Let’s pay attention to the tray
Bosch often gets dirty in the detergent tray. Powder not washed off into the drum turns to stone over time, “growing” to the walls of the hopper. The longer the cuvette is not cleaned, the thicker the plaque. The consequences are sad: the pipe is clogged, water with granules does not leave the dispensary, leading to leakage and poor washing of clothes. To avoid this, you must pay attention to the powder receptacle after each wash.
Use citric acid, vinegar or baking soda to remove stubborn dirt from the powder receptacle.
The dispenser is easy to remove. We act like this:
- we grab the handle;
- pull on ourselves until it stops;
- we clamp a special “tongue” located in the center;
- pulling out the tray.
Often, rinsing the hopper under warm water is enough to rinse off any remaining powder. If cleaning is the first time in a long time, you will have to start with soaking. Prepare a citric acid solution and lower the tray into it for 1-2 hours. Afterwards, you need to walk along the walls with a toothbrush, rinse and wipe dry.
The cuvette is returned to its place without much difficulty. It is enough to insert the tray into special guides and push it all the way.
How to clean a Bosch washing machine from dirt?
Any equipment needs regular maintenance, and washing machines are no exception. While some contaminants are visible to the naked eye, others are found in the depths of the machine during “cleaning”. There are many places in the washer that are vulnerable to dirt. from the body and the drum to the cuff, powder receptacle and waste filter.
You cannot forget about cleaning: it is necessary to clean the Bosch washing machine from dirt inside and outside, protecting it from breakage and poor-quality washing. How to do it faster and more correctly. we will tell you in detail.
There is a lot of debris in the bottom folds of the hatch cuff, from hair and soap to a stuck baby sock. Do not leave it in the gum. high humidity and lack of air conditioning will lead to mold and an unpleasant smell. It is better to look into the drum after each wash, unbend the elastic and pull out the excess.
thorough cleaning is recommended from time to time:
- process all the folds of the cuff with whiteness;
- close the hatch door;
- leave the product to “work” for at least 30 minutes;
- then rinse with water by hand or run a quick wash;
- then wipe dry.
Instead of whitening, you can use a soda or lemon solution to clean the cuff. The main thing is to avoid corrosive acids that can corrode the rubber seal. Do not forget about personal safety by using gloves and safety glasses.
Let’s start with the trash can
On the Bosch washing machine, the drain filter is “hidden” in the lower right corner behind a rectangular service hatch. It is easy to get to the “trash bin”: we open the door with a flat screwdriver and wring out the plastic latches. All that remains is to find the black plug and start cleaning the nozzle. The aLGorithm is as follows:
- disconnect the washing machine from the power supply;
- tilt the body back so that the front legs rise 5-7 cm above the floor;
- substitute a container under the trash filter (the water remaining in the tank will be poured into it);
- find the emergency drain hose, pull it out and drain the water into a container.
Not all Bosch models have a dedicated drain hose. Without it, the procedure for completely emptying the tank follows a different scheme. through unscrewing the “trash bin”. The instruction is as follows:
- grab the ledge on the cork and scroll from right to left;
- if the part does not feed, treat it abundantly with WD-40 grease;
- pull out the nozzle;
- inspect the vacated hole for dirt and debris (it is better to enlighten with a flashlight and thoroughly clean the seat);
- clean off adhering debris from the nozzle and rinse under the tap;
- return the “trash bin” to its place, screwing it all the way;
- close the filter with a decorative hatch.
Ideally, the trash filter should be cleaned every three months. An unscheduled “cleaning” is recommended after washing knitted woolen garments. If pets, cats and dogs live in the house, then the “trash bin” should be washed monthly.
Where are the accumulations of sewage located?
Despite constant contact with water and detergents, the washing machine will inevitably get dirty. over, even the aforementioned “clean” liquids make their “dirty contribution”: limescale plaster deposits on the hoses and the Tubular Heater, and the soap remains a film in the dispensary and the drum. The situation is aggravated by litter and lint crumbling from things, as well as high humidity and room dust.
Bosch gets dirty everywhere, inside and outside, but some places are most vulnerable to the accumulation of debris. So, special attention must be paid to the drain filter, cuff, pump, powder receptacle and the bottom of the tank.
Experts recommend comprehensively cleaning the washing machine every six months!
- Drainage filter. It is also called garbage, as it retains 90% of the litter that has got into the washing machine. This is dirt, objects accidentally caught in the drum, hair, threads and paper. It must be washed at least once every six months.
