. Therefore, dirty water will gently flow along the bottom, contaminating the snow-white enamel or acrylic (depending on what kind of bath).
We connect the machine to the sewer without a siphon
You can connect the washing machine to the sewer without a siphon. In this case, the drain hose is connected directly to the sewer pipe. To do this, a tee is placed in it, with which the hose itself is connected. In some cases, a separate plastic pipe is laid to the machine, connected to the sewer.