- Hatch cuff. The rubber seal has several folds in which debris from things, soapy deposits and water accumulate. If the gum is not regularly wiped dry and not cleaned of dirt, it will turn black, moldy and smell unpleasant.
- Water pump. The impeller of the pump takes over 10% of the remaining after the drainage filter. hair, lint and other debris stick to the blades, blocking the operation of the device. If there is a lot of dirt, the appliance breaks down and washing becomes impossible.
- Powder receiver. Often, undissolved detergent remains in the tray, which, together with dust and limescale water deposits, settles on the walls of the bunker and hardens. Also, mold often “settles” in the cuvette.
- Tank bottom. Garbage from the drum “falls through” to the bottom of the tank, here soap deposits and residual water settle. It is difficult to get to such “treasures”, but you should not neglect cleaning the bottom.
Knowing the dirtiest places of the washing machine, it is easier to organize the process and speed up cleaning. It is better to move from the simple one, rinsing the filter, tray and cuff, to the complex one, the pump and the tank. Everything is done relatively easily. every hostess will cope.
Let’s get busy
Getting to the pump is more difficult. you will have to partially disassemble the machine and the pump itself. To begin with, the washing machine is disconnected from the power supply, water supply and sewerage system, after which it moves away from the wall. Then the aLGorithm is as follows:
- take out the powder receptacle;
- unscrew the two self-tapping screws hiding behind the tray;
- loosen the bolts around the perimeter of the dashboard and disconnect the board from the case (you do not need to completely disconnect the module, just hang it on the side or put it on top);
- pry off the door of the technical hatch and remove it to the side;
- remove the outer clamp from the cuff and tuck the elastic into the drum (you do not need to completely pull the seal off. it is very difficult to return it back);
- disable UBL;
- unhook the front panel from the washing machine;
- drain the water from the machine.
Now we find a drain pump in the lower part of the structure, unscrew the bolts holding it, disconnect the wiring and, swinging it, take it out of the machine. Then we proceed to cleaning: we free the impeller from the hair and threads, clean off the dirt from the surface of the drainage and the nearby snail. Next, we disassemble the part and wash the internal elements.
The cleaned pump is assembled back and returned to its place, securely fixed on the snail. If during installation it is noticed that the impeller dangles or flies off the shaft, then you cannot try to fix it with sealant or glue. It is safer to replace the pump completely.
Dirt in the tank
Cleaning the tank should not be part of regular cleaning. Such manipulation is necessary only in extreme cases: if the bearing assembly changes or a foreign object is stuck in the machine. In other cases, you can do without cleaning the bottom.
If you decide to clean the machine completely, you will have to remove the heating element and manually remove the debris from the bottom of the tank through the vacant hole. It is recommended to proceed in the following sequence:
- de-energize the machine;
- shut off the water;
- drain water through a hose, filter;
- move the washing machine to the center of the room;
- remove the back panel of the case;
- take a photo of the Tubular Heater feature to fix the location of the wires;
- free the wiring from the terminals;
- disconnect the thermistor;
- unscrew the central nut;
- push the bolt inside;
- swing the Tubular Heater and remove from the seat.
We put a hand with a rag into the free hole and clean the bottom of debris. Then we return everything to its places, acting in the reverse order.
How to descale a washing machine
Limestone deposits hide on internal parts and often the user is unaware of their existence until breakage. Tablets and powders for prophylaxis often have a low degree of effectiveness. To reduce the cost of household chemicals and protect the washing machine, use the following recommendations:
- You will need 100-300 grams of citric acid. The amount depends on the maximum load of the machine. Pour the agent into the powder tray (“B” or “II”), set the continuous mode at high temperature.
- You can use white vinegar instead of citric acid. Pour 0.5 liters of vinegar into the powder compartment. Switch on the mode without prewash and with a temperature of 90 ° C. 15 minutes after the start, press pause. Run it after an hour. The acid will dissolve deposits in all hard-to-reach areas. After the program has finished, run the fast mode to make sure to wash away any residues.
In difficult situations, seek help from specialized means to combat (not prevent) scale. These include Antinakipin and the like. Place of purchase. business department.
We clean the filters of the washing machine
Small debris, threads, buttons, coins do not disappear without a trace. All small objects migrate to the drain filter and there they become overgrown with mucus, bacteria and debris, forming unpleasant “lumps”. Therefore, manufacturers recommend cleaning the filter every 30 washes.
You can get to the filter yourself. The bottom panel provides a strip or rectangular door, pushing or removing which, you get to the coveted mechanism. Turn the plug counterclockwise. If a locking screw is installed, unscrew it.
Begin brushing with a toothbrush and soapy water. If contamination is significant, add alcohol or chlorine to the water. Carefully remove the blockage and clean the filter with detergent mixture, rinse. Put the part back in place, screw tight. Run a test wash to make sure the filter does not leak.
Purity of the rubber seal!
The cuff is the abode of the most terrible microbes, fungi and other delights. This is where problematic pollution comes in. Diligence, a toothbrush, and one of the following can help you clean up:
- for light dirt. soap solution;
- for medium. a solution of vinegar or citric acid;
- for heavy. bleach or blue.
Apply the product to the sealant, leave it on for 15 minutes or more. Begin brushing. Remove excess and run the clipper on continuous operation at 90 ° C. Add 400-500 ml of vinegar to the tray.
We clean the tray
The main insidious “evil” lies in the compartment, since dirt in this area affects the quality of washing in general. The following factors contribute to the appearance of dirt:
- frequent use of liquid powders, softeners and conditioners;
- the use of concentrates (very thick products) without dilution with water;
- an abundance of funds that leads to poor rinsing;
- untimely cleaning.
So, the remains of cleaning agents can settle on the walls of the device and even on the internal parts, which negatively affects the condition of the washing machine. Subsequently, the device will become the optimal habitat for black mold that can contaminate clothes and cause allergies.
So, it is worth cleaning up light dirt in the following way:
- You will need a minimum of tools: a mild cleaning compound and an old toothbrush.
- Remove the tray by pressing the button. usually indicated as “Push”. On top-loading machines, this element looks like a button or a small lever.
- Prepare warm soapy water in a basin or bathtub, place a tray there.
- Brush off dirt and stains thoroughly with a toothbrush. Rinse out dirt periodically.
- Soak container for 10 minutes if necessary.
- Rinse and dry naturally.
Arm yourself with bleach or chlorine to clean heavy dirt from the tray. An alternative is the blue and universal Domestos product. Dilute the selected composition with water and immerse the container in it for a couple of hours. It is advisable not to immerse the front panel of the device, as plastic that has darkened from time or sunlight can easily change color, and the container will differ from other parts. After the procedure, rinse the container and proceed with the cleaning described above with a toothbrush and a mild cleaner.
Cleaning the outside of the washing machine
When ordinary wet cleaning with dusting stops working, it is worth considering more effective options. Therefore, it is worth cleaning the washing machine according to the extent and frequency of use.
We clean off the rust
Rust can appear at the seams of parts on the back of the product or in areas that have been exposed to moisture. A special risk area is the bathroom, in which high humidity is practically the norm. You can see rusty smudges when replacing parts or other work, when you have to disturb and move the apparatus. Such an embarrassment happens infrequently, but it brings confusion to the owners. If you are faced with rust, you will be helped by:
- A specialized tool that is sold in economic departments. Such a composition is applied to a rusty place and left for several minutes. Then they are cleaned and wiped with a damp cloth. Minimum investment of time and effort.
- Vinegar and lemon juice will save you from medium to small rusty spots. Mix the ingredients in equal proportions and apply to the affected area, leave for a couple of hours or less. Go over with a brush and rinse. Repeat if necessary.
- Baking soda has a harsher effect. Mix baking soda with water until a slurry forms, apply to the affected area, leave for 15 minutes. Take a hard washcloth or metal scraper and finish the job. For severe cases, the procedures are repeated several times.
- Exotics in the fight against rust. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Fanta. Soda contains phosphoric acid, which can dissolve rust stains. Moisten a cotton swab liberally with liquid and apply to the area for 10 minutes, repeat. If possible, immerse the rusted part in the soda water whole.
We remove dust in hard-to-reach places
The main problem for external cleaning of washing machines is “dust accumulation” at the joints of parts, corners and other shallow recesses. It is quite easy to clean up such dirt. Choose a small brush with fine teeth to easily handle corners and more. Dilute a mild cleaner with water and treat the surface thoroughly. Wipe dry with a clean, soft cloth.
Depending on the degree of contamination, the sight glass is cleaned by the following means:
- disposable wet wipes;
- liquid for glass;
- toothbrush and dishwashing liquid;
- soda gruel;
- coarse salt;
- hard sponge;
- metal scraper (with care, as diligence leads to scratches).
As a rule, stubborn stains are soapy deposits. Vinegar or citric acid will help dissolve such deposits. Heavy Artillery. Chlorine compounds like Domestos. Apply the product diluted with water to the glass and leave for 5 minutes, then wipe thoroughly. In very severe cases, arm yourself with a scraper.
Prevention For total disinfection, a temperature of 90 ° C is required. Please note that the dispenser and similar helpers are not designed for such high numbers. The mixture is sent to the drum “solo”.
How to clean a washing machine from dirt inside the machine
What a nice thing. this automatic washing machine. How much is it useful and how much free time it provides. Today it is very difficult to do without such a miracle technology. How annoying it can be when it fails due to the presence of a large amount of pollution. How to properly clean the washing machine without harm to its parts, you will learn from this article.
Additional ways to prevent limescale build-up
One of the most dangerous enemies of the washing machine is the appearance of scale on its important parts. The cause of this problem in most cases is too hard water, with a lot of salts, which, during the operation of the washing machine, settle on its Tubular Heater. It is easier to prevent limescale build-up than to fight it. I offer some useful tips with which this problem can be easily solved.
- Tip 1. If you have fairly hard water in your home, which can cause scale deposits on the Tubular Heater, add a little water softener to the washing machine with each wash. It can be played by ordinary citric acid or a special tool “CaLGon”.
- Tip 2. In order to prevent the appearance of scale on the Tubular Heater of the washing machine, it is necessary to periodically add a little soda ash to the water. The components of this substance are able to combine with salt molecules in water, thereby preventing the formation of scale deposits on the Tubular Heater.
- Tip 3. Frequently use low and medium temperature modes for washing, as this prevents limescale build-up on the Tubular Heater. Washing at high temperature conditions, on the contrary, stimulates the process of precipitation of salts from the water on the walls of the heating element. If you have heavy dirt on your clothes that cannot be washed at low temperatures, use a manual pre-wash. Let it be quite laborious, but the operating time of your automatic machine will increase.
- Tip 4. To avoid excessive limescale formation on the Tubular Heater of the automatic washing machine, try to wash shabby things in it less. When such clothes are washed, a large number of tiny particles are formed, which contribute to the formation of lime deposits on the parts of the machine, including the Tubular Heater. It is recommended to wash such things by hand or in an activator type machine.
- Tip 5. For washing in a machine, it is advisable to use pre-softened water. To do this, the water can be boiled beforehand and defended a little so that all heavy salts settle to the bottom, then drain the clean water without salts and use it for washing.
These tips will help protect important elements of your automatic washing machine from the formation of unpleasant limescale deposits and will significantly extend its operating time.
How to clean a washing machine with citric acid?
Having learned how to clean the washing machine from the dirt inside the machine with soda. It is now necessary to disassemble how to clean the automatic washing machine with citric acid?
citric acid or citric acid can easily defeat:
- remnants of dirt;
She easily destroys these problems on the surface of the internal parts of the automatic machine. Only you should purchase a fresh product with a short period from the date of manufacture.
To clean one washing machine from dirt from the inside, you must take at least two hundred grams of citric acid. The prepared amount of acid must be poured into the container of the tray or drum of the automatic washing machine. Turn on the machine by selecting the “long wash” mode with a temperature of at least sixty degrees.
As a result of the effect of active citric acid compounds on the structure of limescale, it is destroyed and exfoliated from the surface of internal parts. With this wash cycle, do not put dirty laundry in the drum, as it will interfere with the detergent.
After the set mode is over, you should turn on the intensive rinse to wash off the acid residues from the parts. This method of internal cleaning of the surfaces of parts should be carried out no more than once every three months. Frequent use of citric acid to clean the inside of the washing machine can cause early wear of the rubber components.
How to clean a washing machine with vinegar?
The usual acetic acid, which any housewife has in the locker, is not only great for preparing delicious dishes, but also able to cope with all sorts of dirt inside the washing machine. And how to clean a washing machine with vinegar, you will learn from this material.
To clean the inner surfaces of the automatic machine parts, you need to take about two glasses of acetic acid (vinegar essence) and slowly pour into it. Then turn on the automatic machine in the network, having previously selected the “long wash” mode. Be sure to set the machine to a high temperature for maximum cleaning performance.
In this “idle” mode, leave the automatic machine to work without any laundry for about five minutes. After that, turn on the “pause” followed by leaving the acid in the machine for sixty minutes. During this time, acetic acid will be able to dissolve most of the resulting contamination and will not be able to harm the parts themselves. After the required time for soaking has elapsed, the wash should be completed.
Next, you need to remove the remaining acid from the machine, and to completely clear it of vinegar, you need to carry out a short wash. Finally, rinse all parts with clean water and wipe everything dry. Wipe well the surface of the rubber seal, drum, and the inside of the door. For such a wipe, you can use a solution consisting of equal shares of vinegar and water. After that, all parts should be well wiped dry again.
How to clean the washing machine from the dirt inside the machine with soda?
Ordinary baking soda helps to clean the inner walls of the machine. They take equal parts of soda and room temperature water, and then mix them together until all the soda dissolves in the volume of water.
The resulting mixture is applied with a sponge to the surfaces of parts in the internal structure of the machine. Rub these surfaces a little with a sponge, and then wash off everything with water. Rub not only the metal parts of the automatic machine, but also the rubber parts. After everything is washed off with water, the cleaned surfaces must be wiped dry.
With regular baking soda, molds can be dealt with on the machine. It is best to clean the machine parts with baking soda at least once every seven days.
How to use chlorine bleach correctly?
Use chlorine bleach to remove limescale from the inside of the machine. Ideally suited for these purposes “Whiteness”.
It is required to measure out a full glass of this product with a measuring cup and pour it into the drum space. Set the long wash cycle to a temperature of at least sixty degrees. Then rinse everything well and wipe dry.
This method is also effective in combating lime and other contamination of the automatic machine. The only drawback of this cleaning method is the presence of a strong odor during the cleaning procedure. In this case, doors and windows should be opened to eliminate it. It is not recommended to inhale the generated vapors, as they can negatively affect the general condition of the body. The frequency of this method is no more than three times a month.
How to clean a washing machine from dirt inside the machine?
Today, there are several fairly effective ways to help cope with this problem. over, not only special-purpose cleaning agents should be used for cleaning, but also many household substances and products. To get rid of accumulations of dirt inside the automatic machine, you can resort to the help:
- acetic acid;
- citric acid;
- chlorine bleaches and others.
So, it is worth considering how to clean the washing machine from dirt inside the machine using special and household products at home.
Use of industrial products
Among the means of industrial production, it is well suited for cleaning a washing machine from limescale “KaLGon”. This tool has a special instruction describing the dosage of the tool and how to clean the machine from lime contamination.
How to properly clean the washing machine inside?
Many housewives are interested in the question: “How to clean the washing machine from the dirt inside the machine?” Of course, it is worth noting here the fact that it is necessary to clean not only the visible light parts of the drum, but also the filter surface. It is the contamination of this part of the machine that can cause an unpleasant smell, poor circulation of liquid inside the machine, or a flood. To avoid such unpleasant turns, periodically open the lower panel cover and pull out the filter for cleaning. It is necessary to clean such a part from the inside and outside. All rubbish from this part of the washing machine should be carefully removed, and the part should be subsequently put back in place.
In addition to the filter of the automatic machine, it is recommended to periodically clean the compartments for filling powdery substances, as well as the glass of the machine itself. The powder compartments can be easily cleaned with the liquid Komet. Double effect ”. Simply fill the entire previously removed powder compartment with it in a small container and let it sit for a few hours. Then drain the remaining gel and rinse the parts with water. Everything will look like new.
You can remove all kinds of dirt from the surface of the glass door on such a machine using an acetic solution of fifty percent concentration. You can prepare such a solution yourself by mixing equal amounts of water with vinegar essence. After wiping the glass with such a solution, it is recommended to additionally wipe the glass with a damp cloth and wipe.
How to descale Tubular Heater in a washing machine
This element is most susceptible to breakdowns. If your tap water has an increased level of “hardness”, i.e. the amount of impurities in the form of metals, salts and rust exceeds the norm, the risk of premature failure of the Tubular Heater is very high. A layer of scale forms on it, which builds up with each wash. When there is too much scale, the Tubular Heater will prevent the machine from even starting a wash program. You will learn about the breakdown of the electric heater if the machine suddenly turned off in the midst of work, and from that moment it completely stopped working.
Cleaning the inside with vinegar
Descaling with Tubular Heater Vinegar is a less popular method than the previous one, but it also takes place on forums on the Internet. Acetic acid is more aggressive than citric acid. When using it, the seals (rubber bands) of the machine. automatic machine may be damaged. However, it is better and faster to remove scale from the electric heater.
Pour 50 ml of vinegar into the powder and conditioner holes. Whether it is possible to trust this folk remedy is up to you to decide. Evaluate all of the above means reasonably.
How to remove limescale deposits with citric acid
The citric acid we are accustomed to is a great help to remove scale. The amount of citric acid powder depends on how much the heating element is “overgrown” with scale. On average, an automatic machine with a 5 kg load will require 5 sachets of citric acid. 4 of them. pour into a container for powder, 1 pc. into the drum of the machine. Set the washing mode with a maximum temperature of 90-95 ° C.
At the moment of draining the water, you will see how whole pieces of dirty gray scale come out. The main thing is that fragments of plaque do not clog the drain hose. otherwise you will have to clean it manually.
You can use citric acid twice a month.
Cleaning the machine’s drain pump filter
Few people know about the existence of this filter, and clogging is not uncommon. An ignorant person can give fabulous money to a master who will undertake to “fix” the car, although there is no breakdown as such. you just need to remove dirt from the drain filter. It is on the front of the machine, at the very bottom, you can see the square outline of the cover. What to do next?
- When you open the lid, you will see the plug covering the drain filter hose. Place the container before removing the plug. water may spill out of the hose.
- Behind the cork, you will instantly see the cause of the blockage. all buttons, hair, seed peels and other impurities fall into the drain filter after each wash. If he has never washed, an unpleasant smell is possible. Use a gloved hand to free the filter from accumulated dirt.
- Wipe the filter dry with a dry cloth.
It is advisable to wash the filter drain hole after each wash, in extreme cases. 2 times a month.
We get rid of dirt in the removable compartment for powder and detergents
Most often, no one looks into this container. they poured the powder into the reservoir, poured fabric softener, slammed it and forward. But if you look there, you can see a lot of interesting things. There will be dirt, black mold stains and even mildew. An unpleasant sight, and most importantly, all these dirt in each wash are in contact with the drum and your laundry. How to remove dirt from the powder container and get rid of mold:
- The container can be easily removed from the compartment. Take out the powder receptacle, take a sponge, or better. an old toothbrush, lather with laundry soap and try to clean all the accumulated dirt and mold deposits.
- There may be deposits in the air conditioner reservoir. It is easy to get rid of plaque using a toilet bowl cleaner. You can take an inexpensive chlorine product, pour 20-30 ml into the compartment. Let stand for 1-2 hours. Mold particles will dissolve along with plaque.
- Cleaning the powder container is easy. therefore, preventatively rinse the container after every 3-5 washings to avoid dirt and mold.
How to properly clean the washing machine from scale and dirt inside
It’s hard to imagine everyday life without washing your clothes. There is sorely lack of time and energy for manual work after a hard working day. A clever girl and an assistant comes to the rescue. an automatic machine. They threw the dirty laundry. they pressed the button. and after an hour or two the things were clean. The service life of this miracle of technology is about 10 years. But dust, dirt, “hard” tap water significantly shorten this period. Such a misfortune may occur that one day the automatic machine will stop working for no apparent reason, although there is actually a reason. it is scale. Heavy metal salt deposits on the Tubular Heater cause the machine to stop working completely. If the automatic machine suddenly stops working, the first step is to determine what is the cause of the breakdown. According to statistics, the main reasons for this trouble are the formation of scale on the Tubular Heater and the tight clogging of the filter. We will tell in our article whether there is a prevention of the formation of these deposits and how to clean the washing machine from scale and dirt inside.
We remove dirt from the drum of the automatic machine
It can also collect dirt and limescale. Some models have an automatic drum cleaning function. It is enough to press a button and you can observe the process without any intervention. How to wash a drum if there is no such special function. some topical tips:
- Pour 100 ml of bleach into the machine drum itself. Start a wash program without laundry at a temperature of at least 60 ° C. The drum is cleaned and unpleasant odors are eliminated.
- Pour 2 bags of citric acid into an empty drum. Start the wash cycle with the maximum temperature. It’s good if there is a double rinse mode. it will help remove all plaque.
- Prepare a solution of soda ash to rinse the machine: stir the powder in water in a ratio of 1 to 1. Rub the drum and rubber pad around with the mixture (be sure to wear gloves!), Then let it stand with the door open for half an hour. After using a sponge, remove residues and remove particles invisible to the eye using the fast dry cycle (no clothes).
- Leave the Washing machine door ajar until the drum is completely dry after each wash. Otherwise, an unpleasant odor will appear in it, which will have to be removed.
Another good way to remove limescale
It turns out that you can easily and inexpensively clean your home assistant from scale and dirt inside. Do not forget about preventive measures, then cleaning will need to be done less often.
Cleaning the drum of the machine with soda
You can use regular baking soda to clean the interior of your appliance. Mix baking soda with water, wait until it is completely dissolved. Wipe all rubber bands and / or drum with a cloth moistened with this solution.
Using baking soda can help fight off unpleasant sludge. In addition, the cost of the product will not burden your wallet.
After finishing cleaning, you need to rinse the solution with water and wipe the treated surface dry. The procedure can be performed once a week. It doesn’t take long.
How to properly clean the washing machine from dirt?
Before you figure out how to properly clean the washing machine from dirt, you need to understand the reasons for its appearance. And only then, you can begin to consider ways to combat pollution and unpleasant odors.
Why does dirt and damp odors appear in the washing machine
It is not clear where the dirt appears, which, in theory, should go with running water? It turns out that not all contaminants are removed, some of them remain inside the unit on the working drum. There are several objective and subjective reasons.
- The hard water we use contributes to the formation of limescale on the working surfaces of the unit. It contains a large amount of iron. It is it that does not completely dissolve in warm water and settles on the walls of the machine in the form of scale.
- In most cases, households wash at t 0 water 40 0 C. This is not enough to split the heat in full. The dirt is retained in the hose, the seal filter and gradually decomposes. Becomes source of unpleasant odors.
- Chemicals that we use: washing powders, various bleaches and other chemicals also accumulate in the tank, overgrowing with mold and mildew due to constant humidity.
- Dry clothes can also cause unpleasant odors. After all, we most often accumulate it before washing. In addition, we do not always get the washed things out of the machine, sometimes leaving them overnight.
Photo 2: To avoid the appearance of mold and unpleasant odors, remove the washed laundry from the machine immediately after the end of washing. This can cause unpleasant odors.
If you do not take care of the typewriter, it will cease to be your assistant. The unit must be looked after and cleaned thoroughly. How to effectively clean the washing machine from dirt, read below. But, first, a few practical tips from experts.
- Experts advise.
Use the amount of detergent recommended by the manufacturer. Acting on the principle “you can’t spoil porridge with butter” can only harm the technique. Without getting the long-awaited effect of washing dirty things. Dispense the use of washing powder.
Take out the washed laundry immediately after washing. Don’t leave it on for a long time. Things that have not been removed from the washing machine can bring you additional troubles: soak up the smell, which you will have to get rid of by washing the laundry again.
Regularly spring-clean your washing equipment after 2-3 months of use.
If there are animals in the house, cleaning and cleaning the tank from the inside should be done more often.
By following these simple recommendations, you will extend the life of the washing machine and get rid of unpleasant odors and mold.
Now you can move on to the methods of processing the inside of the washing installation, therefore, to answer the question of how you can clean the drum of the washing machine from dirt.
With the help of what means, you can clean washing equipment
There are several simple and effective ways to get rid of dirt in the drum of the machine / machine:
- using soda;
- acetic acid;
- citric acid;
- chlorine bleach;
- special means.
Let’s dwell on each of these methods in more detail. Let’s get acquainted with the proposed options for cleaning the interior of the machine / machine.
Treatment of problem areas with acetic acid
Taking 300-400 grams of acetic acid solution, pour it into the machine. Set the timer for the longest process and turn it on to a maximum of t 0 using the wash program without clothes. 120 seconds after the start of the drum rotation, it is necessary to pause and fix the technique in this position for about 60 minutes. Then, turn on the favorite program and wait for the end of its work.
What you need to know when using chlorine bleach as a cleaning agent
Put on a long wash cycle. In this case, the working t 0 should be at the level of 60 0 С. After turning on the unit in the specified mode, wait for the end of the working process, and use the rinsing mode. This will thoroughly rinse the interior and remove any bleach residue.
After rinsing, wipe the housing and rubber components dry. Experts recommend using the product no more than 3 times every 60 days. This is due to the toxicity of the bleach.
We do not forget about our own health and safety
When working with cleaning chemicals, you need to take care of your health. Do not inhale vapors that have a negative effect on the human body.
Work should be carried out in a ventilated area using personal protective equipment: gauze masks and / or respirator and rubber gloves.
Citric acid as one of the effective means of fighting for the cleanliness of the internal space of washing equipment
All that consuming acid, when used correctly, will rid the interior of the equipment of unpleasant odors, mold and mud deposits. Easily removes limescale. An important aspect of quality processing will be the use of fresh product (date of manufacture).
Two hundred (200) grams of citric acid is sufficient for a one-time cleaning. You can enter the required amount into the tray or pour the product directly into the drum. The choice does not play a special role. The next step is to turn on the machine for a long wash.
Important! It is necessary to clean the unit at t 0 not less than 60 0 С.
Why do experts pay attention to temperature conditions? The fact is that at high water temperatures, fats break down more efficiently. At the second stage of cleaning, you need to turn on rinsing in order to remove acid residues in the work surface and rubber parts.
Note! Frequent use of citric acid in a washing machine can lead to premature failure of rubber seals.
Experts recommend, and machine / machine owners confirm that this method of cleaning the interior space can be performed no more than once every 3 months.
What conclusions can be drawn? Washing machine cleaners vary. It is important, at the stage of work to remove dirt, scale and unpleasant odors, to correctly dose the cleaning products.
Do not forget about your own safety and health. The main thing is to periodically carry out preventive work and prevent the appearance of dirt outside and inside the washing machine / machine.
In this case, it (the machine) will serve you faithfully for more than one year.
A few words about the use of industrial products
Photo 4: Washing machine cleaner
This is not the only option. It is possible to work with “anti-limescale”, using it in the fight against white deposits and lime deposits. The product is poured into the drum.
The machine turns on for a long wash without clothes at a water temperature of 60 0 C. It is necessary to monitor the dosage, do not exceed the amount recommended by specialists.
Do not forget! Excessive enthusiasm for special means can lead to early failure of rubber seals and components.
Vinegar will also help with scale. But, you should take into account the fact that vinegar has a strong smell in the washing machine.
The use is very simple.
- Instead of detergents, a glass of 9% vinegar is poured.
- Wash at 60 degrees.
- An additional rinse is activated after the main cycle.
- You need to complete descaling by cleaning the filter from loose pieces.
How to descale a washing machine?
Scale is not dangerous for humans, but destructive for washing equipment.
It envelops the Tubular Heater, which affects the heating of the water and this leads to higher energy costs.
In a more complex case, the heating element may fail and need to be replaced.
How to clean parts of a washing machine?
Application of whiteness
If it is necessary to remove mold from the drum, then whiteness will help.
The whiteness cleaning procedure looks like this:
- Fill the tray with one liter of whiteness.
- Set the wash to 90 degrees.
- When the door heats up, stop the machine by pausing the program for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, resume work.
- Then you need vinegar, which is poured into the conditioner compartment and start rinsing again.
The simplest remedy that helps in the fight against plaque is “Antinakipin”, it contains aggressive agents.
When decomposed in water, the resulting solution removes calcium and magnesium salts, which form scale.
Sodium bicarbonate will help fight fungus.
This is the most common method, because to clean the washing machine with soda a lot of time and money.
How is soda cleaning done?
- Let’s prepare a solution. It is necessary to mix in proportions 1: 1 soda with water.
- It is necessary to wipe all areas affected by the fungus (drum, seals and other parts) with a cloth soaked in this solution.
- After processing, it is enough to additionally rinse.
We clean the drain hose
The drain may be clogged. The reason lies in an overdose of detergent, as a result of which soap deposits are formed. Small things and hair can also get there.
If this does not help, you need to remove the hose. To do this, you will have to open the bottom of the equipment, and use a Kevlar cable to clean the hose. Then process it in a vinegar solution for a few minutes.
Opponents of chemical agents will benefit from safe ways of fighting. These include lemon, when used once a quarter or six months, the washing machine will last a long time.
A big plus of this method is that lemon and acid will not harm the seals and equipment units.
So how to descale a washing machine with citric acid?
To do this, just pour 100 grams of lemon powder into the tray and start washing at 90 degrees. This will effectively remove scale during prolonged use of the machine without preventive maintenance.
After the end of the main program, an additional rinse is required. And lo and behold! The machine is like new!